Day-Lewis and Del Toro Love Silence (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Day-Lewis and Del Toro Love Silence (2/2/2009 8:19:34 AM)

Post your comments on this article

LeonardShelby -> Amazing! (2/2/2009 8:19:34 AM)

This is going to be FANTASTIC. I've been keeping tabs on this project for a while now, I've read a few interviews where he talks about it very passionatley so we know he's going to put a lot into this one! I think he even wrote a foreword to one of the reprints of the book, now that's love! The casting of Del Toro and Day Lewis especially is amazing news, The Age of Innocence is one of my favourite movies and one of Scorsese's most underrated. Lewis' performance in Gangs of New York (or any film for that matter) shows the two can certainly conjure up some amazing work. Cannot wait, I think my bowels are going to explode i'm that excited. I may watch Kundun today, seems a good choice!

discodave101 -> Entourage (2/2/2009 9:18:43 AM)

Don't forget Vincent Chase is in this too. :-)

Taz69 -> Expect another Moustacheoed performance by DDL (2/2/2009 10:35:05 AM)

Both in Gangs of New York and There Will Be Blood his characters were just shy of that silent movie villain that ties an innocent girl to the railway tracks and twirls his pointy moustache. DDL with a 'Tache = awards'a'plenty so expect the same with Silence.

eoghanb -> (2/2/2009 11:43:17 AM)

What's happening with I Heard You Paint Houses, the film Scorsese and Bobby D were supposed to reunite for? This does sound promising but to be honest I'd still rather see Houses first (although this delay does mean they have more time to convince Joe Pesci to come out of retirement). As for Silence, one can't help but breath a sigh of relief Leonardo's name isn't mentioned...

adambatman82 -> RE: Day-Lewis and Del Toro Love Silence (2/2/2009 2:27:23 PM)

i cant wait for this, i absolutely adore the original film. heres hoping he casts leonardo as the young priest, with day lewis as his predecessor.

BlueBalls -> RE: Day-Lewis and Del Toro Love Silence (2/2/2009 3:38:07 PM)

Just like the article says "lock up your Oscars"

Sounds like a very interesting film.

Scabby -> RE: Day-Lewis and Del Toro Love Silence (2/2/2009 3:44:50 PM)

Who's Di Caprio playing in this then?

adambatman82 -> RE: Day-Lewis and Del Toro Love Silence (2/2/2009 3:44:58 PM)

as much as i would like to see dicaprio play the younger priest, based on the article i would expect that gael will be playing the you him, with day lewis as the older one. perhaps del toro is the older one tho?! i give up.

adambatman82 -> RE: Day-Lewis and Del Toro Love Silence (2/2/2009 3:47:33 PM)

this is the original film adaptation. --
http://eurekavideo.co.uk/moc/catalogue/silence/

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI