RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Buddy Ackerman -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (15/11/2011 10:22:36 AM)

Trailer at Christmas!

The IGN piece speculates it's Sherlock Holmes or Tintin. Obviously we already have Tintin so it won't be that with us and I think they'll want to have the release of the trailer be a worldwide event so I reckon Sherlock - everyone gets it at the same time plus it's a WB film the same as The Hobbit.

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (15/11/2011 6:28:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buddy Ackerman

Trailer at Christmas!

The IGN piece speculates it's Sherlock Holmes or Tintin. Obviously we already have Tintin so it won't be that with us and I think they'll want to have the release of the trailer be a worldwide event so I reckon Sherlock - everyone gets it at the same time plus it's a WB film the same as The Hobbit.

[sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif]

Spaldron -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (15/11/2011 6:39:59 PM)

quote:

Trailer at Christmas!

Dunno about that, remember Jackson co-produced Tintin so I'd say there's a good chance it'll be with that film. Sherlock already has TDKR attached to it so I can't see them putting two major teasers on one film. Saying that we may get it with Sherlock and the Yanks will get it with Tintin.

Scruffybobby -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (15/11/2011 7:36:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

Trailer at Christmas!

Dunno about that, remember Jackson co-produced Tintin so I'd say there's a good chance it'll be with that film. Sherlock already has TDKR attached to it so I can't see them putting two major teasers on one film. Saying that we may get it with Sherlock and the Yanks will get it with Tintin.

I'd hoped that we'd get a trailer with Tintin due to Jackson's involvement. Maybe was just a bit too early for us but will defo expect to see it with the US release.

Buddy Ackerman -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (15/11/2011 9:18:46 PM)

quote:

True but that's Paramount whereas Sherlock is WB, the same as DKR and Hobbit so it makes sense that they'd like to make Sherlock more of an event by having possibly the two most anticipated trailers attached to it.

We won't get it with separate films either as Sherlock is out 5 days before Tintin and there's no way they'll let us get The Hobbit trailer early. If they put it with Sherlock the whole world gets it at the same time, WB gets a boost and Tintin can still have it attached when its released.

Of course there is always the chance that Jackson may be able to overrule WB and demand it be put on the front of his own film so I'm not ruling it out. Just that Sherlock is the most likely out of the two.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (15/11/2011 11:55:11 PM)

Actully it makes sense for Warners to space out the two trailers. Putting them onto the same picture will result in them sharing news cycle, as opposed to Batman one week, and the Hobbit the next.

Man, Warners is going to own next year.

Spaldron -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (16/11/2011 2:54:10 AM)

Whatever happens I'm going to see Sherlock 2 this christmas. [:D]

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (16/11/2011 3:51:27 AM)

quote:

Whatever happens I'm going to see Sherlock 2 this christmas. [:D]

I'm there already....

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (16/11/2011 6:00:01 PM)

A few snippets and interviews have been uploaded to TheOneRing.

Go take a looky!

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (17/11/2011 5:00:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

A few snippets and interviews have been uploaded to TheOneRing.

Go take a looky!

Nice find! [sm=happy34.gif]

... I'm nabbing that for Bookface! [:D]

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (21/11/2011 9:06:22 PM)

Empire mini-interview with Bret McKenzie:~

Click

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (22/11/2011 6:07:13 PM)

Video interview with Benedict Cumberbatch:~

For Your Viewing Pleasure

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (24/11/2011 8:17:56 PM)

A behind-the-scenes look at The Hobbit filming:~

Ain't It Cool News

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (25/11/2011 1:59:51 AM)

Ref... (in a Ferrero Rocher type style) "You are really spoiling us"!
[:D] Sweeet.

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (25/11/2011 5:46:27 PM)

I try to keep my fellow Hobbit fans informed of everything, Ninja [:D]

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (26/11/2011 11:34:56 AM)

As it's the beginning of Advent tomorrow, I bring you a silly link from ToRN:~

Hobbiting Around the Christmas Tree

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (26/11/2011 5:14:42 PM)

quote:

ZOMG! [sm=happy07.gif]

Spaldron -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (26/11/2011 6:01:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ZOMG! [sm=happy07.gif]

Brilliant! [:D]

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (28/11/2011 4:26:11 PM)

Another set report from AiCN:~

Spoilers be ahead!

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (29/11/2011 6:38:09 PM)

Two sets of news today:~

Ian McKellen has updated his Blog.

The Hobbit Trailer to be released before Tintin in America.

Spaldron -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (29/11/2011 7:23:37 PM)

quote:

The Hobbit Trailer to be released before Tintin in America.

I knew it! So what film are we getting with it here?

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (29/11/2011 7:48:46 PM)

Well Buddy Ackerman reckons that we might get it attached to Sherlock, but you know how these Big Studios are; probably forget about both of our fair lands [:(]

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (11/12/2011 2:49:24 PM)

The trailer has screened at Butt Numb A Thon but no one is allowed to talk about it.

Spaldron -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (11/12/2011 2:50:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The trailer has screened at Butt Numb A Thon but no one is allowed to talk about it.

[sm=ohmy.gif][sm=ohmy.gif][sm=ohmy.gif][sm=ohmy.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=sad15.gif][sm=sad15.gif][sm=sad15.gif][sm=sad15.gif]

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (11/12/2011 2:51:57 PM)

Give it a day and a trailer description will be out there. 

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (11/12/2011 3:41:47 PM)

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

[sm=w00t.gif]

Buddy Ackerman -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (12/12/2011 10:56:13 AM)

quote:

Well Buddy Ackerman reckons that we might get it attached to Sherlock, but you know how these Big Studios are; probably forget about both of our fair lands [:(]

As we get Sherlock on the 16th (and Tintin is the 21st in the US) I don't think we will - I know it was the assumed plan by WB over here (that it would get a worldwide release with Sherlock) but that's obviously not the case any more.

So my guess is that it will be available to cinemas from the 21st over here but not attached to any specific film (it's not as common over here for trailers to be attached to films). The only problem there is that cinemas may be reluctant to alter their trailer programming mid-week and we won't see it in rotation with our films until 23rd.

I hope I'm woring about that last bit though - I'm off to see Mission: Impossible at the IMAX on 22nd and I hope they get over-eager and put the trailer in as soon as they get it.

Ref -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (12/12/2011 4:19:04 PM)

Must say Buddy that The Hobbit trailer was shown at BNAT13 yesterday, so we might *might* see it before Sherlock. Fingers crossed anyhow.

I'm desperately trying to find a copy, but as of yet no luck.

Buddy Ackerman -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (12/12/2011 4:32:48 PM)

quote:

Must say Buddy that The Hobbit trailer was shown at BNAT13 yesterday, so we might *might* see it before Sherlock. Fingers crossed anyhow.

I'm desperately trying to find a copy, but as of yet no luck.

I don't think we'll see an official release before Tintin, which is a shame as I was hoping that if it was with Sherlock on the 16th that they'd release it online on Wednesday to mark the start of the year-long countdown (wishful thinking I know!) but there is the chance of a camera phone version.

The security's supposed to be pretty tight at BNAT though - and if one does crop up I'll have to use all of my willpower not to watch it! I want my first glimpse of new Middle-Earth footage in 7 years to be a magnificent as it should be but it will be very hard to resist if a dodgy copy pops up.

Fit Kisto -> RE: The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (13/12/2011 12:54:09 PM)

Tintin's a midweek release in the US. Dec 21st. So its seems unlikely that a Hobbit trailer will be attached to Sherlock on Friday 16th. Hopefully the trailer won't be movie theater exclusive and will go worldwide on the same day.

Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.492188E-02