The Hunger Games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> The Hunger Games (20/3/2009 11:16:11 AM)

Post your comments on this article

elab49 -> RE: The Hunger Games (30/5/2010 11:35:05 AM)

What - are there only a limited number of books available and they might sell out permanently? [8|]

Skittles001 -> RE: The Hunger Games (30/5/2010 7:40:05 PM)

No, so once you read it, you won't be moaning about how "It's not good any more because everyone likes it" [8D]
I hate this whole "I listen to bands that don't exist yet" outlook.

jencat -> RE: The Hunger Games (3/7/2010 5:19:53 AM)

More like a post-apocalyptic American version of Battle Royale than The Running Man, probably... It's always going to be more traumatic as the contestants are children/teenage.  Fabulously gripping books though, and I'm taking it as a very good sign that Suzanne Collins has written the script as it does have a great narrative voice... roll on book 3 and the movie!

Bethany__ -> RE: The Hunger Games (1/1/2011 3:18:43 PM)

I cannot wait for this film. Casting is supposed to start early 2011 (so probably January/February). Gary Ross directing... I'm hoping and praying that Hailee Steinfeld will get this role. I think she'd be fantastic and although she's making a name for herself with True Grit, she'd really be put on the map if she got to play Katniss. Apparently she met with the producer once a few months back.

[sm=biggrin.gif]

Hamon -> RE: The Hunger Games (3/1/2011 11:16:01 AM)

It is mind blowing movie. 

Bethany__ -> RE: SOME JOSH GUY AS PEETA. (5/5/2011 10:17:14 AM)

I was pretty upset when I first heard about the casting of Josh as Peeta and Liam as Gale, but I've grown to like the choices. I was never really a Hunter Parrish fan, so I wasn't overly bothered by that, but I wouldn't have minded Lucas Till in the role.

Either way, we have a cast that is shaping up pretty nicely. Filming starts in less than twenty days. I just hope Empire keeps an eye on it.

Timon -> RE: The Hunger Games (27/10/2011 9:54:18 AM)

My local Cineworld was handing out free copies of the first book and after reading an article about it, I picked it up curious about whether it would be a Teen Running Man or a watered down Battle Royale.

Read the whole book in a day while on a business trip and it was very good, however I thought the final act was a tad contrived (The Mutts) and there was too much angst going on in the cave as they were healing themselves - but overall very interesting stuff and I look forward to the film.

Crew and cast look very good, but I do wonder how far the studio will go with the violence. It doesn't have to be buckets of blood everywhere, but it will be harrowing (in a mainstream blockbuster) to see a snared 10 year speared to death for example.

Colour me intrigued.

Rod Hull -> RE: The Hunger Games (28/10/2011 9:54:53 AM)

Great choice of director, always wonder why Ross hasn't been more prolific behind the camera. Good casting for Katniss, but Woody as Haymitch took me a while to get my head around but now see it as being absolutely spot on. Really hope they don't tone down the violence too much, although I imagine the nudity might stay on the printed page!

Timon -> RE: The Hunger Games (28/10/2011 9:58:11 AM)

Pity, I was looking forward to Jennifer Lawrence wearing gold dust.

Anyway, they've released posters.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1109405/lots_of_character_posters_for_the_hunger_games.html

The REAL Bozz -> RE: The Hunger Games (28/10/2011 10:00:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

My local Cineworld was handing out free copies of the first book and after reading an article about it, I picked it up curious about whether it would be a Teen Running Man or a watered down Battle Royale.

Read the whole book in a day while on a business trip and it was very good, however I thought the final act was a tad contrived (The Mutts) and there was too much angst going on in the cave as they were healing themselves - but overall very interesting stuff and I look forward to the film.

Crew and cast look very good, but I do wonder how far the studio will go with the violence. It doesn't have to be buckets of blood everywhere, but it will be harrowing (in a mainstream blockbuster) to see a snared 10 year speared to death for example.

Colour me intrigued.

Having read the series I'd say that's a bit of a big spoiler. Agree overall about the tone of the film. It won't be at all like the books when it comes to the violence, which gets more graphic as the series continues.

demoncleaner -> RE: The Hunger Games (29/10/2011 11:16:16 AM)

I totally can't wait for this....another film for teenage texting cunts...where's that "warms-hands-at-the-prospect smiley?" 

Scruffybobby -> RE: The Hunger Games (13/11/2011 7:03:32 PM)

Trailer for this is showing tomorrow on Good Morning America  so should be online by mid afternoo our time.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1674119/hunger-games-trailer.jhtml

Timon -> RE: The Hunger Games Trailer (14/11/2011 2:50:51 PM)

Full trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4S9a5V9ODuY

May the odds be ever in your favour.

blackduck -> RE: (11/1/2012 1:53:28 PM)

Just started on the third book, any idea what rating the movie is going for?

I really don't see how they can stay true to the book, I'd be amazed if they don't have to tone down the violence or the bleakness of the book, but going by the trailer I'm intreagued.

Stillwater -> RE: RE: (19/1/2012 10:48:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackduck

Just started on the third book, any idea what rating the movie is going for?

I really don't see how they can stay true to the book, I'd be amazed if they don't have to tone down the violence or the bleakness of the book, but going by the trailer I'm intreagued.

I'd envision a PG-13/12A rating, I can't imagine they would go any higher than that and miss out the lower teen demographic, which will mean a rather significant toning down of the violence. Though depending on how it is done, that might not be a huge problem as I'm not sure how pleasant it would be to see 12-18 year olds murdering each other quite brutally...[&:]

Timon -> RE: (13/3/2012 10:56:01 AM)

So the film has been slightly cut to get a 12A and after the premiere last night, early word suggests it's very, very good - in that it pleases the fans that it sticks close to the material.

I've only read the first book, but personally the (SPOILERS) engineered werewolf corpses of the dead contestants (END SPOILERS) was a bit silly, but it should make for an entertaining couple of hours.

Rob -> RE: RE: (13/3/2012 12:32:23 PM)

quote:

So the film has been slightly cut to get a 12A and after the premiere last night, early word suggests it's very, very good - in that it pleases the fans that it sticks close to the material.

I've only read the first book, but personally the (SPOILERS) engineered werewolf corpses of the dead contestants (END SPOILERS) was a bit silly, but it should make for an entertaining couple of hours.

See I didn't have a problem with that part at all and thought it was pretty much in keeping with other aspects of the novel.

I'm really looking forward to this actually - Jennifer Lawrence certainly looks the part and by all accounts the fidelity to the source material works in this case.

rich -> RE: The Hunger Games (13/3/2012 5:51:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jencat

More like a post-apocalyptic American version of Battle Royale than The Running Man, probably... It's always going to be more traumatic as the contestants are children/teenage. 

I'd have thought this was a reason it would all be completely watered down. Hollywood isn't goin to go near the kind of material present in Battle Royale...

directorscut -> RE: The Hunger Games (13/3/2012 6:38:35 PM)

The book itself isn't anywhere near Battle Royale in terms of violence.

Timon -> RE: The Hunger Games (15/3/2012 4:34:12 PM)

Early 'reviews' or previews seem to be quite positive... which is nice.

In other words - the odds appear to be ever in its favour.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/9145884/Hunger-Games-first-reactions.html

Rob -> RE: The Hunger Games (15/3/2012 4:37:52 PM)

quote:

Early 'reviews' or previews seem to be quite positive... which is nice.

In other words - the odds appear to be ever in its favour.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/9145884/Hunger-Games-first-reactions.html

Delicious [;)]

EDIT: Just noticed that Robbie Collins liked it. Ah well and I was so looking forward to this.

Scruffybobby -> Hunger Games sequel delayed? (5/4/2012 7:20:19 AM)

Catching Fire could be delayed due to problems in negotiations with Gary Ross and Jennifer Lawrence's schedule. Ross appears to be holding out for more money and Lawrence's commitments to X Men could scupper filming plans.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hunger-games-gary-ross-catching-fire-twilight-307622

Lionsgate could easily go with another director but they'd have a much harder job replacing their leading lady

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.589844E-02