RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Brobe -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (10/5/2010 10:52:11 PM)

Teaser Trailer - HERE

jinks -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (13/5/2010 9:13:45 AM)

After getting the yellow loght of death on my PS3 last friday, i was halfway through the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC story - dunno now if i can be bothered starting again (especially the tombs)....[&o]

DJ Satan -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (13/5/2010 11:29:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

After getting the yellow loght of death on my PS3 last friday, i was halfway through the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC story - dunno now if i can be bothered starting again (especially the tombs)....[&o]

Why would you start again? Can't you just swap your drive over?

jinks -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (13/5/2010 1:09:21 PM)

Nah, unfortunately not. Had to take my 60Gb PS3 back to the store to swap over for a 120Gb one asit was under warranty, all my saves were on the 60Gb (which had the YLOD) and i couldnt transfer them over - i can still get my DLC for the game, thats no problem; its just mustering the enthusiasm to redo it all and put in the weeks of play to get back to where i'd left off.

Pratt82 -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (17/5/2010 6:01:56 AM)

Just re-rented this so I can finish off the last 3 or 4 achievements I have left on it.

I'm guessing I will have to do some of the story mode to unlock the later cities so I can collect all the feathers and wear the Cape (not sure what it's called) in all the cities?

Boo Hoo! Was hoping I could just jump in, jump around, and get them all. Oh well, this will keep me busy I suppose.[:)]

fuzzy -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (8/6/2010 12:05:10 PM)

Eventually got around to playing and finishing this recently. Thought the ending was disappointing and very WTF. At least with the first you felt that you had a certain build-up and interesting finish to the proceedings.

That said I did enjoy it up to that point, more vast and complex than the first (even though it lacked that 'novelty' factor).

fuzzy -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (15/6/2010 2:22:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brobe

Teaser Trailer - HERE

Assassins Creed 2.5 in a way. Looking foward to the co-op feature.

SWOTBM -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (10/7/2010 5:27:46 PM)

Could someone please tell me (yes or no) if you can carry on free-roaming after you complete the main story.  Havent  completed it yet (on about chapter 8) but I just want to know in case I should get all the other trophies before complete the main quests. 

the anomaly -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (10/7/2010 6:36:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brobe

Teaser Trailer - HERE

Assassins Creed 2.5 in a way. Looking foward to the co-op feature.

Should be interesting ... hopefully. A rental for me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Could someone please tell me (yes or no) if you can carry on free-roaming after you complete the main story.  Havent  completed it yet (on about chapter 8) but I just want to know in case I should get all the other trophies before complete the main quests. 

Yep you can carry on roaming.

SWOTBM -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (11/7/2010 4:24:35 PM)

Completed Assassin's Creed 2 today.  As my first AC game it was an interesting experience.  I liked the story but the ending was a bit silly (on a par with GOW3 ending).  Controls were a bit fiddly and I thought they could be tightened up a bit, I still dont really get the fighting controls....The difficulty was a bit non-existent, you could just mash buttons and kill anyone you encounter (this combined with the crap controls is pretty much what I did [:D]).  I liked the climbing and aspects but again the controls seemed a bit hit and miss (thought it was a bad idea to have the drop button as the same button to grab onto ledges [8|]).  Loved the voice acting, found myself walking around the house saying everything in a really bad Italian accent [:)]   Actually the setting and detail that went into the locations/bacstory is also a plus, much appreciated.  Gameplay over the credits was a nice touch too, good way of getting people to actually watch them. 

Overall I would give it a 6.5/10

losthighway -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (16/7/2010 9:58:46 AM)

AC2 is currently going for 9.98 (pre-owned) at Game. I've been eyeing it up but yet to buy.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (18/7/2010 1:50:03 PM)

Get it - it's vastly superior to AC which was a tedious bore-fest. I was in two minds to get it because of the crapness of the first but they've sorted all the problems out and it's a great game. 

JessFranco -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (18/7/2010 1:57:51 PM)

I've been playing it a lot recently. It's a great game. It has its negative points - it's probably too easy and there's too much repetition  - but the gameplay is excellent and the  recreation of Florence and Venice is frequently breathtaking.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (18/7/2010 2:55:50 PM)

I wish the quality of the gameplay was the same in AC1. The setting in that was also amazing, getting to wander round Jerusalem during the crusades, you actually felt you were looking at history. Pretty amazing to get that feeling out of a computer game, it's just a shame it was so crap to play. 

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (19/7/2010 2:22:25 PM)

One thing I will say is the money making aspect of AC2 is pretty flawed, it's just way too easy. You do up the Villa and start buying artworks and it starts rolling in. You can even just leave the  game on for an hour and go away and when you come on you've got another 15k in the bank. 

BigKovacs -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (22/7/2010 12:21:34 PM)

I've nearly finished it and it's a great game, a steal for a re
tenner. The combat is a bit sketchy bit the assassinations are great but yeah, why map grab to drop whilst climbing I have no idea.

The voice acting on the main characters is great but there's one guy that does nearly all the bit parts, weird.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (22/7/2010 5:40:20 PM)

It's getting a bit samey at the moment though, there doesn't seem a great deal of variety in the game play. The combat is pretty crap, or maybe I'm just crap at it because sometimes you pull off a counter kill perfectly and others it just doesn't seem to happen and you spend ages hammering away at someone. The straight up fighting doesn't feel particularly exciting at all even when you're surrounded. 

BigKovacs -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (23/7/2010 12:18:25 PM)

Yeah I found it really rewarding and then mind boggilongly dumb, not sure what happened there. I finished it last night and I really liked the ending, it was obvious if you could be bothered to read all the codex or open up the truth video. I felt a bit sorry for Ezio in the end, poor chap, but yeah, great game all round, I really liked it despite a few niggles.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (23/7/2010 3:02:49 PM)

Kovacs you bastard! You've spoilered Ezio [:@]

I've decided to crack on with the main mission, I spent a load of time hunting treasures to start building up my villa and got sidetracked a bit. There's no point looking for treasure anymore because now I'm pulling in 20k every 20 minutes so I can leave that whole part behind.

Gotta say as JessFranco said the game looks stunning at times, they put so much effort into making a great looking environment.

BigKovacs -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (23/7/2010 5:44:25 PM)

Fucking iPhone!!!!!! I swore I wrote a spoiler line above it. Look over my old posts and I'm very anal about it, I always make sure. Fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!

Well for what it's worth, it may not be what you think it is.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (28/7/2010 12:34:16 PM)

Don't worry about it! The characters/ story are pretty lame so it's doesn't make that much difference to me.

One of my fav things in AC2 is navigating the Assassin's Tombs to get to the seals - it's a really satisfying part of the game for me for some reason.

BigKovacs -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (28/7/2010 12:56:58 PM)

Yeah they're a lot of fun, old skool platforming in 3D. It's always very satisfying if designed well which AC2 is.

jcthefirst -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (28/7/2010 1:13:10 PM)

I remember I was stuck on one of the tombs for ages. Like probably about an hour, until I got bored and turned it off. The next day I tried again, and found the ledge I had to use.

I swear it wasn't there before.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (28/7/2010 1:21:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

Yeah they're a lot of fun, old skool platforming in 3D. It's always very satisfying if designed well which AC2 is.

Yeah those sections are bloody well designed I have to say - I've got one more Assassin's tomb in Venice to go and then it's Altair Armour time

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (28/7/2010 1:33:23 PM)

Just a heads up for all your PS3 owning Assassin's Creed fans to consider having a look at the Free Code thread tomorrow.

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2793934

Chief -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (30/7/2010 1:16:02 PM)

Thanks to SHP's code giveaway I'll be playing the beta for the Brotherhood MP.
Not your standard deathmatch but each person (up to 8 I believe) is given one other player to target & assassinate.

A cat & mouse game where you'll have to sneak up on your target while watching your back for whoever is hunting you.
I reckon nervous energy will be running high.

Scott_ -> RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (31/7/2010 5:23:13 PM)

I wish I had a PS3...The Brotherhood multiplayer looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gktMzn_oAYw&feature=channel

I hope theres a free roam mode, running across rooftops assassinating your friends would be awesome.

the anomaly -> RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2/8/2010 7:37:24 AM)

The Brotherhood is looking good. Just watched the video on XBL dashboard. Well yesterday. I love the sound of the multiplayer. With multiple contracts out each player, and points for the skill of the assassination. 

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2/8/2010 9:40:12 AM)

**** Plot spoilers ****

What the fuck was that ending all about - one minute you think it's about training up modern day peeps to be assassins via the memories of people in the past, the next thing it's a load of supernatural/ fantastical/ alien stuff going down! I enjoyed the direction it took but it did seem a bit out of place.

**** End of spoilers ****

AC2 is a major improvement on the first one but there's something unmistakeably dry and soulless about this franchise. I never give a toss about the characters, the plot was largely uninteresting and by the end just plain weird.

The gameplay was pretty good at times (although still repetitive) but I can't get over the crapness of the fighting, to pull off a counter seems a bit random, and it's never exciting to get to into a fight just a chore. I think the fight mechanics need a major overhaul. It doesn't feel fluid just sluggish and after playing something like Bayonetta ,AC2 really did seem like something out of the dark ages in this respect.

The free-running/ climbing is superb and the way the game looks is stunning, the Assassin's Tombs were a great challenge and the most fun part of the game for me, with the glyphs being an entertainingly strange addition as well.

Overall I think it's gets 7/10 for me, it's lacks sparkle but you have to hand it to the creators for trying to give people a cerebral experience and not dumbing things down at all. The artworks, the historical characters, the puzzles, it's clearly something aimed at the intelligent gamer and you have to applaud Ubisoft for that. I just wish they'd make it a bit more fun...

the anomaly -> RE: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2/8/2010 8:34:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker
The gameplay was pretty good at times (although still repetitive) but I can't get over the crapness of the fighting, to pull off a counter seems a bit random, and it's never exciting to get to into a fight just a chore. I think the fight mechanics need a major overhaul. It doesn't feel fluid just sluggish and after playing something like Bayonetta ,AC2 really did seem like something out of the dark ages in this respect.

To be fair this is never going to be Bayonetta ... infact nothing is. [:D] I'll add that all I ever did in AC/2 is counter. You pretty much wait for an attack and rip them apart with a counter. It shouldn't be random at all. I agree combat need's to be improved still ... but the counter system works just fine. It's like a mouse poking a lion ... the lion wouldn't normally bother .... but one poke and BAM! Squished Jerry.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI