RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Zao -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (17/8/2009 12:06:22 PM)

Anyone getting the Collector's Edition? Glad I pre-ordered mine as it seems to be sold out everywhere!

juanvasquez -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (20/8/2009 7:43:30 PM)

I'm planning on getting the special edition. But I have a feeling I won't have the pennies for it.

Diggler -> Batman reviews up (21/8/2009 8:48:06 PM)

Amazing score on IGN. 9.3 on both PS3 and 360

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1016701p1.html

Peter Griffin -> RE: Batman reviews up (22/8/2009 12:57:01 PM)

Another great review, can't wait...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=221874

juanvasquez -> RE: Batman reviews up (22/8/2009 12:59:59 PM)

I can't wait either. Though I have to wait till next Sunday to play it as I'm away next weekend!

The only thing that looks disappointing is the play time. 12 hours, with all collectibles. Games seem to be getting shorter these days!

Peter Griffin -> RE: Batman reviews up (22/8/2009 1:02:29 PM)

I'm gonna start on the hardest difficulty and take my time.

Chojin -> RE: Batman reviews up (22/8/2009 1:16:18 PM)

Just watched the IGN review, it does look immense - but i'd rather wait a few months until I can grab it for £20.

...Gonna be a long 3 months....

HIM -> RE: Batman reviews up (22/8/2009 2:24:26 PM)

What's Long John Silver's favourite game?

Batman: Aaargh-kham Aaargh-sylum.

lol@me

Peter Griffin -> RE: Batman reviews up (22/8/2009 5:09:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

What's Long John Silver's favourite game?

Batman: Aaargh-kham Aaargh-sylum.

lol@me

I don't get it!

HIM -> RE: Batman reviews up (22/8/2009 5:42:55 PM)

I may not have needed the g and h on those. I'm not sure how you write it TBH.

Marky_Mark -> RE: Batman reviews up (25/8/2009 3:22:05 PM)

Gamespot review: 9/10 (clicky)

Ethanial -> RE: Batman reviews up (26/8/2009 5:00:11 PM)

So far pretty good, had a 2 hour break for the Serenity blu that popped through the post too today, but in a minute I will return to the Asylum, it's addictive being Batsy.

Sleazy -> RE: Batman reviews up (28/8/2009 7:18:26 AM)

Played a bit of this last night, very nice indeed. Managed to get the collectors edition for £49 in town so was well chuffed.

PS3 has a free download to play as Joker in challenge mode which the 360 doesnt.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Batman reviews up (28/8/2009 8:11:27 AM)

Apparantly the Joker and a bit more DLC will be on the 360 within the next week or so.

Sleazy -> RE: Batman reviews up (28/8/2009 9:21:00 AM)

all reports I'm seeing are saying it will not be available on 360.

juanvasquez -> RE: Batman reviews up (28/8/2009 9:24:41 AM)

I wouldn't worry too much. It most probably will be. Although it makes a change for it to be a PS3 exclusive.

I'll not be able to pick this up until tomorrow, and even then, I can't play it until Sunday [sm=893Grumpy-thumb.gif]

Marky_Mark -> RE: Batman reviews up (28/8/2009 9:45:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

Played a bit of this last night, very nice indeed. Managed to get the collectors edition for £49 in town so was well chuffed.

Mine arrived yesterday with the Scarecrow bonus pack download included. It is a VERY well-crafted game, I'm loving the atmosphere and attention to detail. I wish I'd taken a bit more care going through the earlier sections though....I was racing through it trying to get to the next puzzle/fight and I feel that I may have missed some clues/extras along the way.

So far, so good!

SPOILERS: (highlight below)

I've just been through the Scarecrow section in the main game and am currently up against Bane

Sleazy -> RE: Batman reviews up (28/8/2009 11:23:52 AM)

Was a bit disappointed to find the batarang is plastic but thinking about I dont know why I thought it wouldnt be.

edit... done soem reserch and i'm not going odd, it WAS originally supposed to be steel. My journal isnt leather-bound either WTF?

edit 2.... the UK didnt get leather bound...or the fancy box for it all.... outrageous I tell you.

Sleazy -> RE: Batman reviews up (28/8/2009 12:38:30 PM)

and a (poor) reason....

Quote:

We believe the European CE still offers a huge collectability value to Batman fans with its exclusive contents, the reason for the difference is that if we included the leather bound journal and US box for the European CE, we would have been looking at a price far higher than the US $100 SRP. This is for many different logistical, operational and retail driven reasons and is why many goods in the US are cheaper than they are in Europe. We wanted to offer an exclusive, collectible edition but not force fans to pay above the odds for the opportunity to own a piece of Batman history. Itís important to remember that the content is just the same and itís only the presentation which differs.

James2183 -> RE: Batman reviews up (28/8/2009 2:28:39 PM)

Why would anyone want a plastic Batarang? [&:]

jediwarrior -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (28/8/2009 3:43:19 PM)

I've enjoyed it so far, picked it up from Tescos this morning. I've just found the Batmobile so I doubt I'm that far into the game.

Jodan_King -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (28/8/2009 4:10:48 PM)

whoa whoa whoa do you not start in the asylum - you drive the batmobile???

juanvasquez -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (28/8/2009 4:57:51 PM)

I managed to pick this up today before i went away for the weekend. I got 35 for call of juarez, umbrella chronicles and ratchet and clank in hmv. Was going to get the special but decided against it and bought a dvd instead. And after reading the above i made a good choice. Get a poster and slip case as an exclusive though. Still can't play till sunday though :-(

Diggler -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (28/8/2009 7:18:44 PM)

I picked it up at lunchtime so that's my bank holiday weekend all sorted. I'm gonna catch up on the days footy, make a few changes to my fantasy team and then sit down to play it. I was going to wait for it to get dark outside to add to the atmosphere but I can't wait another two hours when it's sat staring at me!

I'll let you know my thoughts in the morning but it's almost perfect that it should be released on a bank holiday weekend as it gives me an extra day to play through it.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (29/8/2009 1:35:41 AM)

Am really enjoying it so far! Amazing visuals and very intuitive controls. When you first step outside and view Arkham Asylum in all its glory it is really incredible. Easily one of the most graphically impressive games on the 360. The detective mode works amazingly well and the voice acting and animation is superb. Very, very impressed so far!

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (29/8/2009 9:24:41 AM)

I'm a little annoyed about the Riddlers little Challenges in that you only find out about them towards the end of the Intensive Treatment Station and then are expected (if you want to collect them all) to go back through the whole section to get them (unless you go back at some point in the game anyway?). Also some Riddler trophies I've been able to see but unable to get, I assume we'll get some kind of hack upgrade for the Wayne Tech control boxes. But enough of the negatives...

Been playing it on Hard Mode and loving it, decided to plump for hard mode because the game is meant to be rather short and hard mode offered the appeal of no button prompts which made the game too easy and too much like a QTE. The difficulty in the big fights was quite hard and I did struggle to adapt at first, but once I learned how to use the fighting mechanic a little more I was enjoying it a lot. It was also great to see that the demo was not the start of the game and was little bits all mixed up, meaning I didn't have to play through the whole section again. The presentation on this game is top notch and the Joker's voice acting from Mark Hamill is extremely impressive.

I ended up going for the Armour upgrade, the Critical Strike upgrade and the Throw upgrade in my first three choices, I think I'll go for the inverted takedown next, I sort of miss that from the demo.

The atmosphere of the game is great, but I'm making sure I take it all in and take my time, done most of the Riddler's challenges other than the few you have to go back for and the few I physically can't get at the moment. Currently trying to find Comissioner Gordon.

Bumfluff -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (29/8/2009 10:19:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda
I think I'll go for the inverted takedown next, I sort of miss that from the demo.

I went for that & it seems to finish off the baddies a little quicker which can only be a good thing as we progress further on the hard difficulty.

I'm upto the batmobile & absolutely loving it so far. The only criticism I have is that I tend to keep the detective view on constantly (to avoid missing anything) & am therefore missing out on the impact of the excellent visuals.

jediwarrior -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (29/8/2009 3:50:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jodan_King

whoa whoa whoa do you not start in the asylum - you drive the batmobile???

No you don't drive it, but you have to go to it during the game (I won't say why)

UTB -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (29/8/2009 4:36:42 PM)

Picked this up today. Can't wait to play it.

UTB -> RE: Batman : Arkham Asylum (29/8/2009 8:29:26 PM)

Impressed and disappointed at the same time. The graphics and gameplay are great, though the fighting is a bit Prince of Persia repititive. Overall quite good though.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI