RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

the anomaly -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (6/1/2010 12:19:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey
If you'd've gone back to Gamestation with that info, they'd give you 29 for it.  Just saying...

I didn't think shops were bothered about beating trade in prices anymore. Gamestation was right next door! It's ok anyway as I traded in for MW2 and it was cheaper in CEX.

Fair enough with that mate.  I'm such a cheap bastard, I'll try and rinse every penny I can out of them!  [:D]

Haha I'll remember it for the future though for sure. Cheers.

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (6/1/2010 12:42:13 PM)

It's worth it.  I've got one of the trade in cards for GS, so I tend to stick everything on there.  Managed to score 45 for an old DS (that doesn't work properly [:D]), based on a price match.  They quoted 25.  That's Bioshock 2 paid for...[;)]

So, er, back on topic.  Assassins Creed 2, eh?  Marvellous.

Chief -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (6/1/2010 1:58:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Completed this the other day (apart from feathers, statues & glyphs) and I thought it was a great game. A lot bigger than I thought it'd be.

I have noticed that I'm missing one weapon from my collection though. Looks like it's a mace of some sort. I've tried a shop in each district and it appears that I've bought them all. I did have a thought that it might be the one the Pope was swinging about but I've kicked his bead rattling ass and it still hasn't appeared.

Any ideas? Or do I have to search every shop?

If you collect 50 feathers a new weapon becomes available. It must be that.

50 feathers? I've collected 12 by accident and can't really be bothered to collect the rest. Ah well, looks like it'll remain empty forever!

juanvasquez -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (6/1/2010 5:56:44 PM)

Really enjoying this at the moment. I've just dispatched the 4 people you need to kill to find out where some guy is who's name escapes me, and found the second of the assassins tombs. I'm mainly looking out for pick-ups, viewpoints and glyphs, and doing the missions as a filler between letting the villa chest fill up, to tart up the village.

All in all, good fun.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (6/1/2010 7:15:32 PM)

Still loving it. Just completed the flying mission and am glad i had the pre-warning about making sure i get the flying kick achievement. The actual flying to the palazzo was really easy though. This game is pretty forgiving (which suits me fine cos i'm crap at games). Venice is really opening up now and i have to say i actually think its too big! If you start at one side and you need to get to the other, it's really time consuming and annoying.

juanvasquez -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (19/1/2010 10:27:27 PM)

I think I'm quite close to finishing this. I've just finished DNA sequence 11 and am currently getting the last view points. I think I'm just gonna plough through this now and get some of the other achievements at a later date. However, if I finish the game, can I go back and get all the feathers, weapons etc?

Proudfoot -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (19/1/2010 11:30:05 PM)

quote:

If you collect 50 feathers a new weapon becomes available. It must be that.

That is it.

It's not worth it.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (20/1/2010 7:39:34 AM)

finished it on the weekend. Very lame ending though. Overall the game was excellent and a vast improvement over the originbal. Such a rich game world. Will go back to nab a few more achievements probably but think i'll lend this out first.

Bumfluff -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (20/1/2010 5:05:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez
if I finish the game, can I go back and get all the feathers, weapons etc?

Yep

sharkboy -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (26/1/2010 11:13:39 AM)

Right, I've just the last 2 DNA sequences, 2 more seals, the Thief Run and the No Hitter achievements to get for my 1000gp, but the last one is giving me no end of trouble.  I've loaded up with smoke bombs, aggroed over a dozen guards round the restricted area at San Marco in Venice, but for some reason after I dispatch about 8 and turn to kill the last 2 for the points, they've all buggered off!  Any hints as to how to stop the cowardly dogs from fleeing before I stab them through the neck?

And how frustrating is that last seal with the weird wall jumps?  The number of times I've jumped backwards into the water instead of onto the last bar...[:@]  Cool giant octopus though...[:D]

pedros -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (26/1/2010 12:41:52 PM)

Just keep using your smoke bombs - when it's wearing off use another one, this should keep them there long enough to kill them. Also use your 2 daggers so you take out 2 at a time. That achivement was a pain but I had more difficulty with the long pole sweep one.

the anomaly -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (26/1/2010 12:57:54 PM)

Just a heads up to new players. It's probaly best to try for that achievement at the start of the game before you get loads of moves. Later on there will be more guards but once you start ripping them to threads the weaker ones gradually run away ...

gingerdaniel -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (26/1/2010 2:19:18 PM)

i did that by accident. i'm missing two achievements, one is the feathers, which looks like a headache. One of my chums has 99 and is stressing over finding the last one!

pedros -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (26/1/2010 5:12:39 PM)

If you go into the DNA strand on the pause menu then it tells you how many feathers are left in each area which can be quite handy trying to ascertain which ones you have missed. I have to admit I used an online guide for that bit, I fucking hate collecting shit like that.

sharkboy -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (27/1/2010 10:02:07 AM)

Well, once again I loaded up on smoke bombs, went to San Marco and proceeded to dispatch the guards.  After the smoke had cleared, I counted 10 bodies lying on the ground, but still no achievement!  What gives? [:@]

Anyway, got the last 2 seals last night, now its on with the story to get those last DNA achievements!

Oh yeah, and online guides are definitely the way to get those last couple of feathers - I don't think i'd have bothered with that one otherwise.

talpacino -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (4/2/2010 12:29:16 PM)

Played this for about 12 hours yesterday ([&:] ) and cleared it and got the 1000G. I've probably only put in about 8 hours before yesterday so getting the full 1000 in 20 hours, I think it's pretty easy.

Anyway the game, yeah I really enjoyed, far better than the first but I can't really put my finger on why. It's definitely nowhere near as repetitive. Good characters, interesting story though a little muddled and some nice new gameplay that mixed it up a bit. Intriguing ending and I do look forward to another one. Bit peeved that I didn't really get the good weapons or armour until near the end so didn't really get a chance to use them too much, I might just have to get the DLC.

Anyone got the DLC? Worth it?

Bumfluff -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (4/2/2010 5:53:20 PM)

In a word, no.

Very short, very easy (assuming you've got the stats from the main game) & is basically just an extra few scenes that could (&should) have been in the game in the first place.

talpacino -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (4/2/2010 10:38:41 PM)

Hmmm, I've read a lot of similar comments elsewhere, I might just give it a miss, seems fairly miserable even though it's fairly cheap. Strange that they didn't include extra achievements in it too.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (12/2/2010 3:36:17 PM)

Just started playing this and to be honest it's going to have to pick up very quickly or I'm giving up on it. Seems just like the first so far. Walk around, get spotted, run away and hide, walk around, get spotted, run away and hide ad infinitum, which less than an hour in has gotten extremely tedious already.

talpacino -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (12/2/2010 3:43:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Just started playing this and to be honest it's going to have to pick up very quickly or I'm giving up on it. Seems just like the first so far. Walk around, get spotted, run away and hide, walk around, get spotted, run away and hide ad infinitum, which less than an hour in has gotten extremely tedious already.

It isn't really a whole lot different from the first which I've gathered you dislike quite a bit. To be honest I can't see anyone who was not a fan of the first liking this game really, so yeah you'll probably be giving up on it rather soon. [:D]

Peter Griffin -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (12/2/2010 3:43:32 PM)

quote:

So i'll be expecting it back pretty soon then [:D]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (12/2/2010 4:02:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

It isn't really a whole lot different from the first which I've gathered you dislike quite a bit. To be honest I can't see anyone who was not a fan of the first liking this game really, so yeah you'll probably be giving up on it rather soon. [:D]

The main thing I disliked about the first game was the crushing repetivity. A complaint which had been noted and worked on by Ubisoft apparently. Now I've not gotten to the meat of the game yet, I'm still in the prologue and not even an assassin yet but the little niggly things I also disliked in the first game, like not being able to walk around in peace, are pissing me off already.

I'll give it another couple of hours and see where I'm at by then.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

We'll see [:D]

tftrman -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (12/2/2010 4:11:08 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

The main thing I disliked about the first game was the crushing repetivity. A complaint which had been noted and worked on by Ubisoft apparently. Now I've not gotten to the meat of the game yet, I'm still in the prologue and not even an assassin yet but the little niggly things I also disliked in the first game, like not being able to walk around in peace, are pissing me off already.

quote:

You that annoyed you're creating words to replace repetition? I hated the first one, gave up after a few days and whilst it's almost impossible to go undetected when you kill someone, the combat it much much better making it more enjoyable. Wait until you're shown some new moves and then see. The story is more interesting this time too.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (12/2/2010 4:18:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tftrman

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You that annoyed you're creating words to replace repetition? I hated the first one, gave up after a few days and whilst it's almost impossible to go undetected when you kill someone, the combat it much much better making it more enjoyable. Wait until you're shown some new moves and then see. The story is more interesting this time too.

Pah, Google the word and you'll see that I didn't create it [:D]

I am giving it a chance it's just that it hasn't made a good first impression. I haven't even killed anyone yet and I find that I'm already getting chased around continuously.

tftrman -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (15/2/2010 4:28:07 PM)

Looking for a bit of help from anyone who's done all "the truth" sections - I'm on one where I have to select 5 paintings such as "Cupid and psyche", "the rape of europa" etc with the only clue ending "behold, the assassins, children of two worlds". I don't know what it is I'm supposed to be looking for in the paintings so any help I can get to select the right ones would be appreciated ta!

talpacino -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (15/2/2010 4:46:25 PM)

quote:

Looking for a bit of help from anyone who's done all "the truth" sections - I'm on one where I have to select 5 paintings such as "Cupid and psyche", "the rape of europa" etc with the only clue ending "behold, the assassins, children of two worlds". I don't know what it is I'm supposed to be looking for in the paintings so any help I can get to select the right ones would be appreciated ta!

http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Assassins-Creed-II/images/ac2-glyph14.jpg

If you're really really stuck, there's a link to a pic with the solution. [;)]

tftrman -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (15/2/2010 8:00:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Assassins-Creed-II/images/ac2-glyph14.jpg

If you're really really stuck, there's a link to a pic with the solution. [;)]

Awesome, thanks!

Badgers -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (16/2/2010 12:35:37 PM)

Hi guys, I can't decide between AC2 and Batman : Arkham Asylum. I had the first AC and enjoyed it, although the repetitiveness did get to me. Which of the 2 games would you recommend getting?

Chief -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (16/2/2010 1:19:26 PM)

Arkham Asylum, every time. AC2 is good but AA is an absolute joy.

Brobe -> RE: Assassin's Creed 2 (5/5/2010 10:38:55 PM)

Found the forum eventually, used google in the end rather than the dubious search engine on here, but as no one's posted since mid-February it would have taken a while to locate!

Anyway, today the first details were leaked and (strangely) confirmed about the next Assassin's Creed game, using Ezio and continuing his story, but now with the addition of multiplayer, Ubisoft say they'll give out more information on it all next week, it's called Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood and seems less a full sequel and more of an add-on/expansion pack, like with the GTA IV episodes in a way.

More info: HERE

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI