Exclusive: New Empire Wolverine Cover (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: New Empire Wolverine Cover (26/11/2008 11:42:31 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Hughezy -> check out that swimsuit area! (26/11/2008 11:42:31 AM)

holy shit, Wolverine is packing some heat!

Alex 3000 -> (26/11/2008 12:23:22 PM)

Defo gonna be shittt, why didnt they just make a straight up adaptation of Origin, its a far more grown up comic, and in the same vein as The Dark Knight, which surely after the success, its something that Marvel some have in mind. Its just going to be a mashup of all the Xmen that werent in the 3 others films.

piccolo135 -> Very cool... (26/11/2008 12:30:51 PM)

I dont know about anyone else but this is my most anticipated film of 2009. May not turn out to be the best written, but its gonna be undeniably cool. This issue of Empire looks great cant wait to read!

hatebox -> (26/11/2008 12:44:52 PM)

This'll probably be crap, but Wolverine is a good character.

Old_Pyrate -> Another Male Movie Character Cover (26/11/2008 1:23:38 PM)

Lol, after all that fuss on Helen's blog yesterday about the dominance of Male movie characters, yet another strapping male figure graces Empire's latest cover. Something else Empire has been guilty of in recent years, is their obsession with blockbusters months before their release. Sorry, but I'm not buying into it this year. From the Phantom Menace to Indy IV, I've learnt my lesson now. Empire should too!

Hughezy -> (26/11/2008 1:28:03 PM)

all these people saying that Wolverine is going to be shit is quite annoying because you know that everyone is going to go see this film

Chris Hart -> Eh? (26/11/2008 1:54:43 PM)

I can't understand why people are slagging this off before they have even seen it. All 3 X-Men films were practically the Wolverine show anyway so made sense to base a whole fim around him plus the opportunity to introduce a few more characters, i.e. Deadpool, Gambit. I think this will rock.

lukeyboy -> RE: Exclusive: New Empire Wolverine Cover (26/11/2008 2:16:57 PM)

I for one am really looking forward to this movie! I mean what's not to like?:

-Good cast - Check
-Good Director - Check
-Good story - Check
-Good budget - Check

Er,......yeah,..you know this is gonna kick ass!

Big Red -> (26/11/2008 2:21:39 PM)

I can't wait for this movie!!

Kadaj -> (26/11/2008 2:38:09 PM)

Review of the Year....yawn.
C'mon? Everyone knows what Empire are going to put as Number 1. All best are off for The Dark Knight despite their being a few far far better films out this year.

BatFan -> RE: (26/11/2008 2:41:22 PM)

I think the biggest reason that people are saying this will be shit is Tom Rothman the head of Fox and how there was constant arguments between him and and the director Gavin Hood. Basically Hood wanted a gritty approach in look and story and Rothman wants it to be more mainstream friendly.
Take a wild guess on who won that argument...

BatFan -> RE: (26/11/2008 2:44:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kadaj

Review of the Year....yawn.
C'mon? Everyone knows what Empire are going to put as Number 1. All best are off for The Dark Knight despite their being a few far far better films out this year.

In your opinion. Not Empires. The day you have you own film magazine you can do a review of the year and put whatever film you want as number 1.

CORLEONE -> RE: RE: (26/11/2008 3:14:09 PM)

Must have took Empire, what, about 4 seconds to think up that cover? Bit more effort eh guys?

Decent_Jam -> Decent_Jam (26/11/2008 3:53:15 PM)

2009 is going to be excellent, particularly interested to see how the Hobbit turns out, I wonder how many High School Musical-esque films we'll get...

BudBaxter -> RE: Decent_Jam (26/11/2008 4:02:30 PM)

You know, I feel the cover needs a bit more text on there.

There's a bit of space next to the barcode you missed. [;)]

jibjob82 -> Star Wars again? (26/11/2008 5:17:05 PM)

Seriously those in Empire tower.. how have you possibly found more to write about Star Wars? IT WAS THIRTY YEARS AGO!!! Give it up, we don't care.. maybe those of you who work there are old enough to remember what it was like to see it at the cinema but i'd bet the majority of your target audience weren't. I love the original Star Wars but give it up, use the time and energy to write about what really happened this year.. like Adulthood smashing the box office to pieces. The most successful British film this year and what of it in the review of the year? Nothing. Come on guys..

c_howlett_wright -> Empire (27/11/2008 10:25:40 AM)

Star Wars is a masterpeice. How can you truely rate the newest film productions without first concidering their predecessors?

Wolverine is going to be fantastic. I've been wiating for an X-Men movie with Gambit in since they anounced the first film. I'm just waiting for Emma Frost now. Antisipating X-Men Origins: Magnito too.

I'm so excited about so many film set for release in 2009 and even some in pre-production set for release all the way in 2012. I believe Empire is one of the only magazines that really appriciates films. It's obvious that the entire team are fans. I just hope one day I'll be privilaged enough to work for them.

Joliet68 -> Jaysus (27/11/2008 10:28:20 AM)

I couldn't read half of Empire's last issue because of "POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERTS" and now I can't read the cover story of this issue because of "POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERTS" and the rest of it is just lists. "Great films of the past year" I've been subscribing to Empire for the past 5 pigging years! I KNOW what films have been out in the past year and I've enjoyed reading your articles about them! The round up is pointless. I'm starting to doubt a subscription where I can only read half of the magazine because it's taken up with "POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT"

jibjob82 -> Star Wars Again (27/11/2008 11:29:07 AM)

Listen, don't get me wrong. I love Star Wars. There just can't be any more to write about it.. i've got every Empire issue for the past 11 years and i reckon there must be something about Star Wars every 3 issues. It's not about comparing the modern movies with their predecessors, it's just an excuse for some Star Wars fanboy in the office to have a bit of a jolly because he hasn't got anything else decent to write about. This sounds like a rant but i do love Empire, i just get annoyed when i open the wrapping and flick through it for the first time each month and i'm not surpirised anymore. At least Sight and Sound and Total Film do features about real film matters. Not just the big studio ones.. i may defect if this Star Wars appreciation continues.

JIm R -> RE: Star Wars Again (27/11/2008 11:44:06 AM)

Whilst the affinity and love for Star Wars films and it's 'universe' is on mass with my generation (over 30's) I think George has gone as far as he can in milking this particular tie-fighter shaped cow.

To be fair, Empire can only report on what news is out there related to the films, but I think what the 'younger' target audience according to earlier poster are forgetting is the sheer scale and impact the original had, we had never seen anything like it before, it was just huge.

But I agree, let's not give Lucas anymore reason to provide us with half baked bullshit anymore.

Monkeyshaver -> RE: Star Wars Again (27/11/2008 12:45:00 PM)

Lazy journalism strikes again! More bloody star wars & stupid lists.

Artoo02 -> RE: Star Wars Again (27/11/2008 4:40:48 PM)

Thanks for the Star Wars article Empire, I enjoyed it. More please!

kateTMB -> RE: Star Wars Again (29/11/2008 12:25:25 PM)

Did anyone notice how vainy Wolverine's arm looks on page 84?
Your right, the whole Star Wars thing is getting a bit old, but the films are classics! You can see why Empire keep including articles about them.

Woger -> RE: Star Wars Again (30/11/2008 4:02:14 AM)

Picture of Gambit.
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/11/28/taylor-kitsch-as-gambit-first-picture/

pablohoolio -> RE: Star Wars again? (30/11/2008 1:17:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jibjob82

Seriously those in Empire tower.. how have you possibly found more to write about Star Wars? IT WAS THIRTY YEARS AGO!!! Give it up, we don't care.. maybe those of you who work there are old enough to remember what it was like to see it at the cinema but i'd bet the majority of your target audience weren't. I love the original Star Wars but give it up, use the time and energy to write about what really happened this year.. like Adulthood smashing the box office to pieces. The most successful British film this year and what of it in the review of the year? Nothing. Come on guys..

I could be wrong, but wasn't there a Star Wars movie released at cinema's this year? Yes? God forbid Empire write about it, ya know, with being a cinema magazine and all that....

Wilbert -> RE: Star Wars Again (30/11/2008 4:51:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kateTMB

Your right, the whole Star Wars thing is getting a bit old, but the films are classics! You can see why Empire keep including articles about them.

There's some bad Photoshopping on that picture of Wolverine. Look at his arm nearest the camera and look at the join where the upper arm meets the lower arm (i.e. the opposite side from the elbow).

The line looks totally wrong. Bad photoshopping! Bad!!!

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: Star Wars Again (30/11/2008 5:53:20 PM)

quote:

Wait, the arm is full of self regard for itself, or the blood vessels are overly prominent?

kateTMB -> RE: Star Wars Again (30/11/2008 6:56:38 PM)

Blood vessels are overly prominent. [sm=18.gif]
Although if i were Wolverines arm, i would probably be full of self regard for myself.

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: Star Wars Again (30/11/2008 7:17:33 PM)

quote:

Blood vessels are overly prominent. [sm=18.gif]
Although if i were Wolverines arm, i would probably be full of self regard for myself.

Hmm, watch out for the guns, they'll get you!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI