Damages - S3 US Speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

spark1 -> Damages - S3 US Speed (27/9/2008 11:08:03 AM)

preview of new season at http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20210536,00.html

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Damages Season 2 (27/9/2008 12:30:43 PM)

I've found that for stuff like Prison Break, 24 and this I have to watch the whole season over a week. It helps me then not notice the plot holes too much and the way that story arcs can begin and end at random.

Season 1 was really stupid and not at all well written, but was actually quite enjoyable by mullering through it and I'll hope that might apply to season 2 too.

Reidy -> RE: Damages Season 2 (7/1/2009 1:37:39 PM)

For those interested, Series Two starts tonight in the States.

primebhoy -> RE: Damages Season 2 (7/1/2009 3:22:54 PM)

any ideas when it will be on british screens?

Reidy -> RE: Damages Season 2 (7/1/2009 3:31:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

any ideas when it will be on british screens?

None I'm afraid. May look into some not quite as kosher sources to obtain it. Although I do know that the BBC have got the rights to it once more.

New series should be good, Patty is taking on an energy firm, Ellen is trying to bring her down for the FBI, and from what I have read, it still has something six months off happening and the flashbacks to it.

elab49 -> RE: Damages Season 2 (7/1/2009 5:17:13 PM)

Here's a tip - everytime there is a mystery or a 'ta da!' climax - Patty did it. Every single damn time. For people who forgot she also did the last one. And the one before. And the one before......

Perhaps they'll try something new and actually make it a lot less predictable this time?

Captain Black -> RE: Damages Season 2 (8/1/2009 9:45:32 PM)

Seen the premiere.

Well, if you're one of the people who watch this programme and actually like it ([image]http://www.empireonline.com/forum/image/s2.gif[/image]), I think you'll continue to do so (the rest will likely have the same criticisms); the structure's the same with the six months earlier flashback and they've transitioned well into the second year (err, aside from a frankly bizarre Regis and Kelly segment at the start, which doesn't work at all). Byrne's got more to do, Danson's warranting his inclusion regardless of whether or not he has any relevance to the plot, and some of the other new characters (including William Hurt's Daniel Purcell and Timothy Olyphant's character-whose-name-I-don't-know) are given promising starts.

Great ending too, which I won't give away here.

Reidy -> RE: Damages Season 2 (8/1/2009 11:22:19 PM)

Yep, it was pretty intriguing a start. Liked the use of Fiske as well, wonder if he will keep appearing as Patty's conscience. Not sure where it is going at the minute, had a bit of a Damages overload in the last week or so, watching through Series One.

But the premier has the same promise I felt watching episode one of series one, so I am optimistic.

The Mighty -> RE: Damages Season 2 (11/1/2009 4:05:47 PM)

I've decided to save all of these and watch the season in one sitting, but the anticipation is killing me. I loved season one, and I can't wait to see what they do this time around. The reviews for the first episode have been great.

Captain Black -> RE: Damages Season 2 (6/2/2009 8:11:58 PM)

Five episodes in now and we're really just entering the second act. I do like the way they're tying things into last year (particularly the emergence of several (ostensibly?) minor characters; gives the show that feeling of taking place in an a more immersive universe.

And Lester Freamon and Jim Rawls have just appeared. Awesome. [:D]

Peppermint -> RE: Damages Season 2 (6/2/2009 8:13:43 PM)

Anyone know if/when it'll be on 'normal' TV? [:)]

Captain Black -> RE: Damages Season 2 (6/2/2009 8:22:52 PM)

The Beeb have the rights again, possibly not too long.

Reidy -> RE: Damages Season 2 (6/2/2009 9:40:14 PM)

I heard that it returns to the Beeb next month.

Quite enjoying this series, its got the same 'I don't have a clue where its going' feel that I got last year. Again, don't know which characters to trust, and that makes it so gripping. And if anything, Patty has taken a bit of a back seat this year, which has allowed for more back stabbing amongst the other characters.

Captain Black -> RE: Damages Season 2 (9/2/2009 12:33:05 PM)

This Sunday at 10.20 for BBC1 according to that trail I saw during the BAFTAs last night.

Peppermint -> RE: Damages Season 2 (9/2/2009 1:50:15 PM)

Yeah, I saw that too.  Thanks Captain [:)]

Reidy -> RE: Damages Season 2 (12/2/2009 12:00:09 PM)

Well, thats interesting.

I have a wee feeling that the shit is going to hit the fan when Ellen finds out who Patty's plantiff is.

Captain Black -> RE: Damages Season 3 (27/1/2010 10:30:54 PM)

S3 started this week in Americaland.

After a somewhat disappointing wrap up to the second year, there seems to be quite a clear effort to correct some of those mistakes on the evidence of the third season opener; everything seems a bit more controlled (and the characters are being portrayed, logically, where they should be, rather than the up and down writing from last year) even with the addition of the third timeline into the story.

Pretty good to have Tom Noonan back in what will hopefully be a more significant role this time round.

Still 50/50 on the reveal at the end though. It should have had more impact than it actually did.

Reidy -> RE: Damages Season 3 (28/1/2010 11:15:55 PM)

I thought it was going to be something like that before it happened, but still pretty interesting.

And from a personal viewpoint, I am quite looking forward to 'obtaining' a program which on a weekly basis has both Rose Byrne and Reiko Aylesworth in it.

Captain Black -> RE: Damages Season 3 (4/2/2010 10:03:00 PM)

Episode 2 stuff....

Fairly solid if not exactly wowing me. It does have that air of confidence that the writers know where they're going with this anyway, though I'm much more interested in the 6 months later thread than the legal case. Wondering about Ellen's line 'Does anyone else know about me and Tom?' - there are a few possibilities there (an affair seems a bit too obvious).

spark1 -> RE: Damages - S3 US Speed (11/2/2010 12:40:14 PM)

s3 on bbc1 from 24th feb 10.40pm

Captain Black -> RE: Damages - S3 US Speed (3/3/2010 5:43:18 PM)

Falling a bit behind with this, but I'm up to episode 4 now (I'll avoid spoilers as this ain't exactly high on the active topics list) and while it's a real slow burn I'm quite a bit more invested in the case storyline now as well as the Tom thread - think the third episode did a good job by concentrating on the former. The fourth ep had a couple of 'ha ha' reveals that I don't think will mean much in the grand scheme of things but were good for a laugh and once again they can't possibly be playing be fair with the editing of the last couple of scenes; either way, it's all good.

Cruisecontroller -> RE: Damages - S3 US Speed (27/5/2010 12:58:08 PM)

Well this current series has been the slowest until the last few episodes but its still been a great show and it was terrific last night. It`s a shame the ratings haven`t been good enough to keep it going for another series butI suppose they`ve probably done all they can with it now. Shame about Tate Donovans character getting killed off but I`m glad Frobisher got his connupence and Patty Hewes is certainly one of the best characters Glenn Close has ever played. Anyone else see it the last one last night any thoughts?

Captain Black -> RE: Damages - S3 US Speed (27/5/2010 5:48:24 PM)

I watched it a while back. Thought it was a pretty good finish considering how many dispirate plot threads they had and they editing to weave them together was really effective. Clearly it was written in the knowledge that they won't be coming back, and the mirroring of the last scene from the first season was pretty well done. I quite liked the Carradine reveal too, even if it went against Patty's character and weakened her a bit; I'd have liked to have seen her a bit more defiant when Ellen asked her if it was worth it.

spark1 -> RE: Damages - S3 US Speed (28/5/2010 1:58:57 PM)

any news on show's future?

Jeffrey -> RE: Damages - S3 US Speed (20/7/2010 4:15:29 PM)

The show is saved!

"After months of negotiations, DirecTV has reached a deal with Sony Pictures Television to acquire Damages from FX. Under the terms of the pact, DirecTV’s 101 network will air two additional seasons of the drama—each consisting of 10 episodes—beginning in 2011."
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/19/directv-deal-saves-damages/

Captain Black -> RE: Damages - S3 US Speed (20/7/2010 5:40:47 PM)

Odd move from DirectTV's point of view. I can't really see how it benefits them since Damages' ratings on F/X were so low anyway, it's not even comparable to their Friday Night Lights situation. I thought it ended on a good note - seems like they could be spinning their wheels a bit if they carry on.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI