Wolverine Trailer Breakdown (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Wolverine Trailer Breakdown (15/12/2008 7:44:33 PM)

Post your comments on this article

ijnesbit -> KICK ASS (15/12/2008 7:44:33 PM)

the Kick Ass scene looks like Deadpool scrapping Wolverine... fingers crossed anyway

littlechris -> Ermmmmmm (15/12/2008 7:48:34 PM)

Looks a bit more Last Stand then X2, hope I'm wrong, but usually when a series has one bad film it all goes a bit tits up.
Predicted Empire Review 3 stars.

onejedi -> cool trailer (15/12/2008 8:09:48 PM)

the movie looks great, and the origins story is a brilliant comic as a starting point. Loved the X-men movies including "Last Stand", it were'nt that bad a as film critics and fans made out, its a movie for gods sakes. Wolverine looks like its gonna be a brill movie and I can't wait for wofie to back on the screens.

captainrentboy -> RE: Wolverine Trailer Breakdown (15/12/2008 8:14:12 PM)

I know I shouldn't do it, especially as this is Fox we're talking about, but God damn that trailer has done the business for me[:D]
Watchmen, Terminator, Transformers and this, 2009 is shaping up to be a good 'un.
I just beg to God almighty that Gavin Hood can shoot an action sequence, please don't let all this flick's action be shaky cam/quick cut horseshit.
Wolvies escape from his creation tank looks promising, *Love the fury on his mug as he emerges from it*, and that fight at the end with the upgraded version of himself could be fantastic.
Let's wait and see huh?

Charliecole1 -> (15/12/2008 8:23:34 PM)

I don't think this looks all that, does it? I even remember loving the trailer for Spidey 3 and look what happened to that..

Rocket 3000 -> (15/12/2008 9:09:51 PM)

The Kid being suspened by all the rubber bands I reckon is Quicksilver. Trailer looks great and I really truely hope this doesnt suck. Also I really hope Deadpool's all scarred up and in his mask by the time the credits roll.

Mr. Chumba -> TACKY! (15/12/2008 9:44:56 PM)

Oh good god! How can anyone think that trailer was good!??? That was the shittest trailer I've ever seen. COmplete with tacky growling sound effects and worst of all... That side-on shot of Wolverine flying through the air onto the helicopter! That made me laugh for about 3 minutes straight! It was hilarious! Embarassing trailer compared to Terminator Salvation. Looks like Terminator will be the blockbuster of summer 09 as Star Trek has gone all Thunderbirds, Watchmen will be over-hyped and dissapointing (unless it really can pull off a 'Dark Knight'- doubt it) and Wolverine looks nothing short of ridicuous.

Mr. Chumba -> TACKY! (15/12/2008 9:47:46 PM)

Oh good god! How can anyone think that trailer was good!??? That was the shittest trailer I've ever seen. COmplete with tacky growling sound effects and worst of all... That side-on shot of Wolverine flying through the air onto the helicopter! That made me laugh for about 3 minutes straight! It was hilarious! Embarassing trailer compared to Terminator Salvation. Looks like Terminator will be the blockbuster of summer 09 as Star Trek has gone all Thunderbirds, Watchmen will be over-hyped and dissapointing (unless it really can pull off a 'Dark Knight'- doubt it) and Wolverine looks nothing short of ridicuous.

beebs_ -> I want to love it... (15/12/2008 11:11:52 PM)

but I'm not 100%. I'm loving the flashbacks of he's young life and the wars and what not... but some of the Gambit stuff is a bit... blah? I love Gambit, so maybe it's because I don't know the actor that well.

I just hope that this is well balanced and not all over the place... it looks like there's a lot going on.

Taz69 -> Sweet (16/12/2008 12:35:19 AM)

Looks good. Hugh knows the character well. It's good to Lieb Schrieber in somewhat a lighter mode as he's been Mr Serious most of the time, and IT ABOUT TIME we had Gambit. I just hope if there is a Wolverine 2 or an X-Men 4 there'll be scene of him and loads of Sentinels alone, barracaded and trapped with the only way out to through them and going beserk on their metal asses. Like early on in the superb animated series (and in one of comic book stories I believe).

shawshank prisoner -> (16/12/2008 12:59:30 AM)

that right there looks like one hell of a three star movie.

shanewire -> ... ah... it looks shite (16/12/2008 1:07:09 AM)

I was really really looking forward to this and it looks mediocre at best. I think they might have over done gambits powers. Through the wall? C'mon! Still though, i haven't lost hope, I only saw the crappy bootleg but the comic-con trailer looked better. Looked GOOD.

mighty mick -> Could go either way (16/12/2008 1:28:58 AM)

It could be another X3 (which isn't as terrible as some people say, just mediocre) but it also may well be the new Rise of the Silver Surfer (popularly dissed but actually surprisingly entertaining). What I don't think it'll be is on par with X 1 and 2. Like some have already said, there's so much going on and the whole film can't rest squarely on Jackman's shoulders. I just hope Gavin Hood hasn't lost the ability to tell a good story... Not sure about the inclusion of Emma Frost and Gambit though. I'd rather see them in an X-men sequel.

sithlord1791 -> i wanna like it.... (16/12/2008 4:13:00 AM)

i don't know. i think wolverine can carry a movie. sometimes a meal is hearty enough you don't need alot of side dishes....emma frost?

freakinabsuit -> The Random dude... (16/12/2008 9:54:37 AM)

That would be Dominic Monaghan dears... a.k.a Barnell Bohusk(Shit that they've completely altered the character though... *sigh*) Oh yeah Rocket, good spot on the Quicksilver kid... isnt he magneto's son though?

freakinabsuit -> Additional... (16/12/2008 9:55:42 AM)

Barnell Bohusk a.k.a Beak *

jimoakley666 -> That's (16/12/2008 9:58:05 AM)

Fan-fucking-tastic!!! I cannot wait to see this film. Aceness.

JonathanMardukas -> (16/12/2008 11:18:27 AM)

That mutant that has been bothering u since may looks a lot like Gary Busey, that would explain a lot....

bronco3114 -> Meh! ...should still be entertaining. (16/12/2008 12:39:27 PM)

Will watch cos I'm a fan of the comic and the story seems at least plausible but the look and feel (and almost certain PG13 rating) of what is essentially a pretty violent saga don't leave me massivley optimistic I'll see something that'd exceed my expectations based on the mostly disapointing X-Men trillogy. That said Liev Schriber looked very good as Sabertooth and looking forward to seeing Gambit in screen and Ryan Rynolds as Deadpool.

tdw2782 -> (16/12/2008 12:49:17 PM)

Yesss. Looks very good. Although strange that even though this a solo effort for Wolverine, they seem to have crammed in more mutants and secondary characters than the other three X films.

adambatman82 -> RE: (16/12/2008 1:59:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rocket 3000

The Kid being suspened by all the rubber bands I reckon is Quicksilver. Trailer looks great and I really truely hope this doesnt suck. Also I really hope Deadpool's all scarred up and in his mask by the time the credits roll.

werent empire being sarcastic with the comment about it bothering them since may? rubber bands surely mean magneto.

Helen OHara -> RE: Additional... (16/12/2008 4:19:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freakinabsuit

Barnell Bohusk a.k.a Beak *

Doh! Course! I knew I was forgetting something.

Hobin Wan Kenobi -> Gambit (16/12/2008 4:55:51 PM)

about fookin time!

Web Head -> ENOUGH!!!! (16/12/2008 5:43:26 PM)

Im a huge marvel comics fan, and have been for most of my, admitedly short 22 year, life and this movie could well be the final straw in the on going "stupid comic book film made by stupid film company who have no desire to make a film of the comic but rather a shit film staring a cool character to milk for money!" saga. There are only two brilliant, faithful and true marvel movies that have kept the original source material at their hearts. Hulk and Iron Man, both felt like their respective directors, cast, production teams, scrit writters etc had actually read a comic in the last decade and the films showed that by being kick ass. Wolverine?ok so Mr Jackman has done an ok job so far but he is not the Wolverine of the comics, he's the Wolverine of the family friendly big budget hollywood x-men. Comic Wolverine is freakin scary!and with good reason. Sabertooth didnt just kill Silver Fox, he raped her and painted the log cabin with her blood!no wonder Wolverine hates the bastard so much. Is this film gonna cover that? no way. This film should be an 18cert with a proper telling of Wolverine's history and should be made by the people that created the character. Make mine a Marvel!down with 20th century fox!

Slinkson -> Wow (16/12/2008 7:53:32 PM)

Wow this looks very very good I cant wait till next year , Liev Schreiber looks great as Victor Creed interesting he is not called Sabretooth , as far as the X Men films go my fave is X2 for the opening sequence in the White House and for Wolvie going beserker on the Soilders very well done and not overlong ike some fightscenes in movies - Matrix Reloaded for example , I actually enjoyed X3 a lot but you could tell it was not directed by Singer though but it was nowhere near as bad as it could have been. Cant wait for Wolvie and the Magneto prequel too .

vineethchacko -> RE: cool trailer (17/12/2008 6:35:53 AM)

@ onejedi. Glad to see someone with a different point of view. I mostly agree. What I hated about "Last Stand' is that they crammed too much in and didnt do justice to some great characters. Would have liked Singer to stay away from Superman and done the two film 'Phoenix saga' he wanted.

vineethchacko -> RE: RE: (17/12/2008 6:40:42 AM)

@adambatman82. Knowing magneto's powers, surely you realise that rubber bands and steel cages could never hold him. Quicksilver makes sense but the Magneto son thing may be skipped.

thogo -> chopping head off... (17/12/2008 12:04:43 PM)

I believe that the last shot between Wolverine and Sabretooth when he says something about chopping his head off is a signal to the Wolverine comic line when wolverine actually kills sabretooth by chopping his head off with a special katana, which was actually made to kill Wolverine. PS its a sad thing that the only dutch superhero needs to be the bird-freak Beak.

Mr Grizzly -> RE: chopping head off... (17/12/2008 1:12:23 PM)

I'm really looking forward to this but am completely underwhelmed by the trailer! Does that mean the film might be good?

It looks like they've thrown everything at it - including the kitchen sink! Can someone explain why Gambit is in it? Apart from the fact that they wasted their chances to use him in the X-men trilogy....

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI