Jerry Bruckheimer Is Killing Rommel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Jerry Bruckheimer Is Killing Rommel (3/9/2008 7:49:30 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Timon -> Killing Rommel (3/9/2008 7:49:30 AM)

'Rommel' is a fantastic book so this is great news. Should be interesting to see who they cast to portray the members of the Long Range Desert Group.

I'd love to see more of Pressfield's books adapted, most notably his Alexander duo but after Stone's turkey, this is unlikely.

Good start to the day methinks.

jameslowe -> Randall Wallace is fantastic... (3/9/2008 11:37:51 AM)

I am sick of people critising Randall Wallace. Braveheart was indeed a great script, and as for We Were Soldiers, I think it is absolutely brilliant, going so far as to say that it is one of the best modern depictions of war and the army (up there with the much maligned Saving Private Ryan). I served as an officer in the Infantry for 5 years and can tell you that aspects of it are incredibly realistic. Don't comment on what most of you out there have no idea about.

Blyman -> Optimus Prime in WW2? (3/9/2008 11:42:45 AM)

Sounds promising. Although slightly concerned at what the inevitable American re-writing of history will be as surely they wont stand for a film about British soldiers? So will the general be Optimus Prime? Will the Nazis be played by terrorists? And just how bad was Pearl Harbour. Not really relevant but always worth mentioning.

RAJEEVSHETTY -> Killing Rommel (3/9/2008 3:32:32 PM)

Why is We Were Soldiers in the "debit" column. It was a very good film. I remember that Empire gave it three stars which used to mean "Good". Having said that, the Phantom Menance got five stars......

Barry -> Directorial Misfire? (3/9/2008 4:11:45 PM)

Wait a second... We Were Soldiers was a decent film! It was given a good review by Empire!? I don't see why it was a "directorial misfire"???

If anything... His Pearl Harbour script was a misfire. Pearl Harbour sucked. (And I miss you)

baronbeefgoathead -> Empire opinions (4/9/2008 2:19:16 AM)

This article directed readers to related links, one being the Empire review of We Were Soldiers, which is mocked in the article above in an odd way, I read the review, and having not seen the film would be persuaded by the review to see it. Either Empire need to develope a new rating system for films as the five star thing is obviously not working, since Anchorman which is regarded as a classic by them received the same rating as We Were Soldiers. The half witted and often revoked bilge of Empire review needs to be more carefully considered in future I think. After paying for the magazine that claims the latest Indiana Jones film was worth watching, I am appalled that there has not either been an apology or an acknowledegement of the fact that the magazine is overpiced and it's reviewers overpaid when encouraging people top pay over an hour's wages to watch utter filth.

Nicky C -> Opinions ... (4/9/2008 9:39:40 AM)

are like buttholes. Everyone's got one, and they all stink! Including mine, and including the opinions offered by reviewers. Make up your own mind and ignore the star rating system. Maybe it's time to get rid of it? It might encourage the writers to offer more constructive criticism and stop. Using. Bad. Grammar. or trying to inject jokes when they aren't needed. Yesterday their was a reference to football on this site. That sh*t needs to stop.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI