RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

demoncleaner -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (13/12/2009 3:53:52 AM)

"Or AIDS.  Do you rememer AIDS?"

mafyou -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (13/12/2009 1:50:22 PM)

"Stop saying Abingdon at me and get me a fucking chocolate biscuit!"

spamandham -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (13/12/2009 3:26:32 PM)

"We are going to take you down to Funky Town. Funky Town Centre here you come. Choo Fucking Choo!"

"Have you seen the Fucking size of the Fucking Foreign Office? We'll get you a job there. They're always looking for cleaners."

Brilliant.

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (13/12/2009 7:24:12 PM)

"It's all on the J Drive, if you don't know how to access the J Drive go and hand your pass in at reception, go and buy some silver body paint and pretend to be a robot down on the South Bank."

As for the "Fucker" (I won't say anything further on elab49's post as some of you may not have seen the episode yet) well it does set things up nicely for a likely fourth series but I do feel this was a bit of an anit-climax. Episode 7 was by far the best and perhaps would have eve been a better ending leaving us on the edge of our seats.

impqueen -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (13/12/2009 7:44:32 PM)

I donít think much could top the drama of last weekís episode, it was brilliant.

Iím glad Malcolm is back and though I agree and found this episode somewhat anti-climatic it was still very good and entertaining. I loved the inter-cutting between the two rallying cries, though the opposition seemed a little subdued considering they are apparently poised for power.

There has to be a fourth series or at least one election special, I hope so I love the series far too much for it to end there!

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (13/12/2009 7:52:21 PM)

Apparently Armando Iaunacci wants to do a fourth series but needs the go-ahead from the BBC first.

sharkboy -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (4/2/2010 12:38:54 PM)

Malcolm gets the Cameron treatment: http://www.andybarefoot.com/politics/tucker.php  Now you can "Tuckerise" the tory posters [:D]

Zaphod121 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (11/2/2010 4:42:19 PM)

I just finished watching the first series of this and I'm really confused about something, are the specials considered as Series 2 or is that the latest series that just aired last year? Because everywhere on the internet lists it as Series 3. [&:]

elab49 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (11/2/2010 4:48:29 PM)

Technically not a series but specials, but I think when they got the new series is when they started referring to the specials as Series 2. 

rawlinson -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (11/2/2010 4:55:15 PM)

Wasn't it that the first three episodes were series 1 and the next 3 were series 2 but somewhere over time they all just got classed as series 1? There was certainly a few months between the first three and the next three being shown on t.v.

elab49 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (11/2/2010 4:59:36 PM)

They must have changed it again I think, if so. Brain's going - I don't remember a gap. [&:]

rawlinson -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (11/2/2010 5:02:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

They must have changed it again I think, if so. Brain's going - I don't remember a gap. [&:]

I'm like 99% certain they did because I'd been in America and when I got back they were just starting 4 - 6 and they repeated the first three as a catch-up thing. Unless it's my brain that's gone. [&:]

Zaphod121 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (11/2/2010 5:08:20 PM)

IMDB definitely shows a gap between eps 3 & 4, but the Series 1 DVD is episodes 1 - 6, so I guess the specials are Series 2 and the one from last year is Series 3? This is bloody confusing... [&:]

rawlinson -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (11/2/2010 5:13:56 PM)

There's always the possibility that they changed the title to series 1 for all 6 episodes after the Chris Langham affair. I remember there was talk about them coming back with a full length series before the Langham news broke and afterwards they did the specials, but I can't remember if they were written as two specials because they had to do a major script alteration after the arrest or if the specials were always planned.

elab49 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (11/2/2010 5:15:49 PM)

I'm not really sure it matters that much - whether you call it the specials or series 2, you've not missed any epis if you watch S1, the specials then S3. The rest is just semantics.

spark1 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (8/3/2010 2:58:44 PM)

tucker-the movie-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rf174/In_the_Loop/

jonathan74 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (8/3/2010 10:04:48 PM)

Blimey.  Glad I found this thread as I only started watching this show during the last series and have been hopelessly confused by the lack of a "Series 2" DVD.

So for the avoidance of doubt, if I were to buy "Series 1", "The Specials" and "Series 3", that would be all the broadcast episodes. [&:]

elab49 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (8/3/2010 10:10:40 PM)

Yes.[:)]

jonathan74 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (8/3/2010 10:11:45 PM)

Thanks very much! [:)]

Lang -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (22/4/2010 9:11:45 PM)

Just sitting down to a spot of the series 3 of The Thick of It SUPERB!!!

Best Malcolm put down?

Marky_Mark -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (6/11/2010 1:38:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

Best Malcolm put down?

My all time favourite, from Series 3, Ep 4....

"If this gets into the press, I would know that it came from you. And I would rain down upon you so hard, that you would have to be reassembled by fucking aircrash investigators....DO NOT FUCKING INTERRUPT ME SON EVER. Now get this into the noggin, right - you breathe a word of this to anyone....you mincing fucking CUNT....and I will tear your fucking skin off. I will wear it to your mother's birthday party and I will rub your nuts up and down her leg whilst whistling Bohemian fucking Rhapsody RIGHT?! Now...GET. OUT. OF MY FUCKING. SIGHT."

[image]http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/thickofit/images/thick_char2_tucker.jpg[/image]

Qwerty Norris -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (6/11/2010 8:04:19 PM)

Any word of a fourth series yet, or is Iannucci hard at work on Alan Partridge's cinematic outing still?

Erlenmeyer Flask -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (1/1/2012 6:19:39 PM)

I've watched two episodes of this, which I'm finding quite funny and entertaining - normally I don't jump into comedies, but this has a good balance between drama and comedy and political stuff - e.g., the zeitgeist tape. [:D] It's strikes me as something that only the British could make as it's suited to their sensibilities/reading of the political landscape/things being a clusterfuck.

My only complaint is the shaky cam stuff. I don't mind it in the Bourne films and such, I think it's overkill and unnecessary here.

It rips through the swear-o-meter at a fair pace, you'd wonder how someone complains about swearing in The Killing and the Beeb cuts back on it there, but this airs untouched. Very different shows, of course.

I believe there'll be a fourth series, yeah.

ElephantBoy -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (2/1/2012 12:34:52 AM)

God I hope so, this is worth at least one more outing.

MonsterCat -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (2/1/2012 12:53:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

I remember Armando Ianucci saying that there will be at least one more series.

If I remember it correctly, it looked like the end of the third series was setting up The Fucker as a potential adversary for Malcolm.

NadaPlissken -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (2/1/2012 10:17:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

If I remember it correctly, it looked like the end of the third series was setting up The Fucker as a potential adversary for Malcolm.

I think the fourth series was delayed because Armando wanted to focus it more on the coalition - I think this means more Peter Mannion and Stewart, but hopefully The Fucker as well.

On the other hand, the US version will be airing for the first time this year - it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

kingalan -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (2/1/2012 5:40:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NadaPlissken

quote:

quote:

I think the fourth series was delayed because Armando wanted to focus it more on the coalition - I think this means more Peter Mannion and Stewart, but hopefully The Fucker as well.

On the other hand, the US version will be airing for the first time this year - it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

Did they ever get around to filming a US version? Last I heard it didn't reach series stage...?

I know Ianucci's just finished Veep in the US which is a similar-sounding political comedy starring Julia-Louis Dreyfuss...

NadaPlissken -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (2/1/2012 11:47:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingalan

quote:

ORIGINAL: NadaPlissken

quote:

quote:

Did they ever get around to filming a US version? Last I heard it didn't reach series stage...?

I know Ianucci's just finished Veep in the US which is a similar-sounding political comedy starring Julia-Louis Dreyfuss...

Yeah it was Veep I meant.  I was under the impression that rose from the machine-gunned carcass of the original US pilot.

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (3/1/2012 12:44:11 AM)

quote:

Scripts for the fourth series should be in now at the BBC with filming expected to start early this year and the fourth series due out in the Autumn.

I know The Fucker is definitely in, don't know about Mannion but frankly I'm just hoping Armando brings Jamie back!![:D]

"Alright shits, pull your knickers up, it's the IT sweeney! We have come to strip search your computers, don't worry, we're only after intelligence, so we might be here a while!"

Arguably one of the greatest ever deleted lines in movie history![:D]

MonsterCat -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (3/1/2012 1:03:43 AM)

I will never understand how the US Thick Of It failed with Mitchell "I created Arrested Development and therefore I'm a fucking genius" Hurwitz at the helm.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI