Exclusive: New Coraline Poster (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: New Coraline Poster (17/11/2008 10:23:15 AM)

Post your comments on this article

raclements -> (17/11/2008 10:23:15 AM)

'Godlike genius'..?

Seriously people- am I the only one who thinks that Gaiman is not half as good a writer as he seems to believe he is..?

dunkah -> (17/11/2008 10:46:30 AM)

Loved the book, but maybe it's coming out too soon after the similarly themed Mirrormask?

Gwark -> "Exclusive": New Coraline Poster (17/11/2008 11:11:36 AM)

Hate to burst your bubble Empire but that poster was online last week, on several sites.

Youshouldberunning -> RE: (17/11/2008 11:40:53 AM)

Raclements:
Gaimanís books, especially American Gods and his Sandman series, are amazing, and yes should come under the heading of "godlike genius"; dark, imaginative and funny. However, the film adaptation of Stardust was wet, sentimental and a massive disappointment; not to mention the frankly nauseating De Niro performance (I am barely keeping my coffee down even thinking about it). On the strength of Stardust, I would vehemently oppose the above titles being made into live action films, but the tone of things like Mirror Mask would translate well to animation (stop-motion  or otherwise), so I am expecting plenty from Coraline.  

Taz69 -> Marvelous (17/11/2008 11:50:17 AM)

Anything that Neil Gaiman is attached to is okay by me. Mirrormask was good (if a little unoriginal) - it was just a Alice in Wonderland story. Still was miles better than Terry Gilliams similar tale Tideland.
Now a movie version/HBO mini series of American Gods please.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI