Pixar Making John Carter of Mars Trilogy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Pixar Making John Carter of Mars Trilogy (9/1/2009 7:05:01 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Ethanial -> Some gems in there (9/1/2009 7:05:01 PM)

Seriously looking forward to Adventureland and Black Dynamite, but there's some I completely forgot about after years of development, glad to see fruition does happen, will definitely be watching some of these when they finally come out direct to DVD in four years time...

kumar -> (9/1/2009 9:46:28 PM)

zombie nazi soldiers. sold.

there are a couple of good lookers in there, but what is the sundance ffetival, where is it and how much is it?

Acho -> Ooh, Ooh, Ooh! (10/1/2009 4:23:46 AM)

I wish I was going to Sundance! I didn't think Black Dynamite was going anywhere other than straight to DVD, but I guess an awesome trailer does wonders! I look forward to hearing about the films that we'll be hearing about over the next year.

And what's with the title of this thread? Pixar Making John Carter of Mars Trilogy?!

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

there are a couple of good lookers in there, but what is the sundance ffetival, where is it and how much is it?

Sundance is a film festival which focuses on independent films, although it's a very big festival in its own right. It was founded by Robert Redford (hence the name) and its known for lots of 'indie' films being discovered there, which go on to great things. It's on in Utah, in western America. It tends to be very cold and snowy up there, so lots of relaxed-looking photo shoots with cast in coats and scarves! I've no idea of costs, I've never been, but I'd imagine that like any festival, it's as expensive as you make it - mo' films, mo' money! [:D]

Pigeon Army -> RE: Ooh, Ooh, Ooh! (10/1/2009 5:54:01 AM)

All those films, and yet not one mention of Paul Giamatti's superb-looking Cold Souls. For shame.

Still, nothing beats Black Dynamite. [:D]

hellboy22 -> (10/1/2009 9:53:14 AM)

I thought Wesley Snipes was in Prison?

richCie -> RE: (10/1/2009 11:50:04 AM)

i thought this was getting massively boycotted? cos of the anit-gay rights bill being passedor sumin. i can't remember the specifics but there were alot of calls for it to be moved elsewhere.

ahe here we go:

http://www.littlewhitelies.co.uk/blog/sundance-festival-to-face-boycott/

I love you Phillip Moriss could be good, World's Greatest Dad sounds nuts, and after watching Insomnia last night i;m interested at the inclusion of Robin Williams, The Informers sounds good (i ahev the book; perhaps i should read it...), Moon i'm really excited about (Sam Rockwell and Kevin Spacey? YES MATE) Bronson i've been excited about for AGES, In The Loop has great potential,although i ahvent watched a whole lot of In The Thick Of IT it is hilarious, 5 Minutes of Heaven has good potential, but i'm worried with the cast, and strangely enough Mary and Max intrigues me but i wonder at how it'd work as a feature (looks and sounds like it could be a short)

thats my personal selection

BabsyBuck -> New York I Love You (10/1/2009 12:58:11 PM)

Need I say anymore, just some of the stars that are in it!

Shia Labeouf
Robin Wright Penn
Kevin Bacon
Orlando Bloom
Blake Lively
Ethan Hawke
Maggie Q
Rachel Bilson
Al Pacino
Hayden Christensen
James Caan..

darjeelingmike -> 500 Days Of Summer (10/1/2009 4:10:08 PM)

Is the one for me although well over half of those films sound amazing! I always love learning of new under the radar films and Sundance surprises and amazes me every year and I will be sure to see all of these films before the year is out. But the No 1 for me is 500 Days Of Summer. I absolutely love Zooey Deschanel, she is incredible and Gordon Levitt is really coming into his own now with the brilliance if Brick and The Lookout and I have been excited about this film since I heard about it halfway through last year. I think 2009 is gonna be an amazing year for film! I wish I was going to Sundance but I don't know where to get tickets or how much they cost :(

Doctor Batman -> (10/1/2009 4:46:10 PM)

Although I'm not going, I anticipate Dead Snow, I Love You Phillip Morris, World’s Greatest Dad, Moon, An Education, In The Loop, Brooklyn’s Finest and Mary and Max when they are released generally. Kepp us informed, Damo!

nutteronabus -> RE: (10/1/2009 10:48:01 PM)

Nice to finally see In the Loop getting some attention - it's my most anticipated film of 2009, and has been for quite some time!

Thanks for that lovely new still, Empire!

Keeves -> Shorts... (11/1/2009 2:56:00 AM)

There's a short playing called 'James' which has won a couple of awards on other festival circuits. The guy who did this short this was his dissertation piece for the MA programme at Queens University last year-no one imagined that it would get this much attention! It's a lovely short about a young kid whose trying to come to terms with his sexuality and is unable to get any help or support. For the time and effort the director put into it it deserves some amount of recognition.

Jimjams -> Main Man Black Dynamite! (11/1/2009 8:24:35 PM)

I'm very surprised there hasn't been more coverage of Black Dynamite on this site. It's creating a lot of buzz elsewhere.

Just to get things going, check out the trailer:

http://www.blackdynamite.com/

Be warned, NSFW, but with a trailer this good, you can stick it to the Man!

Hingway Films -> (12/1/2009 10:57:04 AM)

For me the best thing was the Ooh rating system. Goodbye five stars.

rayhiggins -> RE: (14/1/2009 11:45:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hingway Films

For me the best thing was the Ooh rating system. Goodbye five stars.

I'll admit to a chuckle or two on seeing those too, although that may have had something to do with his expression.

bojangles1971 -> (15/1/2009 1:46:24 PM)

Who is Damon Wise anyway?

pete_traynor -> Errrr... (16/1/2009 3:59:39 PM)

What! Unless my eyes deceive me (apologies if they have) the Warriors seem to be absent from this run down. Shouldn’t they be number 1?

gallus -> The Warriors #1??? (17/1/2009 12:24:56 AM)

No way! No remake deserves the number 1 spot for anything. Besides, it's only been announced and it's set for 2010, not 2009.

gallus -> Moon (17/1/2009 12:31:04 AM)

Starring Sam Rockwell with Sam Rockwell co-starring? Weird...

discodave101 -> Worlds Greatest Dad (19/1/2009 3:02:53 PM)

That has to be the funniest Synopsis I've ever read about a film. Wish I could've seen him pitching that one to the sponsors!

Stephen Done -> Vandemonium (30/1/2009 2:09:50 PM)

It has to be the explanaton for his dopey name in Hard Target. When Yancy Butlers character asks why he is called 'Chance' he replies: "Because my momma, she took one...". What a film. Altogether now..."Whats it like to be hunted?"

davrosink -> Freddy vs Jason (13/2/2009 1:47:47 PM)

What was wrong with Freddy vs Jason, yeah the teenagers were canon fodder & you don't care about them but it did what it said in the tin FREDDY VS JASON. At last we got to see two of the biggest baddest going head to head in a entertaining fight unlike other VERSUS franchise *ahem A vs P*

It's also first & only time you see Jason getting a jumbo size can of whoop ass opened up on him (did you notice him crawling away when Freddy was slicing into his back)

Isn't it "ki, ki, ki, Ma, Ma, Ma" meant to symbolise the disembodied voice of Jason urging hos mother to kill

davrosink -> Freddy vs Jason (13/2/2009 1:58:13 PM)

What was wrong with Freddy vs Jason, yeah the teenagers were canon fodder & you don't care about them but it did what it said in the tin FREDDY VS JASON. At last we got to see two of the biggest baddest going head to head in a entertaining fight unlike other VERSUS franchise *ahem A vs P*

It's also first & only time you see Jason getting a jumbo size can of whoop ass opened up on him (did you notice him crawling away when Freddy was slicing into his back)

Isn't it "ki, ki, ki, Ma, Ma, Ma" meant to symbolise the disembodied voice of Jason urging hos mother to kill

f1r3starter -> old article (19/2/2009 12:37:49 PM)

Reposting old Empire Magazine articles? News is slow these days!

BabsyBuck -> (24/9/2009 9:57:16 PM)

Logan Lerman = YUMMY!

mentat72 -> There still hasn't been an outright good game-to-film adaptation (29/1/2010 2:13:13 PM)

I beg to differ, I think 'War Games' did a magnificent job of 'bigging-up' noughts and crosses.

JNoble -> What about (29/1/2010 2:15:39 PM)

Nick Love's OUTLAW?

That said, I can understand people forgetting about it. Wish I could

Timon -> The Sure Thing (21/4/2010 11:22:33 AM)

That is all.

rubbish monkey -> You're so wrong (21/4/2010 11:58:29 AM)

Not having True Romance in the list is just pants on the head retarded. It’s the ultimate love story between a comic book geek (who just happens to look like a young Jack Nicholson) and the world’s sweetest hooker. Throw in a young Tony Soprano, Brad Pitt’s best ever performance, Gary Oldman as a crazed Rasta pimp and the coolest ever face off between two of cinema’s top weirdoes – and tell me. Am I lying?

nKutzler -> (2/3/2012 5:18:15 PM)

Whoever decided to put Sherlock Holmes on, just stop that sh*t right now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI