The Mass Effect Series aka the greatest RPG series ever (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Harry Tuttle -> The Mass Effect Series aka the greatest RPG series ever (4/6/2009 6:42:57 PM)

Here's a LINK to IGN's E3 preview report on Mass Effect 2, including the new trailer.

As a massive fan of the first game you can now officially colour me excited [:)].

Now all I need for a perfect E3 from Bioware is for them to announce that they've changed their minds and decided to keep KOTOR a single player affair.

directorscut -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (4/6/2009 6:54:00 PM)

Sad that the female Shepard is being overlooked yet again.  Jennifer Hale's voice acting was the best I've ever heard in a video game and one of the best things about the game.  The male Shepard is fairly bland in comparison.

Mojo -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (4/6/2009 7:02:52 PM)

I really look forward to this although I haven't played the first one nearly as much as I'd have liked. Currently on my second play through, so hopefully get a lot more done before the sequel. Then it will be a matter of choosing which character to carry through.

That is an awesome trailer, really feels like an epic space opera. Wonder what other characters, aside from the Quarian and human you see in the trailer, join your party.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (4/6/2009 7:14:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

I really look forward to this although I haven't played the first one nearly as much as I'd have liked. Currently on my second play through, so hopefully get a lot more done before the sequel. Then it will be a matter of choosing which character to carry through.

That is an awesome trailer, really feels like an epic space opera. Wonder what other characters, aside from the Quarian and human you see in the trailer, join your party.

Indeed, that epic space opera vibe is what I enjoyed the most in the 1st game. It's also quite reassuring to read in the report that they seem to have ironed out the bugs and streamlined the experience this time round. To be honest the pop in and occasional slowdown in the first game didn't really bother me (well not on my 1st playthrough anyway) because I was so enthralled in the story. As long as I don't spend half the game in a frickin lift and there's a touch more variety in the side quests I'll be happy [:D]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (4/6/2009 8:53:15 PM)

Here are a bunch more vids.

SWEETNESS

Can. Not. Wait.

A release date would be nice now, last I heard they were aiming for a Q1 2010 release which theoretically could be as much as 10 months away [:(].

the anomaly -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (4/6/2009 9:25:43 PM)

Can you still carry your character over from the first game though? Looking forward to the game anyway but hope that feature is still there. Loved the last game so I will be getting this. 

Peter Griffin -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (4/6/2009 10:14:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

SWEETNESS

Can. Not. Wait.

A release date would be nice now, last I heard they were aiming for a Q1 2010 release which theoretically could be as much as 10 months away [:(].

Thanks for the link Mr.Tuttle, i am so nailing blue alien chick again [:D]
Just borrowed this for another run through on me new telly...and to nail blue alien chick.

Skiba -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (5/6/2009 11:16:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

SWEETNESS

Can. Not. Wait.

Thanks for the link Mr.Tuttle, i am so nailing blue alien chick again [:D]
Just borrowed this for another run through on me new telly...and to nail blue alien chick.

I loved the first one and I'm not an RPG fan at all but it's so much more than an RPG...I'm on my 2nd playthrough and I've yet to nail the blue chick!  How the bloody hell do you do it?

Mojo -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (5/6/2009 11:24:52 AM)

I nailed the blue chick in my first run through and now I'm playing through with a female character I think I'm gonna nail her again. You just talk to her a lot whilst on the Normandy, and at some point you make a choice between nailing her or Ashley (or Kaiden if you're a female).

the anomaly -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (5/6/2009 11:29:05 AM)

Just make sure after every main mission or least or even every mission that you talk to your crew. There are a lot of interesting coversations you can have with all of your main crew.

I had them both on the run for some time. [:D] Until they both confronted me and Ashley? Made me choose. There were a lot of things to take into consideration ... but I went for the Alien chick too. 

Skiba -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (5/6/2009 11:51:08 AM)

Right that's it...she's getting it!

BigKovacs -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (5/6/2009 11:56:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Can you still carry your character over from the first game though? Looking forward to the game anyway but hope that feature is still there. Loved the last game so I will be getting this. 

I don't know, I hope that you can. I did hear that the game reads your saved progress so that whatever characters died in your last play through don't appear in the sequal, a nice touch (just make sure you kept multiple saves!!!)

the anomaly -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (5/6/2009 3:01:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

I don't know, I hope that you can. I did hear that the game reads your saved progress so that whatever characters died in your last play through don't appear in the sequal, a nice touch (just make sure you kept multiple saves!!!)

If they do manage to do that it would be brilliant. I'd probaly go back to the first one just to mix thing's up. It sounds like a complicated idea. But if they pull it off it would be great.

Has anyone heard anything regarding any more DLC for the first game? After this game being announced I remember them also saying there will be one or two DLC for the first one. But I have heard nothing since.

I watched one video. For me it's all I need to see.  I may just keep my head in the sand for this now. [:D]

KnightofZyryab -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (6/6/2009 10:36:20 AM)

Cannot wait for this, I've not even completed the original but it was one of the most absorbing games I have ever played.

the anomaly -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (6/6/2009 2:16:22 PM)

quote:

And now for some news that might upset the hardcore Mass Effect fans. Your level from your first Mass Effect game will not carry over into the second game, something done in the interest of maintaining a degree of balance. The decisions you made in the first game will have a major impact on the story for Mass Effect 2. The team is still figuring out what to do with your skills, but those might get reset as well since the option exists to switch classes at the start of Mass Effect 2.

From here; http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/991/991756p1.html

Some your choices from the last game will count for somthing. Your level won't and you will get to change classes at the start of the game if you want.

rich -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (6/6/2009 5:03:00 PM)

Brilliant game, great soundtrack, terrible inventory system. Still cant wait for another one though, especially after the KOTOR online news.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (31/7/2009 3:13:34 PM)

Box art released

[image]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/100/1009269/XBOXjpg_1248982148.jpg[/image]

Not sure if I like it to be honest. Looks a bit odd.

Then again it doesn't make any difference to the quality of the finished product.

talpacino -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (31/7/2009 3:23:28 PM)

Is the girl wearing a red strap on?

directorscut -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (31/7/2009 3:48:25 PM)

I wonder if the cover will be reversable - one side with Wrex and one without. 

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (31/7/2009 3:57:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Who says that's Wrex? It could be another Krogan.

Are you trying to say all Krogan's look the same you racist bastard [:D].

Spektre -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (31/7/2009 4:21:25 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Who says that's Wrex? It could be another Krogan.

Are you trying to say all Krogan's look the same you racist bastard [:D].

That is so not cool directorscut...I'm quite disappointed in you.

Mass Effect 2 will be good I am sure, but they had better improve combat because I got so fed up with my screen moving at 2 frame per second everytime I had more than 4 characters fighting!

BigKovacs -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (31/7/2009 5:02:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Is the girl wearing a red strap on?

hahaha, it looks like it if you squint. brilliant!!!

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (18/8/2009 6:50:30 PM)

New trailer and a bit more info HERE

I really cannot wait for this game. It's going to be a long 7 months or so [&:].

The new Krogan looks interesting.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (19/8/2009 11:49:49 AM)

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1634939&mpage=1&key=mass%2Ceffect&NID=0#1634939

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (19/8/2009 1:28:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1634939&mpage=1&key=mass%2Ceffect&NID=0#1634939

???

Why are you linking to the original Mass Effect thread?

Surely we're allowed to start a new thread for sequels

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (19/8/2009 1:51:27 PM)

quote:

quote:

???

My fault Harry, I asked for it as I couldn't find the original thread.

Once YFU posted it I deleted my post and pasted it into the old thread.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (19/8/2009 1:55:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

???

My fault Harry, I asked for it as I couldn't find the original thread.

Once YFU posted it I deleted my post and pasted it into the old thread.

Aha, that makes sense. I was wondering why the frick it said "in reply to Flatulent Bob" at the bottom of his post. [:D]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (16/10/2009 6:26:18 PM)

Release date set for 29th January in Europe [:)]

CLICK ME!!

I wasn't expecting it to be released till the back end of Q1 so this makes me very happy indeed [:D].

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (6/11/2009 5:11:33 PM)

Another trailer and more info HERE

Surely I can't be the only person on this forum that's excited about this game?

HIM -> RE: Mass Effect 2 aka the greatest RPG sequel ever (6/11/2009 5:48:08 PM)

I'm excited as the first was pure boss, but it's still three months away. That's a whole quarter of a year! I think everyone else is banging on about that new shooting game that's coming out on tuesday.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI