Memento (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Memento (6/1/2006 2:00:17 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Dark Angel -> RE: Memento (6/1/2006 6:20:50 PM)

Very well executed thriller which keeps you interested and guessing until the end. Good performances from Guy Pearce and Joey Pantoliano as well and the whole backwards thing is not a gimmick, it's really well done and makes sense in the film.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Memento (6/1/2006 7:08:08 PM)

Chris Nolan's first masterpiece...

stargirl -> RE: Memento (8/1/2006 2:05:50 AM)

challenging and innovative. a true masterpiece which requires a lot of thought unlike many films churned out nowadays. when you have watched it once, you have got to watch it again! and again and again.
then maybe u'll get it.

BasilFawlty -> RE: Memento (9/1/2006 9:13:16 PM)

I LOVE THIS FILM. It shows Nolan for what he is. A master in the making.

dazz -> (29/5/2006 10:19:45 PM)

i'm sorry empire, but i'm going to have to disagree with your opinion. i feel this film is close to perfect, with an absolutely fantastic twist at the end. when you think you know the truth, you don't, that is how good and effective this movie really is. so next time you have to rate this movie, think again.

dazz -> (29/5/2006 10:20:00 PM)

i'm sorry empire, but i'm going to have to disagree with your opinion. i feel this film is close to perfect, with an absolutely fantastic twist at the end. when you think you know the truth, you don't, that is how good and effective this movie really is. so next time you have to rate this movie, think again.

dazz -> (29/5/2006 10:20:06 PM)

Q.T -> (18/3/2007 8:56:40 PM)

bobbyperu -> (21/10/2007 1:37:44 AM)

4 stars empire? this 1s got 5 written all over it.

bobbyperu -> (21/10/2007 1:37:44 AM)

4 stars empire? this 1s got 5 written all over it.

Kat113 -> (21/3/2008 10:31:35 PM)

Hmm... I think someone should rethink their review!

This film is as close to perfect as is humanly possible. Nolan is a genius. And I aint one to throw around the g-word willy nilly!

paul_ie86 -> (5/4/2008 11:04:07 PM)

paul_ie86 -> RE: (5/4/2008 11:05:59 PM)

Simply, one of the best films I have ever seen. And Oh my God, that ending (or is it start).

Piles -> RE: RE: (6/4/2008 1:21:54 AM)

Yeah. This is a five star film if ever there was one.

duncanbell -> RE: RE: (6/4/2008 10:20:59 AM)

It really was excellent, Nolan is brilliant.

nc_jj -> (9/4/2008 11:57:49 PM)

Excellent movie. Smart and captivating. That's what made this a classic.

shawshank prisoner -> (14/4/2008 7:33:22 PM)

intelligent, thought provoking, visually impressive and a hell of a twisty-twiney plot. pure genius!

fug91 -> Huh? (16/11/2008 9:04:19 PM)

How can everyone bar 1 person vote 5 star yet the average user rating remain at 4 stars. This film is utterly brilliant. Normally if empire goes for 4 where I would say 5 I don't really care, but honestly this film is genius. Empire be shamed.

Coyleone -> Brilliant! (24/12/2008 10:37:22 PM)

Wow, this film is brilliant! Chris Nolan is a genius film maker in every sense. Great performances great twists and u genuinely feel for the main character which is what a great film should make you do. not as good as the prestige in my opinion, but my god, what a film!

willchadwick -> (28/12/2008 9:53:28 PM)

An intelligent, absorbing drama with a beautiful narrative structure, brilliant performances and stylish direction. This is a complex neo noir whose denouement is a real head stratcher saying this is a film to be puzzled on rather than understood.

Kat113 -> (31/1/2009 1:14:43 PM)

Kat113 -> (31/1/2009 1:14:43 PM)

mrb irl -> Brilliant (4/3/2009 8:44:14 PM)

An engaging, impressive, brilliant film

PureAinmhi -> (12/4/2009 1:20:12 PM)

This is definitely one of my top 10 films of all time. A breath taking piece of cinema in my opinion and this should definitely be watched by everyone.

paulandnic14 -> Stunning. (10/2/2010 11:00:49 PM)

I dont care how many over rated batman films christopher nolan does, he will never top this film, not that its a bad thing, not many people will as this is one of the greatest, most compelling films ever made, to say any more would be confusing and a spoiler for the first time viewer, dont believe all the shit about been too complex, if you devote a couple of hours and give this your utmost attention, you will be rewarded 10 fold.

dahughesy -> A brilliant execution in toying with us. (20/8/2010 9:49:05 PM)

Memento is an amazing movie. One of my favourites of all time. Not only do I find it thriling, imaginative, perplexing and humorous, but most of all I find it to be impressive. Highly impressive.

The one thing that the alternate timeline really adds to the movie in is in it's development, and especially it's twists and turns. In any other movie, they would simply just be part of the plot, but in memento, we have been lead to believe that something is true, only for it to be swept from underneath your feet.

We see a scene, think one thing, only for the next scene to show the reasons behind what has happened. And it usually surprises you. To see Guy pearse chasing who is Carrie-Ann moss' abuser, only for us to see in the next scene that she tricked, used his disability to her advantage. And throughout the movie we see that Joe Pantoliano cannot be trusted, only for it to be revealed that he was killed so Leonard could continue his search.

Another way Nolan played the puppet masterso perfectly was with the way everyone knew Pearse was in trouble, that he was being tricked, that he was being chased, everyone except himself. It's damn near impossible to not want to tell him that she pretended to be abused, that she insulted him.

Overall, a masterpiece. A must see masterpiece

bobbyperu -> Leap of faith i carnt make (6/12/2010 12:44:11 AM)

having previously given this film five stars i recently rewatched it and have changed my mind. Its well made but its just wouldnt happen. if you were this disables you would never get going -past first base. would need 24 hour care. I know its only a film but its a leap i carnt accept. Love batman

blaud -> Intelligent And Original (9/3/2011 11:22:29 AM)

Memento creates an atmosphere that is seldom created well in the medium of film. Genuine unknowing of what is going to happen next. And not at the end of the movie (or even the beginning) but rather, in the scene that follows. Guy Pierce does a duper job, as does Carrie Anne Moss, and the whole film feels massively original and very well made. Production's a bit sketchy in places, but this can be forgiven, owing to the superbly different storyline

Dirk Diggler 619 -> "how can i heal" (22/5/2011 4:51:13 PM)

Very indie, but goes to show if you have a powerful script and director like Christophor Nolan you can make anything work.... Gu pearce's perfomance is his best at the moment... A very pleasant ending. And a brilliant mind f*ck....

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI