The Mentalist (Channel 5 Speed) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Fluke Skywalker -> The Mentalist (Channel 5 Speed) (18/3/2009 12:57:10 PM)

I don't remotely give a shit about this program - just it's unintentionally funny title. Didn't Alan Partridge escape from an obsessed fan shouting "you're a mentalist!" [:D]

elab49 -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 1:00:43 PM)

It doesn't seem to have the same connotations over there. Although I think Derren Brown has used the description too.

So - re title. Is this C5 speed or US speed? [:)]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 1:05:17 PM)

It's up to you! I ain't gonna watch it - [:D] What do you want me to title it as....

elab49 -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 1:08:09 PM)

How about Channel 5 pace? There was a bit of discussion about it before in the new US shows thread, but that doesn't seem to have generated enough viewers of interest to gee up someone to set up its own thread. More people will probably watch on Channel 5. So it would be fair to keep the spoilers out?

Are you not even going to try the pilot? (Dumb name aside!)

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 1:10:15 PM)

No probably not - I'll change it to Channel 5 speed....

EDIT : Then again now I've started this thread I might actually give it a shot [:D]

discodave101 -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 1:41:23 PM)

Fluke's apathy has me intrigued. What is this show? Is it that Patrick Swayze one they've been advertising for weeks? Whats the current opinion of it in the states?

elab49 -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 2:19:04 PM)

Ugh - I wouldn't be recommending a Swayze show. That one - The BEast - is on their digitial channel and heading for cancellation.

Unlike the Mentalist which is, I think, the biggest debut show this season in ratings terms.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 2:21:36 PM)

According to Warner Bros it takes the "best elements of a (police) procedural coupled with character-based drama focused on a charming yet haunted protagonist".

Mycroft -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 2:33:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

How about Channel 5 pace? There was a bit of discussion about it before in the new US shows thread, but that doesn't seem to have generated enough viewers of interest to gee up someone to set up its own thread. More people will probably watch on Channel 5. So it would be fair to keep the spoilers out?

Are you not even going to try the pilot? (Dumb name aside!)

There's a US speed already, and you posted in it [:D]

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2101736&mpage=1&key=mentalist&NID=0#2101736

I'm still watching. Nothing too exciting but it's a fun 40 minutes, better than Tim Roth's Lie to Me

FlangeBags -> RE: The Mentalist (18/3/2009 8:39:06 PM)

Sounds a bit like that Psyche or whatever the hell it's called.

From the trailers, I'd be stunned if some exec hadn't seen a Derren Brown show and thought, "What if he was, like, a maverick detective or something? That'd be cool!"

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: The Mentalist (19/3/2009 2:02:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Ugh - I wouldn't be recommending a Swayze show. That one - The BEast - is on their digitial channel and heading for cancellation.

I like it!

It's easily the best thing he's ever done, though that might not be a great recommendation [:D]

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The Mentalist (18/4/2009 8:20:54 PM)

I'm actually watching this at Channel 5 speed, is anyone else? It's pretty good, I'm certainly sticking with it for now.......

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The Mentalist (14/2/2010 12:09:12 PM)

Season 2 starts @ 9pm on Five this Friday.

I enjoyed the first season a lot so am looking forward to this, not in a Lost or The Pacific kind of way mind, but I am looking forward to it.

Marky_Mark -> RE: The Mentalist (15/2/2010 1:38:28 PM)

Wahey! Thought I spotted that in the TV guide.

I do like The Mentalist....not as much as Lie To Me but it's good all round wholesome fun. I'd like to see them delve a little deeper into Jane's past this series; it's such a light-hearted show in general that all the dark stuff with Red John is all the more effective when it pops-up.

Badgers -> RE: The Mentalist (15/2/2010 2:26:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Season 2 starts @ 9pm on Five this Friday.

I enjoyed the first season a lot so am looking forward to this, not in a Lost or The Pacific kind of way mind, but I am looking forward to it.

Excellent, cheers for the heads up

Enjoyed the first series, this is certainly getting sky+'d

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The Mentalist (9/3/2010 10:27:04 AM)

Dammit. They had me going this week. I honestly thought we were getting a bit of character background with the Lisbon thing. Only to find the whole damn thing was a setup, I should have known but I was to busy thinking they might actually be starting flesh out the characters a bit more. Good episode though and I like the introduction of Agent Bosco this series.

Marky_Mark -> RE: The Mentalist (9/3/2010 12:28:39 PM)

Yeah - damn good episode; they fooled me too!

Badgers -> RE: The Mentalist (10/3/2010 9:35:18 AM)

Had me fooled, thought she might be leaving the show or something. Can't have that happening, she's the eye candy

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The Mentalist (13/4/2010 7:16:22 PM)

Jackpot! Back to the Red John stuff this week and it was bloody fantastic [:D]

I can't wait for Jane to catch up with him, it's going to take a while but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Shame about Bosco, he was growing on me! [:(]

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The Mentalist (24/7/2010 7:14:47 PM)

Well that's Season Two done and dusted and although I enjoyed it, there wasn't enough Red John related episodes throughout the season. I know that's the only massive storyline arc that won't be resolved until the very end of the show so they have to stretch it out and give us it in small doses. I just love it when they do [:D] Simon Bakers plays vengeance wanting Jane so well.

Looking forward to Series Three, maybe Jane can catch up with Red John and not have a whole roll of clingfilm between them [;)][:D]

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The Mentalist (16/10/2010 9:58:28 PM)

A solid enough start to Season 3, looking forward to seeing where it goes...

MartinBlank76 -> RE: The Mentalist (17/10/2010 7:34:01 PM)

Yep, as enjoyable as always. Typical mentalist goodness. Nothing overly surprising just good entetainment.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The Mentalist (28/10/2010 11:28:28 AM)

This weeks was good with a little more of Janes back story being exposed. I really enjoy this show and Simon Baker plays Patrick Jane so well, a very strong lead.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The Mentalist (2/11/2010 9:43:26 AM)

This series has been outstanding so far. Another fantastic episode this week, Red John is really starting to get to Jane (like killing his wife and child weren't enough!) [:D]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: The Mentalist (2/11/2010 10:41:35 AM)

What's the connection between Red John and McDowell's character though? It'll probably be ages until we find out.

From_Hell -> RE: The Mentalist (2/2/2011 8:24:13 AM)

I thought Channel 5 were showing Season 3 of The Mentalist on Friday evenings, but they seem to be re-running Season 1. Have I missed something?

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: The Mentalist (2/2/2011 9:12:48 AM)

C5 show it only a few days behind America, and over there it had a christmas break. It's back now, but C5 won't start again until March.

I did watch two of the repeats though, and only realised 2/3s of the way through he second that I'd seen them before [:D]

From_Hell -> RE: The Mentalist (2/2/2011 9:08:20 PM)

Ah lovely job, thanks....

spark1 -> RE: The Mentalist (3/2/2011 1:48:02 PM)

silly of 5 to get s3 so soon i it meant mid season gap.

spark1 -> RE: The Mentalist (Channel 5 Speed) (2/3/2011 12:10:29 PM)

back this friday 9pm.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI