RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

pythonlove -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 3:26:40 AM)

It's excellent. You're in for a treat.

pete_traynor -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 12:16:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Am I right in saying it's airing in the U.S tomorrow, so won't be available for us until Monday?

Yep, Net Flix is streaming the episode right now I believe… damn having to work [:@]! Needless to say, I’ll be running home tonight… fast! [:D]

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 2:23:15 PM)

Oh my. Amazing TV. The show down at the end was awesome. I can't wait a whole week for the next episode! [:(]

It's on! Hank V Walt! [:)]

big dawg -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 5:13:44 PM)

It was tremendous. 7 episodes to get us to that scene at the beginning, and beyond presumably. Can't wait to see how it pans out

jonson -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 5:19:30 PM)

I'm currently at Episode 3, Season 2. [:@]
I will be waiting quite sometime for the finale. I doubt I'll be able to avoid what happens, although I'd have to assume Walt dies at some point.

Zatoichi -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 6:56:13 PM)

The last scene was great, but as a whole it wasn't a very impressive episode. Still looking forward to how it all pans out though.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 7:19:40 PM)

quote:

but as a whole it wasn't a very impressive episode

I thought it was excellent. We saw Jesse guilt ridden and quite clearly at rock bottom. Trying to do the good thing but once again Walt is there to stop him. We saw the 'new' Skyler, you'd never have imagined her like that when looking back at the first series. We found out Walts cancer has returned and he'd given up his business basically (something I didn't think would happen at all). We saw the build up to the final (obviously not so final) confrontation which was to put it no other way, absolutely beautiful. I thought it was excellent! Have I said that already? [:D]

Skiba -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 7:39:43 PM)

"Hello Carol" was brilliant! [:D]

I agree it was a great episode

jcthefirst -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 7:56:21 PM)

That was great.

"Tread lightly."

Peter Griffin -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 8:06:14 PM)

As everybody else has said superb stuff and the face off at the end was ball tingling.
"Tread Lightly" [sm=52.gif]

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 8:16:47 PM)

[image]http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2013/08/12/breaking/punchwalt.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg[/image]

Sway -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 8:33:33 PM)

That face/off was great.

First the awkward dance with 'does he know I know?' written across both their faces, then the inevitable confrontation that broke the tension, followed up with Walt's pleadings of a sick man that turned superbly into a menacing threat.

The whole moment was brilliantly played out.

Captain Black -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 10:02:09 PM)

Highest ever audience figures, apparently. Probably heard about the awesome Skinny Pete and Badger Star Trek discussion.

Love how the show propels things forward by the characters just joining up the dots so quickly; anything else would have had Hank spin his wheels for 3 episodes gathering evidence, and frankly that's possibly a more realistic approach. But fuck all that noise, we want to see the showdown between Hank and Walt and see it now, and it sure delivered on that.

pete_traynor -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 10:06:06 PM)

Great episode bookended with extraordinary material!

Walt retuning to the family household was just chilling.

And that finale!!! Powerhouse performances! Norris was absolutely sensational.

It's going to be a tense few weeks. Cannot wait to see who is coming that Walt bought a freaking Pig for!!!

demoncleaner -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 10:17:46 PM)

Walt's encounter with Lydia at the car wash was so reminiscent of Walt's first encounter with Gus. He's become Gus.

Similarly, the first time I realised Walt was a bad enough guy not to root for anymore was when he was crying in Hank's office "Skylar doesn't love me." And of course two seconds later we realise that's true, but he doesn't really give a toss. So here we see precise echoes of that, the emoting as a preamble to something steelier. It's moments like that I love about this show, they're fucking with the audience more than the characters.

A far more muted opening (returning) episode than has gone before. Nothing of the caper in this, we're definitely in the end game.

Olaf -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (12/8/2013 10:33:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Highest ever audience figures, apparently. Probably heard about the awesome Skinny Pete and Badger Star Trek discussion.

Love how the show propels things forward by the characters just joining up the dots so quickly; anything else would have had Hank spin his wheels for 3 episodes gathering evidence, and frankly that's possibly a more realistic approach. But fuck all that noise, we want to see the showdown between Hank and Walt and see it now, and it sure delivered on that.

I was thinking the same thing, though I came to a different conclusion than you did. The great thing about this show is how the more outlandish plot elements are cancelled out by the characters acting in a realistic way, and it was the same here - most shows would have stretched out the whole 'Hank figures out Walt' thing for a few episodes like you say, but it's already been established that Hank is a lot smarter than that. Given the obvious evidence dropped in his lap (not to mention how suspicious those expensive cars are, or that time Walt put him in a neckbrace with some strange driving), a man with his deductive abilities will piece it together right away.

jcthefirst -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 12:13:41 PM)

You've all read the 'theory' that's been doing the rounds online recently, right?

Peter Griffin -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 12:23:52 PM)

I want to know who Walt's running from, must be the cartel to be packing such heavy weaponary in your boot.

quote:

You've all read the 'theory' that's been doing the rounds online recently, right?

PM me dude [;)]

jcthefirst -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 12:45:35 PM)

PM sent.

Peter Griffin -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 12:51:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

PM sent.

Cheers, love shit like that it blows my mind, suprised i never picked up on it before.

pete_traynor -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 2:03:25 PM)

Pure speculation… but a pre-emptive POSSIBLE SPOILER alert if it turns out to be true… which it probably won’t [:D]

Who set up Fring in Chili… my money is on them coming to town. And the reason would be Jesse. We already know that Sky Blue purity is but a shade of its former self and if Walt is out of the picture, Jesse is the only other cook capable of making true Sky Blue. So I’m thinking that Walt fakes his own death (Carols reaction = seen a ghost!) and the customers are demanding the old, purer meth back. If Fring had let his Chilean contacts know that Jesse can make it before he died, (Mexicans already know) then Jesse is a very valuable individual indeed.

So if the Chileans, Mexicans or the Phoenix crew take him, could Walt be returning to try and rescue him? If everyone Walt cared about is gone in the flash forwards (dead or otherwise) then Walt may view his last act of saving Jesse as a possible route to redemption before death.

galvatron -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 3:16:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

PM sent.

Cheers, love shit like that it blows my mind, suprised i never picked up on it before.

Can you send me this PM as well please?

galvatron -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 3:28:17 PM)

The episode was fantastic and I'm glad that they got Walt and Hank facing off straight away. It'll be interesting to see how Hank is going to go after him, how much evidence does he have?

Peter Griffin -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 3:36:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

PM sent.

Can you send me this PM as well please?

Forwarded.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 4:09:27 PM)

quote:

This one? WARNING THERE ARE SPOILERS INCLUDING ONES FOR THE LATEST EPISODE http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/this-breaking-bad-theory-is-pretty-mindblowing

jcthefirst -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 4:15:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

This one? WARNING THERE ARE SPOILERS INCLUDING ONES FOR THE LATEST EPISODE http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/this-breaking-bad-theory-is-pretty-mindblowing

Can't check that link in work, but buzzfeed is where I saw the original one. Didn't know it had been updated after episode 9.

Towel?

paul_ie86 -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 4:22:39 PM)

Yep

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (13/8/2013 7:51:05 PM)

I prefer this theory in honesty:

Clicky!

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (15/8/2013 7:20:26 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWrRPohom3I

Erlenmeyer Flask -> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed (15/8/2013 7:58:15 PM)

The episode was in memory of 16 year old Kevin Cordasco. He died from cancer a few months ago. [image]http://i.imgur.com/M5VOK.jpg[/image]

[:(]

Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI