RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (28/10/2009 10:17:30 AM)

"People don't like their politicians too be comfortable. They don't like them to have expenses. In fact they'd rather you live in a fucking cave."

"So what should I sit on then? An upturned KFC box"

[:D]

bad hat harry -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (28/10/2009 4:08:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamandham

Lurved the first episode. Knowing that it's as close to reality without becoming vulnerable to cretinous british libel laws makes it all the funnier.

...Such as?

Dozy McGrew -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (29/10/2009 11:45:34 PM)

"I'm away to wipe my arse on Nick Robinson. I'm getting good I gave him a quiff". was worth it alone.

Alabama -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (7/11/2009 10:57:22 PM)

" I feel like I'm at a therapy group being run by my own rapist"

Cracking episode, loved the press guy, he should be in it more. The outtakes are funny too, feel sorry for the actress who plays Robyn, her scenes rarely make the final cut!

Ethanial -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (7/11/2009 11:00:53 PM)

I feel like we're in a shitty spy film, The Eastbourne Ultimatum.

How brilliant that was, the deleted stuff just as much, and I agree, poor Robyn.

elab49 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (7/11/2009 11:12:48 PM)

Really hit its stride tonight - excellent stuff. And wasn't Duggan just a little bit Chad?

Riddick_J -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (8/11/2009 12:38:23 PM)

'Get a grip Glenn, i didnt fucking cum in your mouth'

Great episode.

elab49 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (8/11/2009 3:20:58 PM)

Possibly spoilers only it isn't really to be honest, but just in case SPOILERS

Roger Allam will be taking a turn in the show next Saturday - he didn't meet Malcolm in the specials, did he? [:)]

Reidy -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (9/11/2009 12:21:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alabama

" I feel like I'm at a therapy group being run by my own rapist"

Cracking episode, loved the press guy, he should be in it more. The outtakes are funny too, feel sorry for the actress who plays Robyn, her scenes rarely make the final cut!

That line was fantastic.

filmburner30 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (10/11/2009 10:54:09 AM)

Great episode

"Welcome to Eastbourne,the jewel in the crown of our shit seaside towns"

Glenn and Malcoms set to was comedy gold

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (18/11/2009 3:23:09 PM)

Now we're at episode four I have but just one thing to say...

"Where the fuck is Jamie!?!?"[:D]

[image]http://www.comedy.org.uk/images/library/people/180x200/t/thick_of_it_jamie.jpg[/image]

elab49 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (18/11/2009 3:31:52 PM)

Much as I'd like to see him, Malcolm seems to be doing quite well on his own - thumping Glen and scaring the crap out of little Tory staffers [:)]

sharkboy -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (18/11/2009 3:37:46 PM)

Maybe he's getting fitted for a new set of kid gloves, but made with real kids? [:D]

Loved the last episode - after Malcolm's comment about an 80's tribute band, I could only see Robert Palmer every time Peter Mannion was on screen [:D]

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (18/11/2009 4:24:38 PM)

Knowing Iaunacci's writing style, Jamie is going to be thrown in when we least expect it! If you've watch closely you'll see his name is still on the end credits I believe so "techincally" he's still around.

Epiphany Demon -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (18/11/2009 9:27:36 PM)

When he ripped into that man.... bringing up Bohemian Rhapsody et al...

Best thing I've seen in years.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (18/11/2009 9:35:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

Knowing Iaunacci's writing style, Jamie is going to be thrown in when we least expect it! If you've watch closely you'll see his name is still on the end credits I believe so "techincally" he's still around.

I wouldn't be surpirsed if wasn't to do with budgets. They make these episodes of peanuts. I expect Jamie to appear soon.

demoncleaner -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (18/11/2009 9:40:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

I wouldn't be surpirsed if wasn't to do with budgets. They make these episodes of peanuts. I expect Jamie to appear soon.

In between episodes I got re-acquainted with the Armando Iannuci Shows this week.  4 odd quid on Amazon is worth it for the most fun you'll have with your clothes on.  Cognoscenti of this show will know that a contingent of Thick of It actors show prominently in this series.  Sheer brilliance.

"I've got nothing against Bernard Cribbins you understand, but his place is in the wild, not in my house using up all the crockery."

appleby -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (18/11/2009 9:46:46 PM)

Can't say this series is doing much for me, seems to be lacking the sharpness of the original series with Langham. Malcolm has become a caricature and it seems the structure heavily relies on the next Malcolm rant, it has its moments, all from the odd Malcolm throwaway line, but nothing so far in this series nothing has accomplished the level of satire and comedy than i think episode 4 of the first series ' have you ever cleaned up your mothers piss'

Suffered from the loss of Langham,shame.

nutteronabus -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (20/11/2009 1:40:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

Sadly Chris Addison has already said on twitter that Jamie isn't in the current series. Which is a shame, really.

The Seed -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (22/11/2009 12:37:33 PM)

"Happy Birthday C*nt"

Such a beautiful sentiment.

We're now officially past the half way point in this series [sm=sad06.gif] does anyone know if there is an XMas special planned this year?

Ethanial -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (22/11/2009 4:47:51 PM)

What a merry christmas it'll be gathering round to watch Malcolm bollock everyone around a fire.
Also, Armansdo Ianucci shows, Highlight of my year finding this show, the dvd commentaries are grand too.

elab49 -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (22/11/2009 5:05:22 PM)

The screaming mutually assured destruction between Malcolm and Stuart last night had me in hysterics - it was just absolutely bloody marvellous. And way waaaay too credible. Brilliant episode.

spamandham -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (22/11/2009 11:21:21 PM)

The number of excellent one liners in that last episode was ridiculous. Can't remember a single one though. [8D]

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (23/11/2009 11:16:58 AM)

That was by far the best episode of the series so far. I feel overall the new serious has lacked serious comedy intent and isn't a patch on the first but that episode was a hugely memorable one. I think the introduction of Peter, Phil, Emma and Stuart back into the fray has made all the difference.

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (23/11/2009 3:00:09 PM)

The "Happy Birthday C*nt" cake scene was brilliant.[:D]

"Is this Tom's idea of a joke, and he wonders why we don't let him out in public."

"Did we just break a story that wasn't the Ipswich manager's just been sacked?"

"If you don't give me his fucking number I'm going to have to go to fucking Rislip and snap the thumb and forefinger of every fucking texting coward that looks like a fucking Tim."

"Get in there Johnny Depp right now or I'll shove a magnet down your throat and watch your face implode."

"That didn't happen but I do have a statement from a rent boy..."
"Oh that's well and fucking good then, you can probably claim him against your expenses."

"Well I'll see you on election night Malcolm, I'll pop round to pick up the keys or something."

"Can you change that to Magic FM mate or otherwise I'm going to have to tear off my eyelids and fucking scrunch them up into earphones?"

[sm=happy07.gif]

steffols -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (23/11/2009 3:25:07 PM)

I loved watching Malcolm shouting at no one whilst eating birthday cake, that was hilarious.

Also, Emma is a bitch.

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (23/11/2009 3:39:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I loved watching Malcolm shouting at no one whilst eating birthday cake, that was hilarious.

Also, Emma is a bitch.

"It's my BIRTHDAY!"

"Fuck me. This is like watching a clown run across a minefield."

nutteronabus -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (23/11/2009 3:46:57 PM)

"Did you see what I did there?"

steffols -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (23/11/2009 4:00:38 PM)

'And as for Tim in fucking Rislip, hes fucking dead as well, that fucking texting coward. Give me the fucking number of Tim in Rislip, if you dont give me his number, you know what I'm going to have to do, I'm going to have to go to fucking Rislip and snap the thumb and forefinger of ever single person I see who I think resembles the kind of wanker who I think would be walking about in this day and fucking age with a name like fucking Tim!'

Goodfella -> RE: The Thick Of It - Series 2 starts Sat 24th October, 10.10pm, BBC2! (23/11/2009 4:43:30 PM)

"Can you get Peter to do something in-offensive until I get there? Like hard boil four eggs?"

"She's a mentalist, she's in love with you. If you crash your car in the mountains she'll be the one there waiting to pull you out. You've seen Misery right?"
"Well I'm at the fucking BBC aren't I?"

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI