Grayskull (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Grayskull (18/5/2009 11:10:46 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Kazuya -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 11:44:30 AM)

Looking forward to this one, if it does indeed get underway. Is Joel Silver still producing? Is there a new script? Anyway, as I mentioned in The Expendables thread, a cameo for Dolph is a must[:D]

Timon -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 11:57:27 AM)

Why have Empire created another He-Man/Greyskull thread when they already have one? Craziness.

Anyway, there's was loads of casting speculation in it as well as this little gem; a script review

http://latinoreview.com/news/grayskull-masters-of-the-universe-script-review-4765

Twas very positive if a bit generic, still sounded rather fun though.

The old thread might yield answers/news/ideas - Empire's He-Man Thread.

Kazuya -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 12:04:45 PM)

Beats me, because of the title change for the film perhaps? Anyway I commented in the other thread as well.
You posted in the other thread that the guy who did Kung Fu Panda is doing the new MotU, is that still happening?

Timon -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 12:22:33 PM)

Yep, as far as I know he's still directing.

krudler -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 2:29:26 PM)

Could be amazing if they did it right, but who'd play He-Man? Lundgren should cameo as King Grayskull, you know it makes sense[:D] 

and get one of Empires own members to design the poster, taken from the filmmakers workshop thread, because its awesome:

[image]http://theextremist.co.uk/samples/MOTU-Mov-TeaserA.jpg[/image]

Timon -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 2:37:33 PM)

Back in the day, when John Woo was attached to direct, the name 'Jason Lewis' was bannied around. Apparantly he was in Sex in the City. Google imaging his name, I'll admit he has the 'look', but I imagine the studio will want a slightly bigger name/more compotent actor.

Kazuya -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 2:47:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Back in the day, when John Woo was attached to direct, the name 'Jason Lewis' was bannied around. Apparantly he was in Sex in the City. Google imaging his name, I'll admit he has the 'look', but I imagine the studio will want a slightly bigger name/more compotent actor.

Yeah, I suggested Lewis in the other thread as well, definitely has the look for the role. But he's 37 now, too old for the part I think, especially if it's an origin story of sorts. I'm not sure they're going to go for a big name, I could imagine someone fairly unknown being cast.

krudler -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 4:31:55 PM)

I hope they dont go down the route of casting someone ridiculously muscley as He-Man, big and ripped yeah but not musclebound, no John Cena types, how about Ryan Reynolds? built like a brick shithouse for Blade Trinity and has the name recognition to pull it off, or else go total unknown for He-Man and give the other characters like Skeletor, Man at Arms and the Sorceress to big name actors, or just get Frank Langella back to play Skeletor[:D]

Sphinx -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 4:41:16 PM)

Technological army - soldier??? So what's the new slogan

I have the authoriiiiiiiity?![:-]

Kazuya -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 4:46:45 PM)

Yeah no neanderthal looking dudes that's for sure. Reynolds is a good choice, he's cut and fairly tall as well, good actor too, he might not be interested considering the Deadpool film currently being planned, but what the hell, if Bale can handle two franchises, why shouldn't Reynolds?[:D] as for an unknown star, like I said, I can definitely see them going down that road, but it would be a good idea, as you mention, to have the villains be fairly big-name. And Langella could still do the Skeletor role, he's a pretty old dude now, but he's fantastic in the '87 flick, and with today's mocap/digital trickery, it shouldn't be a problem[:D] I can't see it happening though, but they need somebody good for that role

Timon -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 4:51:20 PM)

Isn't Ryan Reynolds a bit too much of a wise-ass for Prince Adam/He-Man? I can see someone like Channing Tatum being shortlisted.

Kazuya -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 4:57:58 PM)

No, I don't think so, granted, he is well-known for his smartass persona, but he has a fairly broad range (watch The Nines, Smokin' Aces) I don't think it would be a problem. It depends on the tone of the script as well, if Prince Adam is even included, or if they decide to just go with He-Man like the '87 flick. Personally I hope Prince Adam is nixed.

Sphinx -> RE: Grayskull (18/5/2009 6:27:41 PM)

Think of a blondie..........With all that bicep-obessing Matthew M perhaps or shane west[;)]

Big Red -> Soldier? Magic v Technology?? (27/5/2009 4:29:42 PM)

Why bother even calling Masters of the Universe if they are gonna go with this story line!! I'm still hoping that this plot outline is BS as they same sorta thing was banded aroudn when Justin Marks was scripting. All they need to do is take the plot from pilot movie of the 2002 animated series, gritty it up and there's your movie!! I'm ok with changes like in Transformers but this soldier angel is bunch of arse man!!!

acurrie -> Grayskull, Greyskul... (9/12/2009 3:25:02 AM)

...It's only a model

SSSHHH...

Satan -> (10/3/2010 3:35:49 PM)

GoNNA BE AWESUM.ALL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE IS AWESOME!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI