THE PUNISHER (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

Tech_Noir -> THE PUNISHER (18/4/2009 6:46:17 PM)

[image]http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/comics101/images/2004/apr21/punisher80smovie.jpg[/image]

Awesome.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: THE PUNISHER (18/4/2009 6:57:21 PM)

Punisher: Warzone kicks its arse all over the place.

Still, goofy and fun flick.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: THE PUNISHER (18/4/2009 7:31:20 PM)

"Come on God, answer me. For Years I'm asking you why? Why are the Innocent dead and the Guilty alive? Where is Justice? Where is Punishment? Or have you already answered? have you already said to the World 'Here is Justice. Here is Punishment' Here.... In Me..."

[image]http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-12-09-punisher4.jpg[/image]

Great Film! Dolph IS The Punisher! I prefer it to the lame Thomas Jane version (haven't seen the WAR ZONE)   A special edition DVD wouldn't go amiss (I know there is some sort of 'workprint' available in Europe but apparently the transfer is of poor quality) The Soundtrack was finally released recently as a Limited Edition which has a great audio interview with composer Dennis Dreith and director Mark Goldblatt (Snake-Eyes, of course, snared a copy). I also have the Marvel Comics Adaptation.

[image]http://www.soundtrack.cz/images/990v.jpg[/image]

HughesRoss -> RE: THE PUNISHER (18/4/2009 7:34:36 PM)

Am I thee only one who liked good old Thomas Jane?????????????

To be fair I was suprised by WarZone...really old type action blaster....not as bad as some reviews made out

davie_rfc -> RE: THE PUNISHER (18/4/2009 8:05:53 PM)

I'm with you. Out of the three I prefer the Thomas Jane version which is really strange for me seeing as I'm a big Punisher fan and most of the others hated it with a passion [:D]

Snake-Eyes -> RE: THE PUNISHER (19/4/2009 10:49:15 AM)

Tanaka: "Who sent you?"

Castle: "Batman"

Tanaka: "Do you get the feeling I don't belive you?"

Castle: "D'you think I give a shit?"

Tech_Noir -> RE: THE PUNISHER (19/4/2009 12:39:46 PM)

Didn't know Mark Goldblatt directed this. The editor of a number of greats, The Terminator, Commando, T2, Starship Troopers, Armageddon.

darth silas -> RE: THE PUNISHER (19/4/2009 12:42:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

[image]http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/comics101/images/2004/apr21/punisher80smovie.jpg[/image]

Awesome.
Crap film.Thomas Jane version is slightly better but not much.Havnt seen Warzone yet.

kenada_woo -> RE: THE PUNISHER (19/4/2009 12:46:06 PM)

Always liked this flick ever since I saw it on video yeeeeears ago.

There's an absolute bad-arse stunt when Castle jumps through the windscreen of a moving bus that I always remember fondly.[:D]

Warzone is utter genius though.[8D]

Timon -> RE: THE PUNISHER (19/4/2009 1:21:18 PM)

Thought I haven't seen the Lungren version, I find it hard to believe it's better than the bat shit craziness that is War Zone.

[image]http://api.ning.com/files/ofCcuzUYzdZVftt-hPOlcVRXC8ZKDbQVD9pVr1fk7MV3enpU2O3eoGX*0OiH517DjfM3KUhLGNpfwV7iLWrTp1XA7yjfTf13/punisher24_large.jpg[/image]

Tech_Noir -> RE: THE PUNISHER (19/4/2009 1:26:44 PM)

The Punisher + 80s violence and grit + Dolph = brilliance

All that's missing is Walter Hill directing. [:D]

[image]http://www.punisher-art.com/movie/punisher_lobby_card_2.jpg[/image]

Snake-Eyes -> RE: THE PUNISHER (19/4/2009 3:15:15 PM)

I love that still of Lundgren - nice one Tech!

Timon -> RE: Punisher (30/6/2009 4:48:11 PM)

Why doesn't the DVD have a cover like this as opposed to the awful one with Castle against neon lights?

[image]http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Punisher_War_Zone/punisher_war_zone_movie_poster__3_.jpg[/image]

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Punisher (30/6/2009 8:49:45 PM)

Cause that is what Criterion will use when putting out their own edition of the movie in five years time.

Still shocked by the lack of love for it in the magazine. If you like Commando there is no reason not to be a fan of Warzone.

grucl -> RE: THE PUNISHER (1/7/2009 11:19:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

"Come on God, answer me. For Years I'm asking you why? Why are the Innocent dead and the Guilty alive? Where is Justice? Where is Punishment? Or have you already answered? have you already said to the World 'Here is Justice. Here is Punishment' Here.... In Me..." 

This is from Lundgren's Punisher? Cool. I only know it as the intro to Punishment by Biohazard!

Snake-Eyes -> RE: THE PUNISHER (1/7/2009 7:30:00 PM)

absolutely - he says it just after he f**ks up Dino Moretti and his boys and is sitting in his underground lair in the dark. I'm still waiting for a 'special edition' dvd release!

Naweed_1 -> RE: THE PUNISHER (2/7/2009 7:46:46 PM)

I didnt really like the 89 version mainly becuase it didnt have the skull t shirt[;)]

the 2004 tom jane version was pretty poor but i enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure seen it like 6 times

brought the punisher: war zone today on blu ray as blind buy looking fwd to it cant be as bad as previous two can it??

darth silas -> RE: THE PUNISHER (3/7/2009 5:47:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naweed_1

I didnt really like the 89 version mainly becuase it didnt have the skull t shirt[;)]

the 2004 tom jane version was pretty poor but i enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure seen it like 6 times

brought the punisher: war zone today on blu ray as blind buy looking fwd to it cant be as bad as previous two can it??
Rented Warzone last night and im sorry to say that its absolute rubbish.It looks like it takes place in Schumachers Gotham city and the villains are as camp as christmas.There isnt even that much action to be had.Castle kills a few thugs rather violently and thats about it.

Best Punisher by far was the Tom Jane version.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: THE PUNISHER (3/7/2009 6:02:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naweed_1

Rented Warzone last night and im sorry to say that its absolute rubbish.It looks like it takes place in Schumachers Gotham city and the villains are as camp as christmas.There isnt even that much action to be had.Castle kills a few thugs rather violently and thats about it.

Best Punisher by far was the Tom Jane version.

The Tom Jane version could have been good, but it didn't have any bite. Warzone ain't subtle, but its BIG in terms of characters. Some movies and comic series need that OTTness in order to make an impact. Jigsaw and Loony Bin Jim are over the top but no more than an 80s action movie. They were fun!

As I am sure you of all people will appreciate, not everything needs to be dark, mean and moody.

I will disagree with you about the violence - there are some GREAT kills in there - and plenty of gore.

darth silas -> RE: THE PUNISHER (3/7/2009 9:33:34 PM)

The Tom Jane Punisher is the most sympathetic because his film was an origin story and we witnessed the slaughter of his family firsthand.I found myself understanding him more and cheered him on as he wiped out Travolta and his cronies.I liked the relationship he had with Rebecca Romijns character and her two mates as well.

Warzone is basically a Schumacherised version of the comic.Indeed there are some good kills in there but the action isnt exciting and i didnt care very much for Stevensons Punisher.

I usually like Dolph,but he wasnt good as The Punisher.

juanvasquez -> RE: THE PUNISHER (8/7/2009 10:30:45 PM)

I picked up the Tom Jane version off ebay and watched it tonight. I'd seen it before but couldn't really remember it. I really enjoyed it. A great action film, though it does border on camp when that huge heavy turns up at Castle's apartment and then ensues a rather odd, yet graphically violent fight. As well as the rather odd scene with Harry(?) Heck. There's also some inventive fatalities too.

Unfortunately it feels as though it finishes just as it's got going. I could have watched it for another hour. I'm gonna pick up Warzone on payday, and probably get the Lundgren version from ebay. Even though it aint that good of a transfer.

somekindof_battery -> RE: THE PUNISHER (9/7/2009 7:42:03 PM)

I didn't think much of the Thomas Jane punished but i thought he was great as the character. I need to see the ultra-violent over the top War Zone, it looks too damn fun.

Timon -> RE: Punisher War Zone (12/7/2009 9:49:42 PM)

Oh it is! A future classic, unfairly derided by the critics and ignored by audiences. I reckon in 10 years time, this'll be up there with Commando for fun action violent Friday night films.

[image]http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/punisher-warzone-1.jpg[/image]

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Punisher War Zone (12/7/2009 9:54:41 PM)

I agree 100% Timon.

People are going to look back in a decade and wonder why this movie didn't get an audience. I also fully expect a regrading by Empire.

juanvasquez -> RE: Punisher War Zone (3/8/2009 10:04:59 PM)

Just watched Warzone. It's an absolute blast! I agree with the above comments, that it'll be hailed as a classic in years to come. It's great to see an excessively violent action film, comparable to the greats that Arnie graced us with back in the 80's.

And as much as I like Stevenson in Rome, I was unsure after enjoying Tom Janes version so much. Any doubts were put to rest after the first few seconds on screen [:D]

Snake-Eyes -> RE: Punisher War Zone (11/8/2009 6:41:59 PM)

Just to bring back the subject of the thread, from Snake-Eyes' collection, this here is the obligatory 'Comics Adaptation' of the 1989/Lundgren Movie -

[image]http://gmrmedia.com/dolph/dolph-in/comicbook.jpg[/image]

Gotta love that artwork!

Timon -> RE: Punisher War Zone (26/10/2009 10:43:46 AM)

War Zone is 4.98 on Amazon. Just got it! Didn't think the Blu-Ray was worth it...

krudler -> RE: Punisher War Zone (26/10/2009 11:13:29 AM)

I watched the Tom Jane on on tv the other night, its fun but its a bit DTV actioner in places, that being said its the most violent Marvel movie, and the apartment fight with the big Russian dude is awesome

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Punisher War Zone (26/10/2009 11:32:17 AM)

Punisher Warzone takes the award for most violent.

That or the first two Blade films...

hampstead bandit -> RE: Punisher War Zone (26/10/2009 5:28:20 PM)

liked the Tom Jane version much more than the original with Dolph

and War Zone was basically complete rubbish....

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI