Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

DJ Satan -> Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 2:25:28 PM)

Do you twitter?

I've recently got into it and it's great fun. Halfway between blogging and Instant Messaging.

I've just found the public feed and it's fascinating to read.
http://twitter.com/public_timeline

Here are some of today's most intriguing tweets. Post any you find here.

Hey Sweetheart....Take care of the pig :-) xo

There's a van outside

I can row 5 km. Can you?

finally! white teeth are eating me! yay!

Off to work now. Oh flickety-flocking joy.

it was the middle of alaska

When is the funeral? And how do you know YOUR laptop is going toward the light?

Windows 7 Beta Available Today: For any Windows lover or enthusiast, which their might not be too many of left

maakt ......waterschapsbelasting over.......verontreinigingsheffing tw 5,25 per maand

ohnee, dat was 3001! 3000 ging naar

I know it sounds small, but for a brand new and very first ever workshop, it was great

OTOH, Python has an else clause on loops. Perfect when falling through a for loop after not having found what you want and broken out of it.

it is a little screwed at the minute

Mad woman sitting next to me (not Harman) trying to strike up conversation by staring. I'm pretending to be engrossed in phone.

Meeting Syd today for lunch at Ferry Farm Elementary. She wants McDonald's, again. I don't like McDonald's, but it's about her not me.

I don't know why Chileans even have clocks or wear watches...seriously.

Stewie_Griffin -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 2:30:53 PM)

[sm=huh.gif]

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 2:35:13 PM)

A friend of mine uses it regularly and noticed this over christmas - The job of operating Tower Bridge seems incredibly exciting......

http://twitter.com/towerbridge

[:D]

Stewie_Griffin -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 2:37:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

A friend of mine uses it regularly and noticed this over christmas - The job of operating Tower Bridge seems incredibly exciting......

It's like that scene from The Shining, when Shelley Duvall has found out that all Jack Nicholson had been writing is "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

Harley Quinn -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 2:39:14 PM)

quote:

My god how do they cope with the excitement? [:D]

richCie -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 2:53:08 PM)

thats immense. but why does only one boat ever go up and down the thames?

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 2:59:56 PM)

If you go back further richCie you'll notice different boats [:D]

geekpenguin -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 4:19:53 PM)

Yeah, I use twitter loads. Only started up an account about a month ago, but now I love it. I tweet a lot, which probably isn't a good thing! But I've gotten lots of contacts through it - it's a good way to network, particularly if you're into web-based stuff or designing or developing. That, and it's something to do when you're bored :P.

DJ Satan -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 4:26:06 PM)

I've been celeb stalking on it. Jonathan Ross is quite talkative.

Monkeyshaver -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 4:28:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Well then Twitter ain't for this hombre, if its one of his hang outs, whatever the fuck Twitter is!!

DJ Satan -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 4:36:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeyshaver

quote:

Well then Twitter ain't for this hombre, if its one of his hang outs, whatever the fuck Twitter is!!

I did say all the cool kids are doing it so I wouldn't expect you to join. [:D]

Monkeyshaver -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 4:37:37 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I take that as a compliment...[sm=tongueout.gif]

geekpenguin -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 4:57:22 PM)

I can't say I "celeb stalked" him, but Stephen Fry and I reciprocated each other's Twitter following.

richCie -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 5:00:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geekpenguin

I can't say I "celeb stalked" him, but Stephen Fry and I reciprocated each other's Twitter following.

that is cool.
very very cool.

and hobbitonlass, funnily enough i didnt get past the first page :P
i did click some of the links on the right hand side of satellites and stuff. they were just as breathtaking.

Acho -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (9/1/2009 5:09:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stewie_Griffin

quote:

It's like that scene from The Shining, when Shelley Duvall has found out that all Jack Nicholson had been writing is "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

That's exactly what it's like! That Tower Bridge is pretty hilarious in its own way; it could become compulsive viewing!

Pigeon Army -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (10/1/2009 11:52:10 AM)

quote:

theju i thought the whales were an endangered species but off late i have been finding lots of them of twitter :-P less than 5 seconds ago from web

Hood_Man -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (10/1/2009 1:20:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I take that as a compliment...[sm=tongueout.gif]

Non-conformity!!

clare_star_ -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (10/1/2009 6:00:10 PM)

I joined Twitter and at first found it quite odd but now am strangely addicted to it. It's kind of like the Facebook status update option but none of my relatives "follow" me on Twitter so I can actually say how I feel rather than my usual PG responses.

I do worry about the fact I want to keep strangers updated as to my current status however, it is an easy way to get chatting to people.

With the growing number of celebs doing it I expect there will be a surge in numbers - Jonathan Ross appears to be outing all the fake celebs which saves everyone else a job, John Cleese and Stephen Fry are pretty funny and if you are a Heroes fan Brea Grant, Greg Grunberg and David H Lawrence are all on there.

captain jack harknes -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (11/1/2009 2:59:29 AM)

I joined this week but nobody I know is on there so I'm finding it pretty boring tbh.  Its Emily Jenkins if anyone wants to follow my tweets! :)

DJ Satan -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (11/1/2009 12:43:10 PM)

If you don't know anyone just start stalking celebrities.

JohnCleese
Stephenfry
Wossy - Jonathan Ross
neilhimself - Neil Gaiman
warrenellis

and the most important one -
Bums-on-Seats - Twitter sized film reviews.

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (11/1/2009 4:50:15 PM)

quote:

If you don't know anyone just start stalking celebrities.

JohnCleese
Stephenfry
Wossy - Jonathan Ross
neilhimself - Neil Gaiman
warrenellis

Are Neil and Warren celebrities? Granted what they talk about is guaranteed to be more interesting, but...

richCie -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (11/1/2009 10:03:51 PM)

omg! the tower bridge opened for maintanance lift!!
the MV DixieQuenn isnt there anymore!
wheres it gone? i HAve to know. updates here: http://twitter.com/towerbridge

steffols -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (25/1/2009 5:38:16 PM)

I just started this after seeing this thread. Its good if youre a nosy person like me hehe

Follow me!  Stephanie Drysdale

Rhubarb -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (25/1/2009 5:43:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I just started this after seeing this thread. Its good if youre a nosy person like me hehe

Follow me!  Stephanie Drysdale

*follows*

steffols -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (25/1/2009 5:56:38 PM)

I hope you are one of the two strangers who are following me [sm=augen14.gif]

Rhubarb -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (25/1/2009 5:59:21 PM)

Now your following me, which means we're going in circles?

steffols -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (25/1/2009 6:10:16 PM)

What one are you?!  Oh hold on, are you searching through your DVDs?

Amelie_Scotland -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (25/1/2009 6:13:42 PM)

I've got it solely for totally legal Fry stalking. I'm Ceilidhann if anyone's interested.

Rhubarb -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (25/1/2009 6:15:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

What one are you?!  Oh hold on, are you searching through your DVDs?

Yes I am. [:D] Perhaps I ought to have a more Empire friendly username.

The other person is a mystery I guess [:)]

steffols -> RE: Twitter - All the cool kids are doing it! (25/1/2009 6:19:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amelie_Scotland

I've got it solely for totally legal Fry stalking. I'm Ceilidhann if anyone's interested.

*follows*

Rubidoux, the other guy has like 10 000 followers so hes obviously quite popular!

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI