Exclusive: Scott Talks Blood Meridian (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Scott Talks Blood Meridian (19/11/2008 11:43:00 AM)

Post your comments on this article

morg1138 -> (19/11/2008 11:43:00 AM)

Tripoli has been on the plate for a while, don’t know what is said on the video (my work bans such things). There was a fair bit in the Kingdom of Heaven making of. Sounds good. Going to start reading Blood Meridian, next on my pile. I look forward to anything that Sir Scott makes.

Manfrendshensindshen -> (19/11/2008 12:55:50 PM)

Even though his recent output hasn't been his most successful, I really hope His Ridleyness will continue making films until he falls into his grave. I'd also sell a kidney if he could make one more SF movie.

Redspace -> RE: (19/11/2008 4:53:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manfrendshensindshen

Even though his recent output hasn't been his most successful, I really hope His Ridleyness will continue making films until he falls into his grave. I'd also sell a kidney if he could make one more SF movie.

Good news for you Manfrendshensindshen. Get ready to remove that kidney mate!

Redspace -> RE: RE: (19/11/2008 4:54:04 PM)

Oops, here's the link:
http://www.empireonline.com/News/story.asp?nid=23403

richCie -> (19/11/2008 10:40:19 PM)

Scott seems to be on the slippery slope these days but let's hope he gets the right cast for this and brings us something worthy of the book. I'd still rather Jonh Hillcoat did it. i also struggle to see it being condensed into a film...3 hr+ running time here we come!

magnusbarfod -> sanity peeking out here? (19/11/2008 11:34:37 PM)

"I think it's a really tricky one, and maybe it's something that should be left as a novel."

yes, yes and thrice yes, IF the director is going to be R Scott. This article isn't clear, when he says it's written, I assume he means the script? Not as a more biblical, "and so it is written" style thing about the book? because he sounds like he's looking at reasons he shouldn't be directing it...

as the AV club review of Body Of Lies so succinctly put it recently:

"Has any other great director seemed as content to make merely good movies as Ridley Scott? Visionary at his best, workmanlike at his worst, Scott has a bad habit of making films whose handsomeness almost, but doesn't quite, hide their shortcomings."

the best summation of Ridleys recent-ish career i've ever read. and the book deserves to be filmed brilliantly, or not at all. I mean, we need the baby tree...and the rape...and the scalpings, over and over again...we really do, or theres no point doing it. It's a disturbing masterpiece, and if it's fudged in translation, i will be most unimpressed.

Look at Hannibal. doesn't fill you with hope for Ridleys ability to understand how best to adapt a piece of work (not that the source material can hold a candle to Blood Meridian. oh, and don't throw Blade Runner at me, as that was a long time ago, when the above quote wasn't how Scott did things...)

and i have no idea who could play the judge...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.201172E-02