Jack Black On Board For School Of Rock 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Jack Black On Board For School Of Rock 2 (14/7/2008 7:13:15 AM)

Post your comments on this article

mlavagna -> Bad Idea (14/7/2008 7:13:15 AM)

School of Rock was pretty good, but a sequel? I just don't see where else they can take this. Surely Blacks not this desperate. I really don't see the point.

wooz -> (14/7/2008 10:08:46 AM)

Yeah... this sounds like a terrible idea...

Leeorami 2.0 -> (14/7/2008 10:09:32 AM)

I concur.

skeletonjack -> (14/7/2008 10:58:58 AM)

The first was a great little standalone movie: no sequel needed or requested. Shame really.....
I'd prefer a Tenacious D sequel: bring Dave Grohl back and set it in Hell or something....yeah!

Hughezy -> (14/7/2008 11:01:59 AM)

i want a Tenacious D sequel!

kinge247 -> I agree (14/7/2008 11:30:35 AM)

School of Rock was very good but does not deserve a sequel.  Jack Black is too reigned in on projects like this, his balls out style of comedy works best when he can swear and be vile like in Tropic Thunder.  I too would love a Tenacious D sequel, bring it on.  Just watched Pick of Destiny again and love it, did you know that John C Reilly played Sasquatch in it?

discodave101 -> Oh dear... (14/7/2008 12:06:38 PM)

....if ever an idea reeked of 'mo money'....

It would have to be a fantastic script with a great idea just to aviod being a complete rehash of the first.

mudskins -> Easy on people. (14/7/2008 12:31:58 PM)

I think that it is good JB does these sort of movies. If he is not reigned in on his humour every now and again and plays a more subtle role he will end up like Will Ferrell where every character in every movie with the exception of STF is the same. Good luck to them I say.

waltham1979 -> why did I read this?! (14/7/2008 1:00:29 PM)

I really couldn't stand School Of Rock so obviously a sequel to me is a bad idea, To be honest I am not entirely sure why I clicked on the stroy in the first place ??...!!

Bluehawk -> (14/7/2008 2:06:27 PM)

Hopefully Rage Kage can join the film. Tenacious D rocks!

mozzy_gal -> (14/7/2008 4:27:56 PM)

If they make it a completely different story with completely different people (don't get me wrong the kids in the last one were superb) it could work. It's Jack Black anyway, he can make anything work in my opinion.

martinblank -> RE: why did I read this?! (14/7/2008 7:46:57 PM)

Is it perhaps because you're a typical example of the standard-issue whiny internerd twat that plagues every message board in existence? The type who has to find fault in every damn thing- even things you have no active interest in or knowledge of?
Incidentally, the answer you're looking for is yes. As the old adage goes- if you haven't got anything nice to say- FUCK OFF!

leroythemasochist -> no sequel needed but... (14/7/2008 8:40:54 PM)

it's like Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream. You have one bowl and that's great. It hits the spot, tastes great and your lust for sugar and cream is satisfied. Then, naturally, you want some more. So you do.
And there we have it. School of Rock is great ice cream. You love it and you know you shouldn't want more but you will cuz you know it'll be fun and tasty. Might get a bit chubby too...

Nimrods Son -> RE: It COULD work (14/7/2008 10:28:05 PM)

If they got a good script then there's no reason why this couldn't work. After all, Dewey was the role Jack Black was born to play.

jighooligan -> RE: It COULD work (14/7/2008 11:43:03 PM)

Seems fairly pointless to me! There really is no need for a sequal.

DigitalMan -> It should be called "Road Trip of Rock - Americans will watch anything". (15/7/2008 4:58:33 AM)

At least the first had an interesting story and a few good subplot lines and it was called "School of Rock" for a reason.
This sounds like such a stupid idea to me.

Tech_Noir -> RE: It should be called "Road Trip of Rock - Americans will watch anything". (15/7/2008 7:17:46 AM)

What's Linklater doing?

I know his has to sell out every once in a while to fund his more experimental films (which I either love or hate - but good on him for giving me something new), but School of Rock 2?

Surely he can do something better.

Diggler -> RE: It should be called "Road Trip of Rock - Americans will watch anything". (15/7/2008 8:45:22 AM)

I'd go watch a 2nd School of Rock film but as people have said, I'd prefer a Tenacious D follow up. The rock off against the Devil at the end was brilliant:

"We'll bend you over and we'll take you to brown town" [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI