Exclusive: Malick's Tree Of Life (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Malick's Tree Of Life (3/3/2009 8:31:20 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Snake-Eyes -> Oh please.... (3/3/2009 8:31:20 AM)

.... "It's not Jurassic Park" - yeah, we're too cool for that now aren't we? Get to Fuck Terence Malick! I want back those precious hours I wasted watching that whack-shite 'Thin Red Line' - Motherfucker could'nt direct a Seagull to the coast.

boredbluekoala -> MALICK-GOOD REP, DODGY OUTPUT...... (3/3/2009 8:43:51 AM)

Badlands and Days of Heaven are both interesting films but rarely make any top 100 lists, The New World is a complete mess and The Thin Red Line probably would be better regarded if Mr Spielberg hadn't made a far superior WW2 pic the same year. This Project sounds like something Kubrick would have pondered over (for years!)

Old_Pyrate -> (3/3/2009 10:36:42 AM)

We should also remember that Golden Compass had the worst special effects that year, so despite the gold statuette on his shelf, interviews with Mr Fink do not inspire much confidence. And I'm sick of films being sold on the quality of special effects. Which LoTR film had the least special effects? Fellowship. Which one was the best? Fellowship.

wooz -> (3/3/2009 11:02:37 AM)

This is excellent news!

shanewire -> Pretty up his own arse... (3/3/2009 11:15:32 AM)

for a guy who's biggest achievment was making cartoon polar bears in a shite movie. When the fuck did it become so shameful to be compared to Jurrasic Park? I'd be fucking delighted t obe compared to Jurrasic Park!

mafyou -> Any Malick is good Malick (3/3/2009 11:50:43 AM)

Well this was one of my most anticipated films of this year (or next depends how long Malick edits this) and this is just cranking up that excitement. I would watch anything that Malick makes. Every film he has made has been superb.

riothejedi -> (3/3/2009 2:43:19 PM)

It sounds like Walking with Dinosaurs, which has, er, already been made.

THE_Simon -> Walking With Dinosaurs (3/3/2009 3:41:47 PM)

Since the BBC helped fund the above project, dinosaurs can't really be taken as spectacle anymore. I have never felt the same sensation as I felt when I first saw Jurassic Park. Now all dinosaur related projects are just variations of the same thing. Can Malick provide awe-inspiring views of pre-historic life? Doubt it...

Jason Abbey -> RE: MALICK-GOOD REP, DODGY OUTPUT...... (3/3/2009 8:37:11 PM)

Snake_Eyes you are the Flava Flav of film criticism, and that is not a good thing.

burtbondy -> his older world (4/3/2009 9:47:10 PM)

The new world should get more respect. Its a fine film, even on its 3d viewing. How bale was instantly likable when he tried stealing smiths girl is remarkable. Even my girlfriend thought so.
Although is style is becoming a little predictable.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI