RE: Urban is Dredd? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Marwood -> RE: Urban is Dredd? (22/7/2010 8:59:21 AM)

Urban's name has cropped up a few times in the mill so I'd treat that as a recycled rumour....however I like the idea so if any truth in it then he's not a bad choice at all.

morg1138 -> RE: Urban is Dredd? (29/7/2010 7:15:06 AM)

Some news over at Latino review about Doug jones looking to direct

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/duncan-jones-talks-about-source-code-and-judge-dredd-10666

Now that would be interesting!

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Urban is Dredd? (29/7/2010 8:32:12 AM)

Yeah but he's not though is he?

The guy who directed Vangtage Point is doing it aint he?

Timon -> RE: Urban is Dredd? (29/7/2010 8:46:52 AM)

Yeah Pete Travis is directing. I was about to post the same thing about Duncan Jones. That could have been cool.

Johnny_A -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (31/7/2010 4:59:24 PM)

Hope is good, but in this case it will be all for naught. Hope you guys have your Kleenax ready cuz you'll be spilling plenty of tears when this flick opens. Tears of utter sadness and screams of "Why!!!!"
:p

JA

Marwood -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (1/8/2010 11:07:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnny_A

Hope is good, but in this case it will be all for naught. Hope you guys have your Kleenax ready cuz you'll be spilling plenty of tears when this flick opens. Tears of utter sadness and screams of "Why!!!!"
:p

JA

Actually a small part of me thinks it's going to get binned before cameras roll. Not sure why, just have a feeling that it's going to fall apart.

Johnny_A -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (2/8/2010 6:54:10 PM)

This entire movie screams "B Movie Madness!!!!"
This could come and pass me by and I'll never notice it. There are just some movies that don't excite me and this is one of them. The makers that be will ruin all hopes and as a last ditch to make any cash, will quickly churn out dvds 2wks after the theatrical release.
If it's never made, consider it a blessing and a mercy kill. Some things should have never been, ala Lindsey Lohan (without her rack, her rack is fine lol).

The Hooded Man -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (11/8/2010 10:14:34 AM)

Apparently it's a bland script, the whole action takes place in one setting, ie one block, to keep the budget down.

Chief -> RE: Urban is Dredd? (11/8/2010 1:01:10 PM)

Hey, it worked for Reservoir Dogs & Phonebooth. What's to say it won't work for this?

I kid, it'll make the Stallone version look good.

danbo1138 -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (14/8/2010 9:56:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Apparently it's a bland script, the whole action takes place in one setting, ie one block, to keep the budget down.
Like Die Hard[:D],its got bike chases and shootouts,the blocks later on if the wispers are true.

livewire -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (14/8/2010 4:55:40 PM)

good news on karl Urban getting cast. looking forward to this film with muted optimism.

Gazz -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (14/8/2010 5:47:40 PM)

quote:

It worked for District 9 and since they've aquired the same crew I assume that's what they're going for. I read the first 10 pages of the script and pretty much loved it. I refuse to read anymore simply because I don't want to spoil myself.

And am I the only person here that actually likes the idea of a Die Hard meets Blade Runner type film!?

morg1138 -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (14/8/2010 5:56:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazz

quote:

It worked for District 9 and since they've aquired the same crew I assume that's what they're going for. I read the first 10 pages of the script and pretty much loved it. I refuse to read anymore simply because I don't want to spoil myself.

And am I the only person here that actually likes the idea of a Die Hard meets Blade Runner type film!?

I also like the idea!

Where has everyone got hold of the script?  I have searched but no luck, help?!

KeithM -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (14/8/2010 6:08:07 PM)

There's been no confirmation that the script was actually the script - it may have been an early draft or a complete fake.  Until we see the movie itself, or someone 'official' confirms it, there's no way to tell until we see the finished product.  One guy popped up with it out of nowhere, pushed it on every major (and probably minor) site on the internet (with no previous posts on any of them on which to judge his trustworthiness or otherwise), slagged it off  for being "Dredd Hard" (because it mostly takes place in a tower block) and people seem to have taken it at face value.

I recommend a pinch of salt, healthy dose of, and an open mind until we can judge for ourselves.

Gazz -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (14/8/2010 7:34:16 PM)

I did not know that. The first 10 pages are great though and I still like the premise! [:D]

The Hooded Man -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (16/8/2010 5:37:02 PM)

Not sure if this is old news but Urban's confirmed.

TheSpleen -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (16/8/2010 7:19:52 PM)

Somewhere in Hollywood, Rob Schneider is expecting a phone call.

morg1138 -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (16/8/2010 7:24:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

Somewhere in Hollywood, Rob Schneider is expecting a phone call.

[:D]

Marwood -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (17/8/2010 12:42:04 PM)

I like Urban in the role, still not sure how the concept will work out - it sounds quite a different approach for a Dredd film but smacks of budget slashing so its down to Travis and his team to paper over that and deliver something cool.

However I'm going out on a limb now - please no D9 docu feel or Bourne style shaky cam action: I'm sick of both in action films now. If Die Hard's a model for this new Dredd film then take notes and shoot/edit it old school so we can see what the hell is going on. I enjoyed The A-Team recently but got pissed off very quickly with the shaky cam action and it actually detracted from a lot of the action for me.

MarcE -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (17/8/2010 4:49:09 PM)

If it is remade like a comic book, I'm thinking Tank Girl and the original Punisher it could be quite good. Aside from Stallone wearing the outfit I didn't relate it to 2000AD.

darth silas -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (17/8/2010 7:00:01 PM)

This is looking good.Urban is a great actor and they say hes not going to take his helmet off.Hes capable of playing a hard bastard(see The Bourne Supremacy).The promise of hard R violence and the fact they are forgetting that Stallone film ever existed.

The Hooded Man -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (18/8/2010 4:06:42 PM)

I'm all for a more character driven take on the Dredd mythos so the low budget doesn't bother me, but the choice of director doesn't bode well plus the fact some have been v critical of the script. Fingers crossed.

KeithM -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (18/8/2010 6:51:39 PM)

quote:

...plus the fact some have been v critical of the script. Fingers crossed.

One person has been very critical - dreddhead123. The same person who 'discovered' the alleged script and spammed it all over the internet (there's been no confirmation or denial about its authenticity from anyone involved and it wasn't pulled down, so make up your own mind...).

Regardless, others who read it said it wasn't bad at all and Wagner himself seems happy with the actual script (happier than he was with the original anyway [:)]) and is still quite involved with the project, so again, make up your own mind. I haven't read it so can't comment either way.

Will keep an open mind until there's something concrete to judge it by.

mickdekard23 -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (23/8/2010 1:17:28 AM)

whether its good or bad, it will still shit all over the Stallone version... and if it doesn't, everybody involved should be banned from ever making another film ever again!

ConnietheConqueror -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (25/8/2010 3:53:49 PM)

While it's not normally my thing, I'll admit I would still get down to some serious girl on girl action with Diane Lane from the Stallone movie.

Marwood -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (26/8/2010 11:59:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ConnietheConqueror

While it's not normally my thing, I'll admit I would still get down to some serious girl on girl action with Diane Lane from the Stallone movie.

[sm=huh.gif]

Well....that kind of came out of nowhere.

Um, anyway - I was thinking about the Stallone attempt and it got me thinking....how the hell did we not get a Paul Verhoeven version in the 90s? It was pre-Showgirls so he still had the goods after massive hits like Total Recall and Basic Instinct and it seems to me like perfect fit of material and filmmaker.

The comic stories celebrated ultra-violence in a sci-fi setting which alternated between epic and intimate while also taking sly satirical jabs at contemporary society, using outlandish sci-fi stories to take the piss out of 20th century politics and social trends. Robocop and Total Recall share a lot of those same points and the later Starship Troopers did too so it's not like Paul totally turned his back on his early US hits. Ah well, the Dredd that could have been eh?

Plus Conni with Verhoeven at the helm you may well have had some Diane Lane girl-on-girl scenes [;)]

morg1138 -> RE: New Judge Dredd film greenlit (26/8/2010 5:46:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ConnietheConqueror

Now that sounds more like it[;)]

spark1 -> RE: Urban is Dredd? (6/9/2010 12:34:46 PM)

now its just called 'dredd'-

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/09/06/judge-dredd-movie-now-just-%e2%80%9cdredd%e2%80%9d/

this movie need big marketting push. the world needs to know all about the dredd uniververse by time of release.

dreddhead123 -> RE: Urban is Dredd? (6/9/2010 1:29:08 PM)

Don't like the name change. Seems totally unnecessary. If 2000AD can have JUDGE DREDD strips for 33 years, I think a new film should have the common decency and respect to use the same full name! Sigh. [:@] The whole thing stinks of arrogant cluelessness.

"Oh let's change the name!"

Whatever. [8|]

quote:

One person has been very critical - dreddhead123. The same person who 'discovered' the alleged script and spammed it all over the internet (there's been no confirmation or denial about its authenticity from anyone involved and it wasn't pulled down, so make up your own mind...).

WRONG!!!!!!!!!

[:D] [:D]

quote:

What can you tell us about the new Dredd movie in the works? Have you been involved on any level?

John Wagner's reply:

Ive been a kind of advisor/consultant since fairly early on. The script, I believe, has been posted on the web so anyone is free to look it up and judge for themselves, though personally, had I not read it already, Id prefer to wait and let the finished movie come as a complete surprise.

http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/2000ad-1700-interview-7--john-wagner/

So there! It was the REAL screenplay leaked (be it an early or later draft). You were convinced it was a fake screenplay. It's not. I sure proved you wrong, KeithM![:D]

Dreddhead123 is happy to gloat. [8D]

danbo1138 -> RE: Urban is Dredd? (19/11/2010 6:13:33 PM)

First pic of Dredd

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/danbo1138/?action=view&current=Dreddfilm.jpg&newest=1

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI