RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

rawlinson -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (6/9/2012 1:53:31 PM)

It's a security system you can install in a car so the police can track it if it's stolen. Hank figures because Jesse spent a lot on the car that it'd probably have it installed.

donethinking -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (6/9/2012 1:59:31 PM)

Ahhh ok, I need to get more up to date with my intel [:)] Ok I'm outta here before I get spoiled!

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (8/9/2012 12:01:41 PM)

[image]http://i.imgur.com/kXIHY.gif[/image]

donethinking -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (14/9/2012 9:51:10 AM)

Wow the pace really took a tumble in episode 10 season 3, all that stuff chasing a fly..
episode 11 not much better, hope things pick up again soon!

dark crystal -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (14/9/2012 4:34:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

After thinking about this for a bit i've come to the conclusion that Hank doesn't actually have very much hard evidence against Walt. There's a lot that could be dug up, but hasn't been.

Other than the notebook what does he have? I'm sure after this finale Walt will be put under investigation and things like the spider-jar will come to light but i'm not predicting the epic confrontation early next season I initially expected. Hank is smarter than that and will play it cool.

Gonna be tense!

Can't remember now if it was season1 or two, but there was the episode where Hank discovered all the meth equipment had originated from Walt's school science lab. Put this together with the book and the White family's sudden windfall (enough to buy a new business and pay all of Hank's medical bills) and it doesn't take Einstein to figure it out!

Vince Gilligan has said it's likely that Season 5 pt.2 will jump a year or so into the future (when the season opener took place), so we might be left waiting to see the immediate aftermath of Hank's discovery. I can't wait to see what happens either way!

On a side note, anyone else disappointed with the lack of Saul so far this season?

donethinking -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (26/9/2012 10:25:41 AM)

Just started season 5, not likeing new Walt...sitting watching scarface with his daughter on his lap, slimeing up to scared Sklyer..[&:]

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (26/9/2012 10:27:17 AM)

That's because it's Heisenberg [;)]

furrybastard -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (26/9/2012 8:19:20 PM)

Aaron Paul (Jesse) on The Price Is Right a few years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulBeytn3bT0&feature=youtu.be

He's really excited about being on the show. [:D]

Castor Troy -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (26/9/2012 8:38:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Aaron Paul (Jesse) on The Price Is Right a few years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulBeytn3bT0&feature=youtu.be

Also, this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22mFl_pDaVE&feature=related

donethinking -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (26/9/2012 10:00:09 PM)

So Walt basically becomes the bad guy by the looks of things, gonna be interesting to see how this pans out!

talpacino -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (27/9/2012 10:43:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

That's class. [:D]

The price is wrong, bitch!

donethinking -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (28/9/2012 10:26:25 AM)

by far the best TV series I've ever watched EVER period!

the book in the bathroom tho, massive oversight by walt not to destroy that book or at least rip that page out!

furrybastard -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (9/10/2012 7:54:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

by far the best TV series I've ever watched EVER period!

the book in the bathroom tho, massive oversight by walt not to destroy that book or at least rip that page out!

Hubris. Walt is undone by his own ego, thinking he could never get caught. He's too arrogant to realise that Hank could put all the pieces together, especially as he'd missed the mark so many times before (which was referenced in the flashback in that scene).

Can't believe we have to wait a whole year for the next eight episodes [&:]

sanchia -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (7/11/2012 7:06:24 PM)

Nothing new but there are puppies.

[image]http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/resized_eCHaj.jpg[/image]

Scruffybobby -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (7/11/2012 7:11:02 PM)

Okay so after reading lots about how great this is I got the first 3 seasons in HMV for 22. Am looking forward to watching.

Sway -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (7/11/2012 7:29:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Okay so after reading lots about how great this is I got the first 3 seasons in HMV for 22. Am looking forward to watching.

You will not be disappointed. This is my favourite tv show right after Band of Brothers.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (26/11/2012 4:18:32 PM)

After starting this in August, I finally got right up to date with it last night.

Just simply a fantastic television show. Can't remember who said it earlier in the thread but whoever proclaimed BB as stressful telly got it bang on the money. It's been a long time since I've watched something with so many heart in mouth moments - the absolute pinnacle for me being Hank's confrontation with Tuco's cousins in season 3.

I love the fact too that Walt's grievances over the abject failings in his professional life is the thing that propelled him to the heinous level he's now reached & how the arrogance installed within him through surviving so many dangerous people is what will ultimately cost him. After all those numerous hoops he's successfully jumped through, it's as something as innocuous as a book of Walt Whitman work that'll be the catalyst for his downfall. Fittingly poetic you might say. [;)]

Absolutely fascinated to see what Hank is going to do now. A part of me feels he may well help Walt go on the run - partially because of their personal relationship & partially because of the impact it would bring on his position at the DEA (his predecessor's disdain over Gus being "under his nose" feels rather poignant in this regard). Then again, after the part time job/monsters story, maybe even that will be too much for Hank to soak up rationally. Either way, I've never looked as forward to seeing someone come out of a toilet. [:D]

The 8 month wait however is going to be a killer....[:(]

jcthefirst -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (21/12/2012 1:17:55 PM)

Up to date now.

"I HATE YOU WALT FREAKING WHITMAN! LEAVES OF GRASS MY ASS"

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (21/3/2013 6:43:54 PM)

Only about four months to go yo! [:D]

Sway -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (21/3/2013 9:59:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Only about four months to go yo! [:D]

YEAH, BITCH!

Lang -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (21/3/2013 11:04:07 PM)

Christ and i'm doing a breaking bad catch up now.....[:(]

Sway -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (18/4/2013 10:38:13 AM)

11th of August - mark that in your calendar, yo!

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/breaking-bad-sets-return-date-for-final-episodes-20130417

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (19/4/2013 6:01:41 PM)

quote:

11th of August - mark that in your calendar, yo!

[image]http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/tumblr_lzcnn2wIFe1qi0hnvo1_500.gif[/image]

sanchia -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (20/4/2013 11:28:43 AM)

[image]http://greatfaceandbody.com/Images/Updated-Mark/BathingBad_Salts_bag660.jpg[/image]

Have a nice bath then settle down and watch.

Captain Black -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (20/4/2013 12:18:52 PM)

That's my new favourite .gif. [:D]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (6/5/2013 10:58:21 AM)

The last few weeks have seen me play catchup with this show. I'd seen and loved seasons 1 & 2 a few years back but nothing beyond that. So having now seen all 54 existing episodes in a fortnight, I think I can say this is now in my top 5 shows. Watching it all so quickly my nerves are shredded, everytime I've stopped watching for the day I've been on tenterhooks until I could start again [:D] Special pulse-quickening shoutouts to Fly - seriously, how good is that episode?. It might be my favourite episode of dramatic TV since Deadwood. Funny, tense and heartbreaking in equal measure - One Minute, Crawlspace and Dead Freight.

A few times in S4 and 5, I was reminded of The Shield (SPOILERS FOR THE SHIELD FOLLOW! which is no bad thing. As the lies and deceit place our protagonists in ever greater danger, there are downward spirals, shifting alliances and uneasy truces galore. There are also a few plot contrivances that threaten to undermine all the good stuff, the Beneke stuff in particular grated with me. However, in the Shield, no-one and I mean no-one, came out of that show even remotely happy. It was utterly fantastic and completely depressing all at once and as much as Breaking Bad cannot have a unicorns and rainbows ending, I don't know if I could stand another all-out bleak ending. After all, I still kinda hope Walt can redeem himself. Up until S5, I actually liked the dude a lot, and could at least understand his actions. But the ego of the last eight episodes really, really tested my patience for the man, especially his treatment of Skylar, yet I still want him to do good. I don't want Hank to catch him. Unless of course he kills Jesse, that would be an unforgiveable crime.

One thing I love is the fact that, so far, it all plays out in about 16 months or so. It lends a sense of immediacy that other shows lack, and the way it brings back plot elements that we thought had been dealt with sufficiently, Tio, Combo's murder etc, helps make it brilliantly tense and concise. And the performances are second to none. Watching Cranston as Walt back in S1, there's a bit, not much but a bit, of the love loveable doofus Hal he played in Malcolm In The Middle. All traces of that are gone now and seeing that shift has been fantastic' Cranston deserves every award on the planet, how he's not got a Golden Globe yet I'll never know. Just as good is Aaron Paul and I'd give him awards simply for his "yo"s and "bitch"s, but add to that the stunningly good performance, it's just Tv heaven. truly great performance. The whole cast is ace. The whole damn show is ace, I love it.

demoncleaner -> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA (20/5/2013 10:02:43 PM)

Finished this last night after roughly 3 weekends. It has to be the best thing ever. It has to be.

The caper provides the high entertainment but when it does serious, my God does it do serious. Unlike any crime story I've ever seen,which all have some degree of sociopathy I wasn't prepared for the extent that this show grieves for the mistakes and misdeeds of it's characters. Endlessly inventive but hardly contrived at all, It has plot development you may not see coming but in hindsight you're probably left thinking "well of course that was going to happen, that makes perfect sense, how could that have happened any other way". Such a natural growth to it and a mind expanding imagination. A real genre buster.

demoncleaner -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (22/5/2013 6:19:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

[image]http://i.imgur.com/kXIHY.gif[/image]

Best gif ever....

I just hear Squeeze's "Up the junction" playing in the background.

"Alone here in the kitchen, I feel there's something missing, I beg for some forgiveness....but begging's not my business"

"I'm in the empire business!"

demoncleaner -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (22/5/2013 6:39:23 AM)

"Hiya Ted.. who I am doesn't matter, what matter's is, you and I have to keep Hywel happy."

"Who's Hywel?"

"This is Hywel. Hywel, this is Ted. Hywel are you happy?"

"Reasonably."

film man aidy -> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th (6/6/2013 11:08:28 AM)

Have recently started watching this (and loving it), and am about halfway through the second season. I like Walt, but the character I really root for is Jessie. Just seen 'Peekaboo' (one of the best yet - watch out for that ATM!), and his character comes across as a genuinely good person, that's made some very bad choice's in life, yo...

Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI