RE: Jaws (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

adamdavey -> RE: Jaws (24/7/2007 1:23:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Jaws 4 is the funniest film ever made....................

amen to that.....

the reason why 4 is better than the original, is because the Shark roars in the fourth instalment

mayor vaughn -> RE: Jaws (27/7/2007 8:51:41 PM)

It`s on ITV1 this Saturday night.
Sat. 28th July

jonson -> RE: Jaws (28/7/2007 9:07:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mayor vaughn

Sat. 28th July

And despite having a regular edition, the 25th Anniversary and the 30th Anniversary, you just goodam know I'm going to watch it complete with advert breaks [:D]

DazDaMan -> RE: Jaws (28/7/2007 10:28:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: mayor vaughn

Sat. 28th July

And despite having a regular edition, the 25th Anniversary and the 30th Anniversary, you just goodam know I'm going to watch it complete with advert breaks [:D]

Me too! [:D]

Chopper -> RE: Jaws (10/2/2008 9:51:09 AM)

IMDB User Rating: 8.3/10 - Won 3 Oscars. Another 9 wins & 13 nominations

"Amity Island had everything. Clear skies. Gentle surf. Warm water. People flocked there every summer. It was the perfect feeding ground."

For me this film ticks all the boxes. Great acting, brilliant cinematography, brilliant writing and an unforgettable cast and crew. I never get bored of it. Ok, so the shark looked a bit dodgy, I'd rather have that than today's cgi. It's a feel good movie, more of an adventure than a horror and Quint is the dogs do-dars! Even the back storey made a big seller (The Jaws Log) and a brilliant read. Watch the 2hr dvd documentary, it's great.

I always remember watching this when I was young and when they went out to sea I was crapping myself.

Looking forward to seeing The Shark is Still Working .

We don't need a remake.

"I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!”

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Jaws_photo.JPG[/image]

Chopper -> RE: Jaws (11/2/2008 7:20:29 AM)

RIP Roy Scheider [:(]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7238211.stm

DazDaMan -> RE: Jaws (11/2/2008 12:26:10 PM)

Even though I don't normally need an excuse to watch Jaws, I shall definitely be watching tonight....

Anglachel -> RE: Jaws (11/2/2008 3:19:52 PM)

R.I.P. Roy Sheider!! [&o]

8.3 rating on IMDB??? People is SO stingy.
To hell ratings!!

Timon -> RE: Jaws (11/2/2008 3:22:18 PM)

Slow ahead. I can go slow ahead. Why don't you come down here and chum some of this shit!

DAVID GILLESPIE -> RE: Jaws (11/2/2008 4:48:45 PM)

I only got around to watching Jaws on the box a couple of days ago and still find myself gripped watching it. Apart from some dodgy clothes and haircuts this still is one powerhouse of a shocker.
The final quarter is magnificent. Everyone knows they should have kept it to one movie.
I still feel gutted for that woman with the bad perm that looses her son. The camera does not pull away from him getting chomped. I still cringe when Flint slithers down the boat, screaming for his life. A blockbuster that delivers big time.

jonson -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 7:33:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DAVID GILLESPIE

I still cringe when Flint slithers down the boat, screaming for his life.

[:D]

WilliamMunny -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 9:04:07 AM)

quote:

quote:

Oh dear[sm=34.gif]

Well i watched Jaws last night, and it's just as brilliant as ever.

Timon -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 9:48:07 AM)

I watched it last night as well. Still as brilliant as ever. Hooper is still my favorite character, bless him.

"Ha, they're all going to die......."

Jessica_ca_ca_ca -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 11:48:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I watched it last night as well. Still as brilliant as ever. Hooper is still my favorite character, bless him.

"Ha, they're all going to die......."

Mine too. I think I fell in love with Dreyfuss after that.

"Mary Ellen Moffat. She broke my heart."

I think I might watch it tonight...

DAVID GILLESPIE -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 12:39:47 PM)

quote:

quote:

Easy folks. Humble apologies and awe that. Reckon I've been watchin too many James Coburn movies.

PROTOZOA -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 6:53:04 PM)

quote:

I'm going home to watch it now.
Unfortunately in last years poll, Jaws only managed 11th place, which is quite shocking. Surely a Top 10 in everyone's book?
We need to push it up people.[:)]

Goddamnit no! There are better films out there than effing Jaws.

Porrohman -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 8:39:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PROTOZOA

quote:

Unfortunately in last years poll, Jaws only managed 11th place, which is quite shocking. Surely a Top 10 in everyone's book?

There`s always one f*****g hero!
Why even post here????

PROTOZOA -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 9:56:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porrohman

quote:

quote:

There`s always one f*****g hero!
Why even post here????

I am the valiant sorcerer of truth.

DazDaMan -> RE: Jaws (12/2/2008 11:07:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

Get out.

jonson -> RE: Jaws (13/2/2008 8:24:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

quote:

quote:

Get out.

[:D] simple but effective.

Watched an hour of Jaws last night (had the dancing pick-up run [:@]) and despite the fact I watched it about 2 months ago ( and possibly at least once or twice a year since I was little) it stilll has me on the edge of my seat.
I know Roy Scheider is remembered for many films other than Jaws (Marathon Man being a personal favourite) but I honestly don't think he could have played Chief Brody any better.

Jessica_ca_ca_ca -> RE: Jaws (13/2/2008 9:05:24 AM)

I watched it last night and had my baby niece who was absolutely hooked to it (good taste!) sitting on my lap. When the infamous "head" comes floating out at Hooper, she jumped! [:D] She was trembling with excitement. It was so cute.

Timon -> RE: Jaws (13/2/2008 9:17:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I watched it last night and had my baby niece who was absolutely hooked to it (good taste!) sitting on my lap. When the infamous "head" comes floating out at Hooper, she jumped! [:D] She was trembling with excitement. It was so cute.

I think we can now write her off as being afraid of the water for the rest of her days.

You're a mean aunt.

Jessica_ca_ca_ca -> RE: Jaws (13/2/2008 9:30:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

I think we can now write her off as being afraid of the water for the rest of her days.

You're a mean aunt.

Well, she already has a nice aunt. I've got to be a bit different.

DazDaMan -> RE: Jaws (13/2/2008 12:55:47 PM)

quote:

When the infamous "head" comes floating out at Hooper, she jumped! [:D] 

I always have trouble with that scene.  Not because it's scary (which it is, obviously), but because seeing that first takes away the impact of seeing ol' Brucey when he makes his appearance some twenty minutes later!  Spielberg got greedy for one more scare - he said so himself. 

If it had been me, I'd have put an arm in the hole, and when Hooper grabbed it, it would have come away in his hand, a la Jurassic Park..... [;)]

jonson -> RE: Jaws (13/2/2008 4:12:59 PM)

Even more scray if the arm had grabbed him [:D]

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Jaws (14/2/2008 8:07:28 AM)

Great film. Great. I remember i used to go to the local pool and they'd set up a big screen and we'd watch it. About 50 people or so. I used to dive under the water and grab peoples legs. Absoluetly shat themselves [:D][:D][:D]

sarahlouise -> RE: Jaws (14/2/2008 8:39:42 PM)

I watched Jaws the other night and really enjoyed it, definitely one of those films you can watch again and again, I always jump at the head in the boat, the music is brilliant and the three main characters are excellent. Looking forward to watch the 30th anniversary doc next, should be good.

john25 -> RE: Jaws (2/4/2008 1:58:05 AM)

I  was never into Jaws as a kid and hadn't watched it for about ten years until last year, when I decided that I'd better give it another chance. Well fuck me, it jumped straight into my top five all time favs. It  is one of the most competent pieces of film making that I've ever seen. The story rocks. The characters are great, the suspense is amazing and I truly believe that it  is the benchmmark that you can hold all Spielberg films too (even Shindlers List and  Munich).

jonson -> RE: Jaws (27/6/2008 9:33:33 AM)

Jaws Exhibition in Liverpool throughout August. A must for fans of the movie.
I'm hoping to go on opening night on Thursday but may stump for Saturday if a few people can make it.
Either way it's on all month, will be brilliant and I'll buy anyone a beer who talks to me. [:D]

http://www.artinliverpool.com/index.php/shops/microzine/148-microzine/629-microzine-jaws

jonson -> RE: Jaws (4/8/2008 8:09:41 AM)

Went to the Jaws exhibition on Saturday afternoon. A good 5 hour round trip but it was well worth it.
Here's a couple of photos I took while there:-

[image]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/jonson_bucket/Firstpics2005b.jpg[/image]

[image]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/jonson_bucket/Firstpics2004b.jpg[/image]

[image]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/jonson_bucket/Firstpics2003b.jpg[/image]

[image]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/jonson_bucket/Firstpics2002b.jpg[/image]

Grabbed a T-shirt and mug on the way out, my favourite exhibit possibly being the Jaws skateboard as seen here:-

[image]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/jonson_bucket/Firstpics2006b.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI