RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

elab49 -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (26/8/2008 7:03:27 PM)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38074

Has anyone heard anything a little more concrete about this?

Joedini -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (26/8/2008 7:21:10 PM)

the official Red Dwarf site hints towards something happening ....

Wedge -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (29/8/2008 7:13:17 AM)

Interesting news here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1615283.ece

igotnewlegs -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (29/8/2008 9:44:22 AM)

It'll only be any good if its done by the BBC, has Rob Grant on board and doesn't star Kristine Fuckin Kochanski - the latter two being the main reason the show went a bit shit.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (29/8/2008 10:43:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: igotnewlegs

It'll only be any good if its done by the BBC, has Rob Grant on board and doesn't star Kristine Fuckin Kochanski - the latter two being the main reason the show went a bit shit.

The Jar Jar Binks of the series.

The whole charm of Red Dwarf was that these were four sad males drifting in space.

Also the cheap effects! I don't think the makers themselves realise that this was why it worked (at least the first few series).

igotnewlegs -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (29/8/2008 10:48:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

The Jar Jar Binks of the series.

The whole charm of Red Dwarf was that these were four sad males drifting in space.

Also the cheap effects! I don't think the makers themselves realise that this was why it worked (at least the first few series).

Exactly, Rob Grant knew this but the clueless Doug Naylor didn't. When Grant left it gave licence to Naylor to completely destroy the balance achieved over 6 fine series. Plus Naylor just isn't funny, whereas Grant has proved his worth as a successful author post Dwarf.

Monkeyshaver -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (29/8/2008 2:16:57 PM)

Well according to the report on Chortle its grant naylor back together! Hopefully they'll ignore series 7 & 8 & wrap things up from series 6 before the show went shite!!
http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2008/08/27/7307/red_dwarf_returns

The Mighty Quinn -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (11/9/2008 6:23:02 PM)

http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/?p=2571

More news on the return od RD

timomouse -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (11/9/2008 6:43:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeyshaver

Well according to the report on Chortle its grant naylor back together! Hopefully they'll ignore series 7 & 8 & wrap things up from series 6 before the show went shite!!
http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2008/08/27/7307/red_dwarf_returns

Yeah, I'm not sure how you could really continue on from the end of S8 and be canon. It wouldn't make sense.

Wedge -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (20/9/2008 11:28:27 AM)

It's official now.  There will be new Red Dwarf episodes!!! Yay!  On Dave. [&:]

Visit Reddwarf.co.uk for the news!

Or read below....

19 September, 2008 New specials? Proper information? After all the rumours? Oh smeg yes. reddwarf.co.uk has the facts. As announced by Robert Llewellyn for Grant Naylor Productions this week at the UKTV seasonal press launch, the project is a short series of brand new specials to celebrate the 21st birthday of Red Dwarf. [image]http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2008/09/19/new%2Dred%2Ddwarf%2Dspecials%2Dconfirmed/new-dwarf-1s.jpg[/image] [image]http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2008/09/19/new%2Dred%2Ddwarf%2Dspecials%2Dconfirmed/new-dwarf-3s.jpg[/image] [image]http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2008/09/19/new%2Dred%2Ddwarf%2Dspecials%2Dconfirmed/new-dwarf-2s.jpg[/image] Doug Naylor will be masterminding the four half-hour instalments, and the regular cast will all be reprising their iconic roles. They are being made by GNP for UKTV's free-to-air channel, Dave - our new best friends! Red Dwarf repeats on Dave - including an anniversary weekend run - have picked up remarkable numbers since the channel was reborn on Freeview, and it's becoming clear to all concerned that the show is picking a new, third generation audience. With the usual involvement from Red Dwarf partners BBC Worldwide, you can also expect international broadcasts to follow (and, we'd imagine, a top-quality DVD release in the fullness of time). It's very new news to me - I really only fully heard the details yesterday, Robert told comedian/host Michael McIntyre. We're doing four new shows with the original cast. Two of them are going to be, like, proper episodes of Red Dwarf. One of them is so exciting I've been asked not to say anything about that because other people will steal the idea - and it is a great idea, quite challenging for us as performers. And the other one is a kind of behind-the-scenes-y... the truth. There's been so many rumours and gossip about Red Dwarf, about whether there's going to be a movie and whether we all get on, all those things... The downside for me, which is just dawning on me now, is I've got to do the 'rubber' thing again, which I haven't done for ten years. For the record, and direct from the makers, the details of the four shows right now - while wholly subject to change - are: Show One - The Making Of The Specials A highly entertaining look at what goes on behind the scenes on a Red Dwarf production. Show Two - Red Dwarf Special: Part One The cast get back into character, and costume, a decade on... Show Three - Red Dwarf Special: Part Two The adventure continues... Show Four - A Clip Show With a Serious Difference The cast do it their way. Red Dwarf as you have never, ever seen it before! The shows will broadcast sometime in 2009 and, if successful, could pave the way for further Red Dwarf TV projects. Thanks to movie and broadcaster wrangles, Grant Naylor haven't been in a position to produce new Red Dwarf since Series VIII went out to audiences of over eight million in 1999. This exciting development suggests a new and shiny future for everyone's favourite sci-fi comedy. To be kept in the loop as we cover the new production, register your email address with reddwarf.co.uk in the box at the bottom of the page. The Boys from the Dwarf are back!

KnightofZyryab -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (20/9/2008 7:10:26 PM)

Wow ! Is this for real real ? Hopefully Doug Naylor will be up to scribing on his own again, could be good although it'll ne hard to recreate the comedic brilliance of the originals.

bobbydee -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (21/9/2008 10:33:18 AM)

love the dwarf! think its genius. only bad season being 7 but that's cos theres no Rimmer. Without him life is meaningless. favourite episode has to be Polymorph season three:

'RIMMER: I think we're all beginning to lose sight of the real issue here, which is what are we going to call ourselves. And I think it comes down to a choice between the League Against Salivating Monsters or my own personal preference, which is the Committee for the Liberation and Intergration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society. Uh, one drawback with that: the abbreviation spells Clitoris.'

Amazing!

John_P -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (21/9/2008 7:01:19 PM)

fan-smeggin-tastic never thought this would happen.
From reading that we get two new episodes of Dwarf (or a 1 hour special cut in half) and a couple of new documentarys. Excellent stuff, and with Doug Naylor back on board hopefully this could be something special.

bobbydee -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (24/9/2008 1:43:24 PM)

[sm=52.gif][sm=51.gif][sm=05.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif][sm=worship.gif][sm=worship.gif]

i think the above accurately portrayes my feelings toward the thought of a red dwarf reunion. not sure about this sketch show thing for Dave. Sounds a bit irrelevent just to do some random new sketches between old clips

Manny -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (25/9/2008 1:46:21 PM)

smoke me a kipper skipper I'll be back for breakfast

I hope this is great, I still list on my CV that I saw the first seires when it was shown (ok no I don't)

richCie -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (3/10/2008 1:46:51 PM)

yay!
If this is back to Series 1-6 standards i shall be a very very happy man!
It was mentioned in the Radio Times aswell.
It's happening!
[:)][8D][;)][:D][:)][8D][;)][:D]

theoriginalcynic -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (6/1/2009 11:37:01 AM)

This is great news because at the very least they can wrap up the cliffhanger.  I just found out about this today! I think the BBC are stupid for passing on a movie and series nine.  But they're happy to release the DVD's how many times now? Surley they see the potential for profit or are they just stupid? If the cretors of Dwarf can't get a new series on the air what hope do new writers have?

icelandicwolf -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (6/1/2009 12:40:15 PM)

am  sad that's it's only two episodes in reality, but it will be good to see the boys from the dwarf again.
Not seen season 7 or 8 and by the sound of it I haven't missed much either lol, guess that's what happens when you move away from the uk for a few years lol.

KnightofZyryab -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (6/1/2009 1:59:07 PM)

Who's betting on that we get an appearance from Ace Rimmer ? Or Duane Dibbley ? Man, really can't wait !

igotnewlegs -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (6/1/2009 2:03:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightofZyryab

Who's betting on that we get an appearance from Ace Rimmer ? Or Duane Dibbley ? Man, really can't wait !

What a guy.

KnightofZyryab -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (6/1/2009 3:47:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

What a guy.

Smoke me a kipper skipper, I'll be back for breakfast. [:D]

theoriginalcynic -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (6/1/2009 7:22:38 PM)

If the two episodes are successful we might get a new series... so spread the word

mafyou -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (7/1/2009 12:18:03 AM)

New Red Dwarf and I didn't know!? Brilliant. One of my all time favourite TV series. Bring on these episodes!

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (7/1/2009 12:32:44 AM)

quote:

Duane Dibbley? Duane Dibbley?!?

i007_Bond_007i -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (8/1/2009 5:20:01 PM)

More Red Dwarf [:)]! Excellent news I look forward to the specials [:D]! I hope they explain the ending of the 8th season...maybe Ace saves them all...in both dimensions...? [:-]

paul_ie86 -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (7/4/2009 12:52:55 AM)

I love Red Dwarf. Can't wait for the new episodes

vader100 -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (7/4/2009 7:49:21 AM)

I have a bad feeling about this. Set on Coronation Street, gags about the X Factor and Carbug, a Smart car painted green with plastic rockets stuck to it.[&:]

TobiasFunke -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (8/4/2009 1:45:38 PM)

Based on what I've read in TV magazines and from the clips which are on TV, I believe the new story will go something like this:

POSSIBLE spoilers below if my theory is correct

A 'dimension hopping leviathan' teleports into the ships' water-tank and has to be flushed out. Lister, Cat and Kryten set off to kill it while abject coward Rimmer keeps a safe distance elsewhere on the ship. After a comical battle with the monster, it disappears, then suddenly a new hologram, Katerina, appears. Coincidence? She wants to replace Rimmer aboard the ship and proves her mettle by experimenting on one of the squid's limbs, finding DNA which can be used to open a portal to Earth.

The gang return to 'Earth' and realise that Red Dwarf is a hit TV show which has been left on a cliffhanger (series 8's Only The Good). They themselves exist in a fictional universe but have now arrived in reality, where the show is about to be axed once and for all by its depressed writer, which will destroy their own reality. The team try to find Craig Charles by going to the set of Corrie, and then track down the writer to 'beg for more life'...and from there, it's anyone's guess!

I doubt it's intending to be a rip-off of 'Stranger Than Fiction' or 'League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse' to be honest, and my theory is that the 'leviathan' (a new Despair Squid?) takes the form of the new hologram. I also think Rimmer is key to all this as a clip on BBC Breakfast this morning shows he doesn't go down in th diving bell with everyone else...plus Katerina wants to switch him off. Hmm...does the fact he is dead make him invulnerable to the creature's influence? We shall see this weekend!

elab49 -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (8/4/2009 3:05:02 PM)

For those who haven't picked up it is this weekend on Dave

Fri 10th 9pm First part of the special, followed by 3 'classic' epis
Sat 11th 9pm Second part of special then the same.
Sun 12th 9pm Third part followed by making of and 2 more epis

All 4 are shown on Mon 13th from 9pm.

Remember color=#F1F1F1 is much better than just saying spoiler [:)]

MathewRed -> RE: Red Dwarf appreciation thread (8/4/2009 3:05:20 PM)

Fantastic show, but I always thought the book was better.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI