Vadim Perelman To Direct Poltergeist (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Vadim Perelman To Direct Poltergeist (2/9/2008 9:31:03 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Seamie -> They're hheeeeeeeerrrree! (2/9/2008 9:31:03 AM)

'This house.....is clean!'

Manfrendshensindshen -> (2/9/2008 12:09:38 PM)

I've only seen House Of Sand And Fog, which was a bit pretentious and leaden, but Perelman really seems to know how to direct actors (see Ben Kingsley's frankly astonishing turn, featuring a spot on Iranian accent). And he knows how to shoot beautiful women's curves... ahem. Consider me somewhat interested.

coljohnmatrix -> (2/9/2008 5:26:38 PM)

Robocop remake? Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JediBobster -> RE: (2/9/2008 7:19:02 PM)

"...remake of Steven Spielber – sorry, Tobe Hooper’s 1980 horror classic, Poltergeist."

Empire, it's no good coming over all pedantic if in the very same sentence you're going to muck up the year of the original film. Everyone knows (well I thought they did) that Poltergeist came out in 1982. That genius year that also gave us E.T., The Thing, Star Trek The Wrath of Khan, Conan the Barbarian, Blade Runner, Rocky III, First Blood and...um...Tootsie.

Anyways, can't see much point in this, no-one can match Craig T. Nelson as the Dad. The man is an under-rated legend.

Is this going to be a similar case to the competent but hardly necessary recent versions of The Amityville Horror and The Omen?

Or will it be case of "You moved the title, but you left the decent film, didn't you? You son of a bitch, you left the wit and style and you only moved the title. You only moved the title! Why? Why?!"

JEDI BOBSTER

ewanmc -> Please..... (2/9/2008 9:46:37 PM)

This pisses me off. If you can't come up with ideas for decent new movies, just DON'T BOTHER. Stop remaking films that were done perfectly well in the first place.

Knight of Fury -> Dear Me (2/9/2008 11:00:54 PM)

Why remake solidly successful films with so much baggage (robocop is a now a near universal cultural icon)? It shows a great lack of imagination on MGM's part. If they are so artistically bankrupt that they have to rehash so many of their old films why not 're-imagine' films that didn't go the distance the first time. Regardless of the directors these films will be yet more nails in the coffin of courage and art in modern cinema.

SUPER_movie_FREAK -> The new Robocop isn't a remake (4/9/2008 2:21:06 AM)

The new Robocop film is NOT a remake and shouldn't be regarded as one of the remakes MGM is churning out. It's the fourth in the series and will carry on from where the 3rd film left off. Here's my proof, do your research EMPIRE -

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12913

Regarding the Poltergeist remake, I won't judge until I've seen it.

DancingClown -> RE: Vadim Perelman To Direct Poltergeist (28/9/2008 6:05:03 PM)

Stupid cunts. When will Hollywood stop raping its own classics? It's absurd. And I couldn't care less if it was being directed by Martin Scorcese, it is utterly pointless.

But then again. This remake will be consigned to the bargain bin with all the other recent horror remakes that have failed to make any impact other than to be laughed at and ridiculed - Psycho, Omen, Texas Chainsaw, et al. With a lot of these movies it is still the originals that are talked about and revered, while the remakes are discarded for what they are. Cheap cash-ins.

It'll just make me love the original even more.

Sphinx -> RE: Vadim Perelman To Direct Poltergeist (29/9/2008 9:51:53 PM)

This is really happening, God if they go near E.T or breakfast at tiffany's I don't know what I'll do![:@]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
7.714844E-02