Anvil! The Story Of Anvil (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Anvil! The Story Of Anvil (9/2/2009 8:32:31 PM)

Post your comments on this article

boriordan -> 4 star/5 star? (9/2/2009 8:32:31 PM)

Haven't seen this yet but did notice the poster has Empire giving it 4 stars. Why does it happen so often that the reviews here are different to posters and trailers? It can't be that difficult to get right.

biglad72 -> how can we see it?? (25/2/2009 3:37:18 PM)

right this movie has had loads of press and quite a few adverts in empire but WHY is it only showing in only 4 cinemas across the uk.was really looking forward to seeing it too.

The Fella -> Worth seeking out (26/2/2009 9:19:45 PM)

Saw this last night in London, and it really is a fantastic and moving film. I thought it would more about the laughs, but actually it is in places very sad, and conveys the strength of human spirit.

Yes, it does have many laugh out loud moments, but I was also close to tears a couple of times, and felt a real part of the bands life.

Even if you are not a fan of 80's metal, this film is a must for anyone who loves a solid human tale.

Groovy Mule -> RE: Worth seeking out (27/2/2009 12:33:19 AM)

Anvil! The Story of Anvil (2008) Gervasi 9/10

I have no interest in heavy metal music but this film was in equal parts hilarious and touchingly sad. Featuring Lips and the impossibly named drummer, Robb Reiner, this film charts the attempts of Anvil to live the dream as rock gods.  It works because the director genuinely cares about the characters in this rockumentary and isn't there to take cheap shots or sarcastic laughs.  As a result, the laughs feel funnier and the emotions run deeper.  There are nice hints to This is Spinal Tap! throughout but this is the real thing.

Likely to be difficult to get find for a lot of peopleas it is unlikely to showing in many cinemas but it is a gem.

PaulJohn -> MEEEEEETAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!! (12/7/2009 11:08:19 PM)

One of my favourite films of 2009 and one of the best documentaries i've seen.

I'm glad the band are now getting some level of success after 20 years. Long Live ANVIL!!!!!!

PureAinmhi -> (13/8/2009 11:20:58 AM)

Absolutely fantastic documentary. Watch it!! You don't even have to be a fan of heavy metal to appreciate just how good this documentary is.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI