Sinatra (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Sinatra -> Sinatra (20/5/2009 10:30:53 AM)

Well, in my opinion Scorcese is the perfect Director to take on such a huge project.
It's difficult to cover the life of man who managed to cram so much in to his time on this planet.
With this in mind perhaps, it sounds like an original approach will be taken.

quote:

The film's co-producer Cathy Shulman said the film would not be "a cradle-to-the-grave traditional portrait of the consecutive events in a man's life".
"Instead, it's more of a collage and, in many ways, it will feel like an album itself.
"It's a collection of various moments and impressions in his life and together we hope they'll tell the full story and present full themes."

Early favourites for the title role include, Di Caprio, Johnny Depp, Chris Pine and Robert Downey Jr,,, there's even been bizarre talk of Jamie Foxx??

It's a huge task for whoever takes it on, and the lip-synching will be a real challenge. The Sinatra Family seem to be heavily involved, especially Tina so that bodes well for them using original recordings.

I for one can't bloody wait.!!!

Harley Quinn -> RE: Sinatra (20/5/2009 10:34:49 AM)

That sounds really really good. I think Downey Jnr would play him really well. Be intresting to see what they cover and what they leave out.

Timon -> RE: Sinatra (20/5/2009 10:51:52 AM)

I love the tabloid rumours of Jamie Foxx! They're so baseless and clearly made up...

In terms of casting, some good names mentioned and I expect Scorcese will end up going with DiCaprio, but how about James Marsden (X-Men, Hairspray)? Bit left field I know but he's a great singer and I reckon he's got the look or CAN get the look with some make up.

Sinatra -> RE: Sinatra (20/5/2009 11:02:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

but how about James Marsden (X-Men, Hairspray)? Bit left field I know but he's a great singer and I reckon he's got the look or CAN get the look with some make up.

My favourite choice so far, and he has a love of Sinatra and his music.
Great look too.

jonson -> RE: Sinatra (20/5/2009 2:13:21 PM)

I thought this was a film about you mate.  It'll be like the opening 10 minutes of Wolverine, from the Civil War to WWII
An amazing story without a doubt, hopefully dwelling more on his mafia links and his cameo in Cannonball Run. [:)]
The only problem I see is the singing.
He can't be imitated, I bet Chris Isaac and Harry Connick Jnr are in the running though (with a shout for Hugh Jackman - the man can sing but looks nothing like Sinatra unfortunately)

Sinatra -> RE: Sinatra (20/5/2009 2:18:47 PM)

hahahaha hiya mate, long time since we spoke.

It'll be Sinatra's singing voice, that's for sure... I think they'll try and capture his look and edgyness more than anything with the choice of actor

jonson -> RE: Sinatra (20/5/2009 2:23:33 PM)

Alright mate, hope all's well. [:)]

Yes, you're right. Despite being well known for his singing, his life away from that is too good to ignore.
A bit of poetic license will be required I'm sure, but I bet his family will have a keen eye on the script.

Timon -> RE: Sinatra (30/11/2011 1:52:56 PM)

It looks like it probably will be DiCaprio...

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/65800/Martin-Scorsese-Wants-Leonardo-DiCaprio-For-Sinatra-Biopic-Lead

Judge -> RE: Sinatra (7/12/2011 7:22:00 PM)

Suppose DiCaprio was always the frontrunner being a Scorsese film, sure he can do it justice.
Would have liked to see Hugh Jackman or Jake Gylenhaal get a shot at it though.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI