Heller Still Hoping For Rome: The Movie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Heller Still Hoping For Rome: The Movie (1/12/2008 9:06:26 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Timon -> Thirteen! (1/12/2008 9:06:26 AM)

Vorenus and Pullo Do Jerusalem? Marvellous. Rome was unfortuately cut down in its prime, so i for one would love to see a film thought ideally, a new season would be better.

Dockster -> Rome - The Movie (1/12/2008 12:02:56 PM)

I do hope this happens. The TV series was fantastic and it was a real shame that it was cancelled after two seasons.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Rome - The Movie (1/12/2008 12:32:28 PM)

Hell yeah,

Although I would like to see Augustius, Atia and that mob as well I suppose it has been covered in the tv I, Cluadius and the proposed big screen adaptation that is being written.

No matter what they do with it more Rome is always welcome - a prequel with Ceaser and Anthony in Gaul with Pullo and Vorenus would be the bees knees.

berniberni99 -> Rome - The Movie- bring It On! (1/12/2008 12:35:14 PM)

Sounds like a bloomin good idea to me. I loved both series and agree that the second seemed rushed. (I have both series on DVD) If the movie(s) are anything like the show I think that it could give Gladiator a run for its money. Personally I think both Pullo and Vorenus are much stronger characters than Crowes Maximus, However I bow to the fact that Crowe played him so well I could not see anyone beating THAT performance, add to the fact that he took that character to the stratosphere... well look where Crowe is now. Oh well here's hoping and keeping my ear to the ground (or the eyes to the empire web site...) and I for one will be booking my tickets as soon as a release date emerges.

demoncleaner -> RE: Heller Still Hoping For Rome: The Movie (1/12/2008 1:23:28 PM)

That is a fantastic prospect.  I loved Rome.

I'm still also holding out hope for the mooted big screen I, Claudius.  William Monahan was working on that script.  Which would draw Scorcese's interest, which would therefore fold Di Caprio into the mix.  Can you imagine it, Marty doing a different type of Italian ganster movie? You could easily eek a trilogy out of the two books too!  I'm writing to ask Santa for this!

JagLover -> RE: Heller Still Hoping For Rome: The Movie (1/12/2008 2:41:46 PM)

The 2nd series could quite easily have been spead over two series (though 3 would have been pushing it, 2 series set in Eygpt?).

However I can't see how they could carry on from the point they left off with a movie. The story, the ascent of Augustus through the eyes of two ordinary soldiers, has been told.

the caped crusader -> SOUNDS BRILLIANT! (1/12/2008 5:47:23 PM)

the series - amazing
the film? - absolutley gold

joanna likes films -> Yes Please! (1/12/2008 6:51:11 PM)

Massive fan of Rome and couldn't believe that it finished with only two seasons, I was totally gripped throughout and when it finished there was still more to explain. Though I like The Mentalist and is doing well in American TV but come on, the ideas that Heller is planning sounds amazing. Why do they cancel the best shows and keep the real crap ones running? Don't get it but I hope and pray that this won't be pushed aside.

captainchaos1234 -> Rome.. The Movie... AWESOME! (1/12/2008 9:54:45 PM)

This show was the best thing i had seen on TV in years especially on the BBC. I was waiting for and hoping that a 3rd season would be delivered but a movie would be the the greatest thing in the history of history.

somekindof_battery -> RE: Rome.. The Movie... AWESOME! (2/12/2008 10:56:00 PM)

I loved this series so much, i was gutted to hear it was cancelled. I think it was just too expensive or something, because HBO don't usually cancel a show just because it doesn't get the ratings.

demoncleaner -> RE: Rome.. The Movie... AWESOME! (7/12/2008 3:13:01 PM)

Everyone's talking about Rome being cancelled.  And from what I've read, I don't think that is the case.   To book that set for six months, let alone 2 years was astronomical.  Gangs of New York had gone over-budget in it's occupancy in the very same allotment before Rome came along.  Physically, it was a tenuous position to be in from the off.  I think the makers of Rome knew themselves to be lucky to get a second shot at it and never tried too hard in their expectations to do a third. 

In a progression sense, a third series would have made itself obsolete in the sense that it would have rammed itself up the arse of I,Claudius which, as a drama, is untouchable (the only reason that I want so see that as a movie spectacle is to see Germanicus' campaign in....er...Germania and to see Caligula boozing quite lucidly with Herod before he went batshit...which is all in the novels).

If they could afford the set again (was it Cinneciita?) to do either a movie or another TV series, I think they would be best to do a prequel.  Of the first (unofficial) Triumvirate. With Marcus Crassus (elder Statesman and the most feared man in Rome) propped up by two nineteen- year-old whipper-snappers called Gaius Julius Caser and Gnaues Pompeii.       C'mannnn!!![:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI