Exclusive: Inglourious Basterds Posters (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Inglourious Basterds Posters (20/2/2009 8:40:28 AM)

Post your comments on this article

darjeelingmike -> Amazing posters, but... (20/2/2009 8:40:29 AM)

It's just rather worrying to me when the posters for your film are better looking and more entertaining than the trailer. This is inspired poster art, particularly the third with the title inscribed on the gun. However, I have to say it sets the tone of the film right off what I was expecting. I know it's a war film and was gonna be pretty bloody but this makes it look like a full on SAVING PRIVATE RYAN MEETS HALLOWEEN affair. I am worried QT. I am very worried indeed...

boredbluekoala -> BUT WILL IT BE READY IN TIME FOR CANNES?..... (20/2/2009 8:55:25 AM)

And if so, will it be all ONE movie or split like the last two efforts? (yes I know Kill Bill was way too long, and I'm well aware that QT only directed the first part of the Grindhouse experience, but you understand my point huh?)

gavoconnor -> HMMMMMMMM............ (20/2/2009 9:00:38 AM)

think the first one is my favourite.love the nazi badge on the helmet.

captainrentboy -> RE: HMMMMMMMM............ (20/2/2009 9:25:07 AM)

Why is big fat Harry Knowles over on AICN getting very excited that he's been give access to ONE of these posters, God they're behind the times over there.

CHUFFSTER -> The`knife`poster (20/2/2009 10:47:34 AM)

Will attract hundreds of complaints from `furious`MPS etc,given the climate we currently live in!

richCie -> RE: The`knife`poster (20/2/2009 11:17:40 AM)

im well looking forward to this now, the trailer was hilarious and this really is shaping up to be a return to form for tarintino. roll on August.

adambatman82 -> RE: The`knife`poster (20/2/2009 11:29:54 AM)

love them, really really nice. loving the tagline too.

VijayUK -> (20/2/2009 12:35:26 PM)

Nice posters, however it's the 'new film by Quentin Tarantino' quote that concerns me in the same way 'Deathproof' was the ''5th film by Quentin Tarantino' ....and turned out pretty bad./

stevos -> Violence. Eli Roth. (20/2/2009 1:14:47 PM)

Reminds me of the Hostel 2 posters. Same style. Uh oh...

VijayUK -> (20/2/2009 2:20:03 PM)

Just to add (re. the actual film) - style over content is never a good thing. However if QT can maybe merge both together, IB could be worth waiting for.

lona_no_friends -> Am I The Only One... (20/2/2009 3:16:03 PM)

...Thats really beginning to get the impression Eli Roth's having a bit of an influence over QT? I hope to God Im wrong, but having cast him in this film, I wonder if Roth gave QT a few suggestions. These posters, as I believe someone has already mentioned, hint at the aesthetic of the Hostel films (aka, two of the worst films EVER), and Im genuinely worried that this film is going to be about violence and on-screen shocks, rather than the clever, stylish and deep QT films of the 90s. Death Proof anyone?

nikhils -> Scribble (20/2/2009 6:45:38 PM)

If I am not mistaken, the scribble on the gun poster is the same as the scribble on the title page of the screenplay.

ondara73 -> posters (20/2/2009 8:20:23 PM)

really cool posters,but im telling you now..the one with the knife with never see the light of day in england!

jordan fuller -> Please be good! (21/2/2009 1:18:32 AM)

I so hope this film is good i love QTs films but Death proof was a bit disappointing and i hope this one isn't.The trailer looks good though so here's hoping!

durelius -> posters (21/2/2009 8:14:11 PM)

Like the posters, like others have said not sure these will see life on the bus shelters etc in this country as they do indicate violence. Made my own poster after watching the teaser, turned out nothing like these.
http://private-tee.deviantart.com/art/Inglorious-112917633

goncalofonseca -> RE: Exclusive: Inglourious Basterds Posters (21/2/2009 8:55:09 PM)

lona_no_friends has a point. And I really hope she is not right. Because QT is a brilliant filmmaker, one of the best. I think death proof was a break of QT from the "serious" movies. I think he did death proof for fun. And Inglorious basterds is surely not the case. he is preparing this for a long time and I think he is putting everything in this movie. From the trailer and from the posters we can already tell he is not worried about "selling" the movie to the academy. And that is a very good thing. He is an auteur. He doesn't have to be worried about satisfying anyone because he already proved his value. The only one I can remember doing this well was David Fincher this year with Benjamin. He sold the movie to the academy and did a fucking good job. Eli Roth is a million miles away from QT and I think QT is smart enough to see this. They only share common interests in a theme that is violence. I think QT treats violence very well, and I hope he will remain that way.

Halo14 -> FANtastic (23/2/2009 10:45:04 AM)

Wow!!! This looks great. Can't wait to see this!!!!!!!!

knave -> hmmmm... hope its actually good (23/2/2009 7:11:53 PM)

Kill Bill was good, but bloated, and Deathproof was just a load of self-indulgent wank. Lets face it- Tarantino hasn't done anything remotely near Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs since the former's release. I really really hope this one is good, because his films these days are so hyped up, and generally fail to live up to expectations.

tbtbtb -> Great Posters ! (5/3/2009 6:14:17 PM)

Hi !
Great and interesting posters this movie have.
Watch Inglourious Basterds trailer on:
http://www.inglouriousbasterds.info/trailer.html

Also you can find there more information and media of the movie.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI