Gore Verbinski May Quit BioShock (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Gore Verbinski May Quit BioShock (2/6/2009 8:16:15 AM)

Post your comments on this article

livinlaj -> (2/6/2009 8:16:15 AM)

Chris Nolan!!!!!! or Bryan Adams... no meant Singer... u can see why I get confused at times.

livinlaj -> (2/6/2009 8:19:45 AM)

Oooh thot of perfect! Michel Gondry!!!

inkedbeatnik -> Sigh (2/6/2009 8:30:17 AM)

My concern is that, right now, Ratner's rubbing his hands in anticipation. Want to rent a hack? rent a ratner!

CORLEONE -> RE: (2/6/2009 8:30:47 AM)

Shame cos he's good with water and Bioshock has water. Other directors good with water? Peter Weir, Wolfgang Petersen, erm....

turkishheadstand -> think about it... (2/6/2009 9:13:38 AM)

Uwe Boll???

Noelg25 -> I know he already has a lot on his plate (2/6/2009 9:27:12 AM)

But what about Guillermo Del Toro (if I spelt his name right dammit)?

Of course there could be some hint of Bayhem in there too...now that would be interesting to see...

fuzzcaminski -> (2/6/2009 9:35:51 AM)

It's a tough one, really you'd like a director with experience of large budgets, and special effects, Gore was a pretty good choice, Timur Bekmambetov would be a pretty good choice, but he's pretty buy with Moby Dick I imagine right now. Either of the Scott's would make a decent job of it, Ridley being the one i would imagine to create a better slice of fried gold. Fincher i think could do a staggeringly good job on this, i've been hoping he'd move in to Sci-fi for so long now, and this has the kind of qualities i think he could really get his teeth in to.

britesparc -> (2/6/2009 10:09:55 AM)

If Verbinski does leave it'll be a shame, but I'd like to see someone like Alfonso Cuaron tackle it. Someone with a track record, who can handle the darkness and the cinematography.

samshepherd -> If only he didn't have so much already.... (2/6/2009 11:32:22 AM)

Guillermo Del Toro would be a brilliant shot for this!

yossarian -> (2/6/2009 11:34:20 AM)

I'm with britesparc on this one, Cuaron should get the gig. Or maybe David Lynch:-)

maxthom -> here's an idea (2/6/2009 11:34:37 AM)

John Carpenter? it's perfect for him i think

The Equalizer -> Paul W.S Anderson? (2/6/2009 11:49:02 AM)

He's pretty good at fucking up good ideas!

genlock -> Gilliam! Or Burton! (2/6/2009 12:14:01 PM)

You need someone with a very stylistic type of imagination, so go for Gilliam or Burton! Bekmambetov would also be a good choice, as fuzzcaminski says.

designedforlife -> Easy... (2/6/2009 12:20:22 PM)

Marc Caro and Jean-Pierre Jeunet? I have no doubt in my mind that the creators of Bioshock watched 'The City of Lost Children' and used the film as a creative reference point. The only other choice in my mind is Terry Gilliam who may find time around his development work on 'The Man Who Killed Don Quixote'.

fuzzcaminski -> How about... (2/6/2009 12:58:37 PM)

Luc Besson? If it's a strong visual that's required, he's a pretty good choice, and as long as he can turn the volume down on the palette he uses, maybe even perscribe to subtlety rather than bang for your buck, there could be some fantsically haunting images produced.

jermreen -> RE: How about... (2/6/2009 1:51:36 PM)

Yeah Uwe Boll would be ideal for this he has a good eye for this type of film(only joking).

John Carpenter hasnt done anything worthwhile in years so a big no to him.

Guillermo del Toro would be my first choice but it would seem that he just has too much on his plate at the moment.

Luc Besson? Not sure on that one to be honest,  I mean Leon and the Fifth Element were impressive but could he make this work?

Now Tim Burton sounds like a wise choice, Bioshock is set in a very violent, dark, frightening, art-deco style world and I think with the guidance of the games creators Burton would do a good job.

CORLEONE -> RE: How about... (2/6/2009 3:13:22 PM)

Gotta be Gilliam. Doubt he'd be arsed about it though, what with it being a video game 'n' all.

cluesy -> (2/6/2009 3:14:19 PM)

Tim Burton seems like a good idea. It'll probably end up going to someone like Francis Lawrence, though, who seems to get the amazing ideas for films brought to him so that he can make a half-arsed effort out of it. What about JJ Abrams?

Flanboy -> As long as they cast Adrien Brody (2/6/2009 5:27:10 PM)

as Jack, Then I'll be happy.

Flanboy -> As long as they cast Adrien Brody (2/6/2009 5:44:26 PM)

Flanboy -> As long as they cast Adrien Brody (2/6/2009 5:44:38 PM)

movie_manic_1983 -> Mike Newell? (2/6/2009 11:03:40 PM)

Prince Of Persia, Harry Potter 4, (upcoming project) Lone Ranger.... he has the blockbuster chops to be able to do this, and to do it pretty well. Not to mention the fact that he is also a remarkably nice chap and I would love to see him get the job!

Bizz90 -> woah (3/6/2009 7:32:12 AM)

i only just heard about this after months of thinking "hey, if somebody made an adaptation of BioShock i'd bet it'd be really good". To be frank I think we should keep our fingers crossed for Verbinski, it's right up his street, i mean the cinematography style is prefect for him. I don't think Del Toro would be such a good idea, Del Toro's an exhibitionist he's a little bit too flamboyant for something so cold and understatedly creepy. I guess Len Wiseman could pull it off, Danny Boyle too actually now that i think about it, it'd be a nice direction change back to sci-fi after Slumdog (we all loved it but it's starting to get on my nerves now). And yes if Boll gets his filthy hands on this i will actually kill him.

Calsterman -> The Who's Who for Bioshock (3/6/2009 8:56:16 AM)

Well Chris Nolan is my first choice, this man could make anything. Ridley Scott would create a great atmosphere for the film. But at the end of the day Gore Verbinski is a top choice and I don't see any available director that would be up to the task. Possibly Robert Rodriguez could be up to the task.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI