It (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> It (13/3/2009 4:10:09 PM)

Post your comments on this article

dj vivace -> RE: It (13/3/2009 6:42:46 PM)

What? Another bloody remake! Well, maybe they can improve the ending [sm=893confused27-thumb.gif]

Lazy wolf eyes -> RE: It (13/3/2009 8:07:59 PM)

Hmm.... I wonder if they keep in the bizarre kiddie gang bang.  I'm all for remakes when they attempt to remake something that didn't quite work the first time round.  The first half of IT is genuinely scary but I agree the ending was dreadful.  Will be interesting to see what happens with this. 

Mr Terrific -> RE: It (13/3/2009 8:17:12 PM)

quote:

I wonder if they keep in the bizarre kiddie gang bang.

There would be no need for it. I think it was a ritual to bind them altogether. Something else like a blood pact would work just as well. The first half is the half to get right anyway, in my opinion.

Woger -> RE: It (13/3/2009 9:19:01 PM)

A film is a bad idea, a 4 or 6 part tv series would be alot better. the Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me were both almost 2 hours and they were novellas! How the hell will they fit 1,100 hundred pages into less than 3 hours?

Lazy wolf eyes -> RE: It (13/3/2009 9:40:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

quote:

There would be no need for it. I think it was a ritual to bind them altogether. Something else like a blood pact would work just as well. The first half is the half to get right anyway, in my opinion.

I'm still not convinced by that episode in the book.  As you say a blood pact would convey the same message.  It just strikes me as really unnecessary and tacky.

Mr Terrific -> RE: It (13/3/2009 9:51:25 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm still not convinced by that episode in the book. As you say a blood pact would convey the same message. It just strikes me as really unnecessary and tacky.

It does'nt fit in the book, you are correct, totally out of character for all of them. Mr King did write something explaining this bit but I can't remember what he said, it was a good argument but would only really have worked if they were adults...and knew why they were doing it.

It could work as a movie, there are lots of bits you can cut out without damaging the story too much. The other child murders could be mentioned on news and briefly talked about etc.

CORLEONE -> RE: It (13/3/2009 11:38:07 PM)

Who could replace Tim Curry?

They all float.

Tech_Noir -> RE: It (14/3/2009 9:49:32 PM)

I absolutely love this book, some of Richie's lines bust me up.

CORLEONE -> RE: It (15/3/2009 12:20:27 AM)

Beep beep Richie.

CORLEONE -> RE: It (19/3/2009 12:21:02 PM)

Throwing Sam Rockwell in there as a potential Pennywise.

Mr Grady -> RE: It (19/3/2009 8:52:58 PM)

Does it really count as a remake when the origional was made for TV?

Mr Terrific -> RE: It (19/3/2009 8:58:37 PM)

quote:

CORLEONE is on fire today!

CORLEONE -> RE: It (19/3/2009 11:06:15 PM)

quote:

quote:

Sarcasm or genuine? You never know on these boards....

Mr Terrific -> RE: It (20/3/2009 9:12:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sarcasm or genuine? You never know on these boards....

I am rarely sarcastic here...good call!! Is what I meant.

Squidward Hark Bugle -> RE: It (21/3/2009 3:56:53 AM)

The miniseries was shit. Nothing was good about it except for Tim Curry himself.

This is not a remake as there isn't a film to remake, just the miniseries, and it's so crappy that it should just be forgotten.

For this new film, the emphasis should again be on the relationships between the kids, and not necessarily outright horror, as that way the horror parts are scarier, and have more emotional resonance as they impede on the kids' lives (whom we care about).

If they had to bring in someone other than Tim Curry to play Pennywise, I'd go for Al Pacino or Jack Nicholson.

Drone -> RE: It (21/3/2009 9:11:32 AM)

I enjoyed the 'miniseries';  I thought the scene where (you'll have to forgive me as it's been many many years since I've read the book or seen the series so I forget her name) the girl goes back to her fathers' old house, and finds a little old lady living there who turns out to be Pennywise to be  wonderfully sinister and... weird.

CORLEONE -> RE: It (21/3/2009 11:14:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

If they had to bring in someone other than Tim Curry to play Pennywise, I'd go for Al Pacino or Jack Nicholson.

You really think there's even a remote possibility of these 2 pensioners donning a clown suit!?

JIm R -> RE: It (21/3/2009 1:00:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

You really think there's even a remote possibility of these 2 pensioners donning a clown suit!?

Go for Hugo Weaving

CORLEONE -> RE: It (21/3/2009 10:56:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

quote:

Go for Hugo Weaving

Not a bad shout, though inferior to my Rockwell suggestion IMO [:D]

Mr Terrific -> RE: It (22/3/2009 1:49:58 PM)

quote:

Go for Hugo Weaving

quote:

Not a bad shout, though inferior to my Rockwell suggestion IM
O

Hugo Weaving is kinda typecast as a baddie now. For me he is not a "fit" for the role. Rockwell has the manic energy needed for it in my opinion. Also the better actor.

sanchia -> RE: It (22/3/2009 9:20:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazy wolf eyes

quote:

quote:

I'm still not convinced by that episode in the book.  As you say a blood pact would convey the same message.  It just strikes me as really unnecessary and tacky.

A terrible aspect of the book. I have to agree Rockwell is excellent in pretty much every role he takes and could be genuinely menacing in a role like this.

Woger -> RE: It (6/4/2009 5:53:39 PM)

A bit of info.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/13770/stephen-king-s-it-to-be-r-rated/

Hamsterwalt -> What to do about Pennywise (7/4/2009 9:28:11 AM)

Well heres a problem Jackie Earle Haley has signed on to play Freddy Krueger in another remake(guess which).I think either Sam Rockwell,Tom Hardy or Rhys Ifans might be good for the role.

Mr Terrific -> RE: What to do about Pennywise (10/4/2009 11:30:25 AM)

quote:

A bit of info.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/13770/stephen-king-s-it-to-be-r-rated/

Makes sense considering what happens in the story. Not really too happy about setting it in 1980's...does'nt really make sense.

matty_b -> RE: What to do about Pennywise (10/4/2009 12:13:18 PM)

Willem Dafoe would be a great Pennywise.

Bill - Billy Crudup
Ben - Joaquin Phoenix (if he can be persuaded to quit rapping)
Bev - Evangeline Lilly
Mike - Harold Perrineau
Ritchie - Ryan Reynolds
Eddie - Giovanni Ribisi

gggolem -> RE: What to do about Pennywise (12/4/2009 5:06:20 PM)

Finally a remake I could be proud of, since the original is one of the worst films I've ever seen in my entire life. It is just a very very very badly made film. The actors are all horrible (except Tim Curry, his Pennywise is gold), the direction isn't good either and I didn't even notice the music.

So yeah, bring on the remake! Sam Rockwell would be an excellent choice for Pennywise. Or not.

Piles -> RE: What to do about Pennywise (12/4/2009 5:27:08 PM)

I think Paddy Considine could do a good job as Pennywise, but Sam Rockwell is a good choice too.

Mr Terrific -> RE: What to do about Pennywise (14/4/2009 8:49:06 PM)

Let Tech Noir direct it in a few years time.

Tech_Noir -> RE: What to do about Pennywise (14/4/2009 8:56:39 PM)

quote:

Let Tech Noir direct it in a few years time.

Tech Noir won't be directing anything anymore. [:(]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI