RE: Michael Fassbender (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs

somekindof_battery -> RE: Michael Fassbender (24/10/2009 10:32:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doncopey1

He is surely one of the top actors emerging out there and to be honest i've already seen more from him than Christian Bale. He is terrific in Hunger and Fish Tank and Waltz aside he is the best thing in Inglorious Basterds, he is fantastic during that bar scene.

This decades Daniel Day Lewis...?

Well he's made more films this decade than Daniel Day Lewis but that's just hyperbowl.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Michael Fassbender (26/10/2009 4:12:28 PM)

Fish Tank is coming soon to my local picture house and boy i can't wait for this one, Red Road was awesome!

Workshed -> RE: Michael Fassbender (29/10/2009 1:16:08 PM)

Michael Fenderbender first came to my attention in Inglourious Basterds. A fine, assured young actor with a good carrer ahead of him were my initial thoughts.

nclowe -> RE: Michael Fassbender (29/10/2009 1:55:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Workshed

Michael Fenderbender first came to my attention in Inglourious Basterds. A fine, assured young actor with a good carrer ahead of him were my initial thoughts.

First came to my attention for purely shallow reasons in 300 ;) Then saw him in The Devils Whore and paid more attention to his acting - really hope Empire does an interview with him soon as I've been really impressed with his work to date. Looking forwards to Centurian as hoping that will wipe out the Roman horror that was King Arthur....

demoncleaner -> RE: Michael Fassbender (29/10/2009 5:26:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ikeaboy

Fassbender as the next 007! Any takers?

He'd make a great Bond or Bond villain - i'd like to see him in a Robert Shaw type From Russia With Love type villain. Bond's equal.

He's also great in Inglourious Basterds, just a shame he wasn't in it more.

Last week Ladbrokes were apparently offering 50/1 odds on Fassbender becoming the new Bond by 2012.   Hysterical, premature speculation at its finest, but a nice prospect all the same.[:D]

simone66 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (31/10/2009 2:45:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ikeaboy

Fassbender as the next 007! Any takers?

He'd make a great Bond or Bond villain - i'd like to see him in a Robert Shaw type From Russia With Love type villain. Bond's equal.

He's also great in Inglourious Basterds, just a shame he wasn't in it more.

Last week Ladbrokes were apparently offering 50/1 odds on Fassbender becoming the new Bond by 2012.   Hysterical, premature speculation at its finest, but a nice prospect all the same.[:D]

I would love to see Michael Fassbender as James Bond one day. But I think he looks a bit too young. Maybe in 2016? In the meanwhile, I still enjoy Daniel Craig.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Michael Fassbender (16/11/2009 3:25:58 PM)

Another very good turn in Fish Tank which i saw the other night, nicely understated able to rein in the performance highlighting the important themes of the story and also making sure he doesn't oversadow his young lead, all the while carring great mistiqe and mence.

simone66 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (2/12/2009 10:09:33 PM)

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/monie/fassbenderdp30.jpg[/image]

David at DP/30  has a great interview with Michael Fassbender. It's about 20 minutes long! Have a warm cup of tea/coffee by your side. I love this guy! [:)]

http://www.dp30.com/blog/2009/11/30/michael-fassbender-fish-tank-inglourious-basterds/

simone66 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (13/5/2010 3:52:57 AM)

I interviewed Michael Fassbender for my blog on him on Tuesday. He's a fantastic man! I'll post the interview in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, here's a link to information about the interview.

Emyr Thy King -> RE: Michael Fassbender (13/5/2010 5:41:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: simone66
I love this guy! [:)]

Oh dear please would you compose yourself. *applies liberal dabbing through a napkin*

[;)]

Alistair81 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (14/5/2010 9:29:19 AM)

I met his dad on holiday in Barbados last year.  Nice chap.

jermreen -> RE: Michael Fassbender (20/5/2010 6:54:44 PM)

How would everyone feel if he was casted to play Judge Dredd in the upcoming movie?
Honestly I think he might be able to pull it off.

BOHEMIANBOB -> RE: Michael Fassbender (21/5/2010 2:18:52 PM)

Michael is a very good actor who is at a critical point in his career.
He needs another stand-out turn like Hunger to push him to the next level.
He's made several movies he's decent in to increase his portfolio's standing,but he isn't great in them.
Maybe an Oscar will come,certainly if he continues as he is,but even Adrian Brody has an Oscar,but not a career,so he needs to be careful.
Thin line between what snobs perceive as "sell-out" movies,and what lesser mortals perceive as "pseudo-crap" which nobody goes to see.

Nefruaten -> RE: Michael Fassbender (21/5/2010 7:15:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doncopey1

He is surely one of the top actors emerging out there and to be honest i've already seen more from him than Christian Bale. He is terrific in Hunger and Fish Tank and Waltz aside he is the best thing in Inglorious Basterds, he is fantastic during that bar scene.

This decades Daniel Day Lewis...?

I just knew someone would bring up Christian Bale's name!
Look, I like Fassbender, I do, but he's still knocking on the penthouse suite door. Christian already proved himself a number of times Machinist, Rescue Dawn, Harsh Times, American Psycho, Empire of the Sun, 3:10 to Yuma, Prestige). Fassbender's Hunger is Bale's Machinist. Neither of them got the praise the deserved and that's because Hollywood lightweight actors rule with the iron dollar. I would like to see both of them in the same film together against some of the Hollywood's lesser actors. They would kick Hollywood butt.

simone66 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (4/6/2010 12:14:20 PM)

Hey people! My Michael Fassbender interview is now available at http://fassinatingfassbender.blogspot.com/2010/06/exclusive-interview-with-michael.html

Thanks! [:)]

Sphinx -> RE: Michael Fassbender (23/6/2010 7:20:32 PM)

I just hope his Rochester is good enough, he's too young to play him but we'll see how he fares.....

The Doberman -> RE: Michael Fassbender (25/10/2010 1:14:49 PM)

He first came to my attention in this Sky show Hex, he played this demon dude Azazeal. It was alright, he was captivating.
Love him in Basterds

MovieAddict247 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (6/1/2011 9:13:16 PM)

I saw Hunger the other day - he was phenomenal. He's got a lot of good looking projects lined up, according to IMDb - A Dangerous Method, At Swim-Two-Birds, Shame and Birdsong.

I would love to see him work with someone like Paul Thomas Anderson.

jermreen -> RE: Michael Fassbender (19/1/2011 1:48:03 PM)

Yeah I have always loved his work and so proud he's from the same town as me [:)]  but X Men? He will definately pull off Magneto but I just want to see him stick with the grown up films for now. Him being cast as Magneto actually shows how fast his career has become.

Freeky_Feet -> RE: Michael Fassbender (9/2/2011 10:49:37 AM)

I've actually only seen him in Inglorious Basterds, which I thought he was very good in. Need to see a few more of his films. Oh and he's very hot!

st3veebee -> RE: Michael Fassbender (10/2/2011 3:27:58 PM)

Definitely has an immense amount of talent and a good screen presence ; the future is his for the taking., just hope he doesn't screw it up like other certain Irish actors.......

As for Bond; why the hell not?

nvh1982 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (15/5/2011 6:42:50 PM)

Have yet to get round to watching Hunger but defo need to. First film I saw him in was 300 but didnt really make an impact until IB which considering a quite short scene time he defo made an impact, cant wait to see him in X Men and yes he is a great choice for Bond

buffster28 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (26/9/2011 8:07:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Doberman

He first came to my attention in this Sky show Hex, he played this demon dude Azazeal. It was alright, he was captivating.
Love him in Basterds

yeah i loved him in that show only just realized recently that , that was him way back in the day. [:)]

he was ok in jane eyre - just saw it last night. except for dodgy sideburns but they were all the rage back than . LOL.

loved him in basterds but was expecting his role to be a bit bigger , shame it wasn't.

and he did a good job in xmen as magneto too.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Michael Fassbender (1/10/2011 12:58:59 PM)

I have heard very good things about him in Jane Eyne which I should be seeing soon.

Sutty -> RE: Michael Fassbender (9/10/2011 1:45:28 PM)

The next Bond? The guy can rock a polo neck like no-ones business!!

darth silas -> RE: Michael Fassbender (9/10/2011 3:43:30 PM)

Has a problem hiding his irish accent [;)]

Emyr Thy King -> RE: Michael Fassbender (10/10/2011 6:38:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Has a problem hiding his irish accent [;)]

"Let's find owt!"

I think he's a fantastic and a very versatile actor. Whatever he puts his hand to (is that the right expression?!) he gives it his all. I've seen him in "Centurion", "Fish Tank" and "Jonah Hex". I thought he was impressive in all three. Now I wasn't overly keen on "FT" and I didn't like "JH" (no surprise) but he was the best thing in that film by far. His manic Irish thug/assassin character was hilarious and had a certain murderous glee about him which he nailed. I think he looks very solid in "Jane Eyre" and I've seen him in the trailer for "Angel" alongside the lovely Romola Garai and he looks good in that film too. It's funny, I didn't purposely set out to watch him in any films, but I happened to watch things where he was in them. And it was a case of "ah, he's in this one too!" but he's definitely an actor that will only get better and he'll make bigger films.

buffster28 -> RE: Michael Fassbender (16/1/2012 5:18:28 PM)

recently saw him in blood creek with superman to be henry cavill. not a bad film too bad michael spent most of it hidden under tonz of make up though.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Michael Fassbender (16/1/2012 6:19:26 PM)

One of his finest performances to date was as Mr Rosschester in the recent Jane Eyre, who was just so steely, devilish and yet tragic also. It was a truly commending appearence, and a great film, one of the finests of 2011 in fact.

Will have to wait for Shame to show up at my picture House by the looks of it, but I have high hopes for that too!

Biggus -> RE: Michael Fassbender (18/1/2012 10:29:50 PM)

Watched Shame the other day. Simply incredible stuff. I'd be amazed if I see 3 better films this year and it's only mid-January. Fassbender is a fearless actor and I can't wait for A Dangerous Method.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI