ROCKY IV (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

Snake-Eyes -> ROCKY IV (7/4/2009 8:05:49 PM)

[image]http://www.empireonline.com/images/features/pro-american-moments-in-movie-history/rocky-iv.jpg[/image]

1985! Straight after the success of RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II, Stallone ruled the box-office with my favourite ROCKY film.  Dolph Lundgren as Ivan Drago was a Russian Boxer/Terminator! The 'Training Montage' in the Snow with the Vince DiCola score is awesome and HEARTS ON FIRE - Rocky running up the mountain STILL brings a tear to my eye... Beautiful.

Olaf -> RE: ROCKY IV (7/4/2009 9:00:13 PM)

I love it, it's definitely my favourite Rocky movie (despite the iffy jingoistic sentiment), along with the first and third ones. Lundgren is a legend in this movie.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: ROCKY IV (7/4/2009 9:21:06 PM)

"If he dies, he dies"

Watching the filmm recently I was amazed at how much of it really is just a series of Rocky music videos melded together.

But I could never not love this film - James Brown getting his funk on is still pretty sweet let me tell you.

Biggus -> RE: ROCKY IV (7/4/2009 9:37:07 PM)

Wasn't it 1984?

Snake-Eyes -> RE: ROCKY IV (7/4/2009 11:47:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

Wasn't it 1984?

No Sir, it was DEFINITELY 1985. I know my Stallone Filmography fer sure.

Kazuya -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 9:38:48 AM)

Ah yes, the Cold War in the form of a boxing match, the Italian David vs. the Swedish Goliath, Rocky IV is so unbelievably stupid I actually think it decreases your I.Q as you're watching it. But Stallone's blueprint that made the three films before this box office hits, still works, the montages are still great, however insanely superficial, the boxing matches, however unrealistic, are still exciting, Stallone's immense likeability is undeniable, Rocky is still a guy you root for.

[image]http://media.canada.com/gallery/dose_80saction/012408_dolph.jpg[/image]

"I must break you."

norters the red -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 10:18:11 AM)

What a film!!

Hi people, this is my first post here please be nice [8|]

Kazuya -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 10:19:36 AM)

Hello! Welcome to the forum[:D]

norters the red -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 10:26:44 AM)

Thanks! Now all I got to do is work out how to do my sig and avatar and stuff! Back on topic, how bad is that blonde bird's accent [:'(]

HughesRoss -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 10:47:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: norters the red

Thanks! Now all I got to do is work out how to do my sig and avatar and stuff! Back on topic, how bad is that blonde bird's accent [:'(]

Really bad!!

Welcome to hell mate as long as you love LOTR and Titanic you will not upset anyone...Trust me!!!!

Snake-Eyes -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 12:10:25 PM)

quote:

What a film!!

Hi people, this is my first post here please be nice [8|]

Yo! a newbie in a thread I started... I actually feel important! sad eh? hee hee! yeah man, Brigitte Nielsen had a strange accent in this but just for a few precious years, she was hot!

dhowdy -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 12:13:43 PM)

saw this in cinema and countless times on video when 11.

[image]http://www.sylvesterstallone.com/images/workout/chapter1/rocky4training.jpg[/image]

goldleader -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 12:55:39 PM)

Love this film, not the best Rocky film that goes to RockyI but this stands out with RockyIII as the silly but very watchable parts of the series.  You leave ur brain at the door and get into the great 80s soundtrack, which i have on cd and just love the to listen to when in the gym, nothing better to get you into the zone.

dhowdy -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 12:58:05 PM)

funnily enough i was listening to the soundtrack before i went for my jog this morning. always gets me in the mood...

Kazuya -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 1:04:10 PM)

"You will lose."

norters the red -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 1:38:08 PM)

Cheers for all the welcomes guys! I was looking for an intro thread but couldn't find one! The training montage in this film cracks me up but in the best possible way :)

elab49 -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 4:47:37 PM)

quote:

Cheers for all the welcomes guys! I was looking for an intro thread but couldn't find one! The training montage in this film cracks me up but in the best possible way :)

http://www.empireonline.com/Forum/tm.asp?m=303570

Seems kind of quiet lately. [:)]

Tech_Noir -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 5:04:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

Welcome to hell mate as long as you love Titanic you will not upset anyone...Trust me!!!!

Yup.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 7:21:00 PM)

From Snake-Eyes' HUGE Collection...

[image]https://secure.internet-host.net/rb/images/rocky4rockyfight.jpg[/image]

dhowdy -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 7:27:31 PM)

you're kidding me? There are Rocky dolls? if i knew that at 11 i would got them rather than He-Man.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 7:32:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dhowdy

you're kidding me? There are Rocky dolls? if i knew that at 11 i would got them rather than He-Man.

ha ha! yeah, dhowdy - there WERE some ROCKY figures in the 80's but they were not very good - there is a WHOLE NEW series that was released in 2006 when ROCKY BALBOA came out, the series covers characters from all six films! you can still pick 'em up pretty decent prices online.... NOTE TO SELF: I must get an 'Ivan Drago' figure!

dhowdy -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 7:35:48 PM)

cool. i'm gonna see if i can get a Clubber Lang!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=box2.gif]

Snake-Eyes -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 7:46:18 PM)

quote:

"Hey Suckah! Balboa, you Bum! You Finished! You Through! You washed-up! I'M THE BADDEST IN THE WORLD!!!"

[image]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519w%2BwEu8CL._SL500_AA280_.jpg[/image]

dhowdy -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 8:58:45 PM)

[sm=18.gif]

Olaf -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 9:17:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

"Hey Suckah! Balboa, you Bum! You Finished! You Through! You washed-up! I'M THE BADDEST IN THE WORLD!!!"

[image]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519w%2BwEu8CL._SL500_AA280_.jpg[/image]

Post of the day!

Rhubarb -> RE: ROCKY IV (8/4/2009 10:08:01 PM)

I loved Rocky IV as a kid. Now I can ignore the cartoon jigonism and its still good fun.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: ROCKY IV (9/4/2009 6:17:56 AM)

Absolutely, Rhubarb. The film is Pure 80's Cheese, however, it is for me a Great 'Feelgood Film' that I can watch over and over.

Tech_Noir -> RE: ROCKY IV (9/4/2009 8:37:02 AM)

Rocky IV isn't as jingoistic as people think.

Look at the whole James Brown sequence and Apollo's arrogance. It's showing that such over the top nationalism lead to doom. Also, in the end, Rocky is preaching peace not 'America is better than you'.

As for the robot... Erm.

Workshed -> RE: ROCKY IV (9/4/2009 9:15:16 AM)

[image]http://www.mutantreviewers.com/r4rocky4.jpg[/image]

[:D]

dhowdy -> RE: ROCKY IV (9/4/2009 12:15:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Rocky IV isn't as jingoistic as people think.

Look at the whole James Brown sequence and Apollo's arrogance. It's showing that such over the top nationalism lead to doom. Also, in the end, Rocky is preaching peace not 'America is better than you'.

As for the robot... Erm.

finally...someone sees sense. it was the Apollo fight with Drago that was being jingoistic and 'America' is best. that's why Drago gave him such a hiding. I totally agree with Tech. A tad patronising but not jingoistic. well not much...not as much as people say. look, i enjoyed it, okay? so there. [sm=happy34.gif]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI