The Lone Ranger (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> The Lone Ranger (12/9/2008 8:56:48 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Beno -> RE: HELL YEAH (16/9/2008 1:48:05 PM)

I instantly see Jim Caviesel as The Ranger .

Timon -> RE: The Lone Ranger (28/9/2008 11:16:27 PM)

I think it's very interesting about Johnny Depp being Tonto... I know he's meant to be part Native American somewhere in his family tree but.... it should be interesting. Very curious to see if the current "George Cloony is the Lone Ranger" rumour pans out.

Either way, I'm expecting this to be another Bruckheimer smash and won't be suprised if it completely resurrects the Western genre.

Also, is it true the Lone Ranger is the Green Hornet's great granfather? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.....

Timon -> RE: Newell To Direct Lone Ranger (1/5/2009 8:29:51 AM)

Mike Newell is in talks to direct Walt Disney Pictures' The Lone Ranger, reports Production Weekly.The Lone Ranger's origin story begins with a group of Texas Rangers chasing down a gang of outlaws led by Butch Cavendish. The gang ambushes the Rangers, seemingly killing them all. One survivor is found, however, by an American Indian named Tonto (Johnny Depp), who nurses him back to health. The Ranger, donning a mask and riding a white stallion named Silver, teams up with Tonto to bring the unscrupulous gang and others of that ilk to justice.Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio wrote the script. Newell directed Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and is helming the upcoming Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Looks like Newell is Disney/Touchstone's new go-to guy.

Timon -> RE: The Lone Ranger (11/9/2009 10:35:56 AM)

Latino Review have a script review and it sounds quite promising.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-first-look-at-the-lone-ranger-7945

Timon -> RE: The Lone Ranger (26/1/2012 9:26:15 AM)

Uh oh. The Lone Ranger himself has been busted for having a pitiful amount of drugs on him.

Authorities say Hollywood actor Armie Hammer was arrested at a border patrol checkpoint in West Texas after a drug sniffing dog discovered marijuana in his car.
The 25-year-old, who starred with Leonardo DiCaprio in "J. Edgar," spent about a day in jail before paying a $1,000 bond.

Arrest records show he had 0.02 ounces of marijuana, three medicinal marijuana cookies and one brownie when arrested Nov. 20 in Sierra Blanca, a few miles from the Mexican border.
El Paso's district attorney declined to prosecute because a felony requires more than 4 ounces of actual marijuana. The county attorney could pursue lesser charges since the case is going back to the local sheriff, but Hammer's lawyer Kent Schaffer says no charges have been presented.

Hammer also starred in "The Social Network."

Timon -> RE: The Lone Ranger (28/3/2012 10:32:07 AM)

What I don't understand is how this film is costing so much and why it's going to contain supernatural elements like werewolves?

I was hoping for a film more akin in tone and feel to The Mask of Zorro, which was a good old fashioned 'Western' that was semi-serious but with a wink in its eye.

Discodez -> RE: The Lone Ranger (25/9/2012 12:17:24 PM)

lone ranger pic

Only just seen this image (I know behind the times again) and I did wonder at the time of hearing that Depp had been cast as Tonto how they would approach the "browning up"...

Now I know that to avoid accusations of racism they've decide to make Depp look like some dude from a Norwegian death metal band! Quite frankly he looks bloody ridiculous.

Bad Ash -> RE: The Lone Ranger (25/9/2012 1:40:24 PM)

I think they should've pushed the boat out and gone for the full on Al Jolson look!

Discodez -> RE: The Lone Ranger (25/9/2012 3:37:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bad Ash

I think they should've pushed the boat out and gone for the full on Al Jolson look!

[:D]

I'm just hoping that Depp will do a "big heap wampum, firewater, HOW!" performance and we can finally but to bed the lie that he's a good actor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI