Major League Baseball (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

MI Cruise -> Major League Baseball (14/4/2009 2:21:02 AM)

I dont know whether anyone else watches baseball, I frequently watch it even if my favourite team isnt playing, however because we're over here in England it's harder to watch all the games, channel 5 show random matches live however because of the time difference, the match starts a 1am and finishes at 5:00 now taping the match isnt fun at all and you just get bored watching a recording of a live match.
I started watching baseball last year and I decided before I got seriously into it I wanted to pick a team so I wouldnt just pick a team because of their position in the charts and I ended up picking the Yankees because New York is my best city in the world ironic because I've never actually been there in my life. Turned out that the New York Yankees were second in the league table being beaten by the Red Soxs, unfortunatly because no channel except for 5 were showing the matches and thats only every two weeks I only got to see 3 Yankee matches and I wasnt that interested in watching the others, but I did tune in and out after I'd taped them, it was only the Yankees matches I watched live.

Does anyone else watch baseball?

jediwarrior -> RE: Major League Baseball (14/4/2009 9:10:48 AM)

You could not have pick a worse team to support [:D]

If you do not support Yankees than you hate them, it just the way it goes. The yankees are the most successful team in Baseball but did struggle the past few years.

I used to watch Baseball but have kind of lost interest the past couple of years.
I support the Indians and Red Sox.

Also ESPN on Sky show alot of Live Baseball at all times in the evenings. You get alot of day games in American so over here the game starts about 5 or 6 in the evening.

If you can afford it, it well worth getting the channel.

SWOTBM -> RE: Major League Baseball (28/4/2012 8:51:26 PM)

This was the only thread I could find and judging by the lack of posts it makes my question kinda redundant: but does anyone watch MLB?

I recently switched to Virgin and the baseball coverage on ESPN America is quite addictive.  I don't really follow any  team in particular but I find it good filler TV.  Plus the commentary is usually quite funny; the game I was just watching the guy kept on talking about how he used to love shagging when he was playing- the other commentator just let him carry on  explaining for a few minutes and then asked him to explain to the viewers what he meant by the term. The awkward/embarrassing moment that followed was quite hilarious [:D]

boaby -> RE: Major League Baseball (28/4/2012 11:42:15 PM)

I used to.

Then the Red Sox went and won the bloody World Series. And I thought "well, it's not going to get better than this."

Interest has waned somewhat.

Partly down to my lack of ESPN, partly down to the disillusionment of drugs n' stuff (Manny... [:(] )

Can't very well start supporting the Cubs can I? Ye can't just go changing teams willy-nilly.

RJMacCready -> RE: Major League Baseball (29/4/2012 2:42:00 AM)

My favorite team is the Orioles. My favorite National League team is the Pirates. I must love to lose. My parents took me to a few Orioles games as a kid. My sister had Nationals season tickets a few years ago and I went to one of their games. Right now the Orioles aren't doing to bad. I have the game on in the background and they are crushing the A's.

superdan -> RE: Major League Baseball (29/4/2012 10:51:12 AM)

I haven't watched a game for years, and there is an argument to be made that is a stultifyingly dull sport. Still, you have to pick a team and way back when I plumped for the Cubs based purely on Monty Brewster [:D]

benmharper -> RE: Major League Baseball (29/4/2012 2:57:10 PM)

I've watched a few games this year, ESPN is pretty good for it and has become my background channel of choice. I follow the Redsox simply because I saw a game at Fenway a couple of years ago (best hotdog I've ever had)

talpacino -> RE: Major League Baseball (14/10/2012 2:02:07 PM)

Went to see the Dodgers against the Cardinals(my brother is a big Cards fan) in Dodger stadium last month. I've never properly watched a game before and while I enjoyed the experience, it's a woeful boring game to watch. Ok I've only watched one game in full but after a while it just got very boring. They had only scored 2 runs each after 3 and a half hours. We left after 10 innings and apparently it went to 12 or 13. Anyway yeah, baseball, not for me. I enjoyed the hotdogs and beer though. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI