Hobbit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

ryecatcher -> Hobbit (21/8/2008 1:32:52 PM)

Why 2 films, its only a short book, 1 would be plenty, and why these 3 writing it, they fucked up lord of the rings, especially the two towers, how much are they going to add to the book to make it two films, it seems to me its all about money.

pete_traynor -> RE: Why 2 films (21/8/2008 5:01:48 PM)

The BBC has it wrong. The adaptation of the Hobbit has always been one movie. What they have missed out with their sloppy research is that the 2nd film will be an original story that will fill the time frame and take us up to the opening of TLOTR

rupert303 -> RE: Why 2 films (21/8/2008 5:21:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

The BBC has it wrong. The adaptation of the Hobbit has always been one movie. What they have missed out with their sloppy research is that the 2nd film will be an original story that will fill the time frame and take us up to the opening of TLOTR

don't even get me started on this!

beleg -> 2nd film must be about Aragorn (21/8/2008 6:53:11 PM)

why is everyone worried about the 2nd film, surely the writers of the LOTR will deliver 2 top quality films, the Hobbit needs to be like the LOTR(both film and Book) and not like the child-like book(trolls called Bert &Tom)and should include the white council and lothlorien elves driving Sauron from Dol Guldur, The 2nd film will concentrate on Aragorn, his wanderings with gandalf, early romance with Arwen fighting for Thengel of Rohan and Ecthelion of Gondor and his victory over the corsairs at Umbar and his pursuit of Gollum with Gandalf and eventual capture and deliveryu to Thranduil, After these films how about the silmarillion as a trilogy each film concentrating on the 3 main human stories in the war of the jewels- Beren, Turin and Tuor, that would be brilliant if done right.

somekindof_battery -> RE: Why 2 films (22/8/2008 2:06:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rupert303

quote:

I don't see a problem, there's oodles of material to draw from, it's not like they're creating something totally new. Tolken wrote loads about middle earth outside of the Hobbit and LotR

Also i watched Return of the King today. i fringging love that film even if it has 6 endings.

darrenlmf -> RE: Why 2 films (22/8/2008 2:54:00 PM)

Loved the LotR trilogy - hope the Hobbit isn't a let down but I think the right people are on board to make it a success.  Not sure why they are doing 2 films though as all of the other films were based on the books.

pete_traynor -> RE: Why NOT 2 films??? (22/8/2008 3:31:41 PM)

I really canít see why anyone is all that worried about the 2nd film. Itís another Jackson and co journey into Middle Earth! I donít think those of us who enjoyed the last three are in the minority by any stretch of the imagination. I have complete faith that they will pull this off and while people have complained about certain major revisions considered for the first films (Arwen at Helms Deep, Sauron fight in ROTK etc) Jackson never included them, realising that it was never intended by Tolkien. His, and his teams respect for the material won out and will again. Just No James Mcavoy as Bilbo please. I donít like himÖ

pete_traynor -> RE: Why 2 films (22/8/2008 3:35:00 PM)

quote:

What, the rapidly declining standards at the BBC? [;)]

rupert303 -> RE: Why 2 films (25/8/2008 9:00:26 AM)

quote:

quote:

What, the rapidly declining standards at the BBC? [;)]

[:D]

JokerTheClown -> RE: 2nd film must be about Aragorn (28/8/2008 10:03:59 AM)

"the Hobbit needs to be like the LOTR(both film and Book) and not like the child-like book(trolls called Bert &Tom)"/

Really, so you don't want an adaptation of the book and for it to just be completely different? "The Hobbit" wasn't a child-like book at all. Bert and Tom were their names, so they'll probably be in the film with those names. Deal with it.

Rumbaabaa -> RE: 2nd film must be about Aragorn (28/8/2008 10:19:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JokerTheClown

"the Hobbit needs to be like the LOTR(both film and Book) and not like the child-like book(trolls called Bert &Tom)"/

Really, so you don't want an adaptation of the book and for it to just be completely different? "The Hobbit" wasn't a child-like book at all. Bert and Tom were their names, so they'll probably be in the film with those names. Deal with it.

Really? It is a children's book, you know...

BlancmangePie -> RE: 2nd film must be about Aragorn (2/9/2008 6:05:43 PM)

You know your facts. I hope they don't make a film based on the Silmarillion; it'd be far too long and have too many events in it.
They should adapt...erm...is it "The Book of Lost Tales"? Something like that. They'd make good films.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI