RE: Left 4 Dead (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

musewitch -> RE: Left 4 Dead (8/1/2009 5:45:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Diggler

I've got this. If we could get 8 of us together from Empire for a gamer night I'd be up for it. Nothing worse than playing with 3 people who like to run off when playing as the survivors. As soon as they're out of sight you know you're going to get pinned.

I agree playing at the zombie's is much more fun. Just waiting out of sight for one of them to break from the pack and you pounce! Great fun.

I'm up for that

Mozza -> RE: Left 4 Dead (8/1/2009 5:47:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

For PC users:

Is there a modding community at all? You'd think that this would be a great opportunity for custom mappers.

There is and there's a map and weapons for a Shaun of the Dead game. It's called Left 4 Winchester or something, if I find the site I'll post it.

Aint much use for me, as I'm a filthy console gamer.

musewitch -> RE: Left 4 Dead (8/1/2009 5:49:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

I'd really like to see maps from iconic zombie films where instead of merely trying to make it through a level you have to hold out for as long as possible as wave upon wave of zombie hordes attack you.

For example you could have the house from NotLD, the shopping centre from DotD and even The Winchester from SotD [:D]

Chuck in Manchester Morgue and the crazy doc's island from Zombie Flesh Eaters [:D]

And the house from Braindead, with a lawnmower included as extra weapon obviously.

Jim -> RE: Left 4 Dead (8/1/2009 8:44:34 PM)

On Blood Harvest (I think) there's a gore-caked lawnmower in one of the farmhouses, one of my favourite references in the game.

James2183 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (8/1/2009 9:44:32 PM)

I'm sure one of the car models is the same as Ash's in Evil Dead too

BigKovacs -> RE: Left 4 Dead (22/1/2009 5:46:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

I'm sure one of the car models is the same as Ash's in Evil Dead too

The one by the potra-cabin? certainly looks like it!

the anomaly -> RE: Left 4 Dead (22/1/2009 9:03:13 PM)

Have Valve confirmed proper support for the Xbox 360 version? Not just patches but maps and proper expansions etc. Because as much fun as I imagine the game is (I have played the demo numerous times) and how fun everyone says it is. It does have a limited amount of maps. Now everyone said the games is still brilliant. Fair enough. But you would not complain if there was a free update with 10 extra maps, 4 more wepons, 3 new zombie types etc.

Long story short if the game is getting proper support on the 360 then I will jump right in. If not I still want to wait for a price drop.

Chojin -> RE: Left 4 Dead (22/1/2009 9:30:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Have Valve confirmed proper support for the Xbox 360 version? Not just patches but maps and proper expansions etc. Because as much fun as I imagine the game is (I have played the demo numerous times) and how fun everyone says it is. It does have a limited amount of maps. Now everyone said the games is still brilliant. Fair enough. But you would not complain if there was a free update with 10 extra maps, 4 more wepons, 3 new zombie types etc.

Long story short if the game is getting proper support on the 360 then I will jump right in. If not I still want to wait for a price drop.

wait for a price drop, I really regret spending 40 on it.

BigKovacs -> RE: Left 4 Dead (23/1/2009 10:13:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

wait for a price drop, I really regret spending 40 on it.

Amen to that. As solid as the game is it's shallow as hell and not a 40 title. You can have the whole thing sewn up tight with 80pc of the achievements done in one weekend if you have a half decent bunch of mates. Also it's such a basic game Valve should be throwing DLC at us and there's nothing out there...

xim123 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (23/1/2009 10:20:22 AM)

It's annoying then that L4D is about the only game released last year that is still full price everywhere.

I actually ordered it using Nectar points via CD WOW weeks ago but it's been out of stock since and there doesn't appear to be any way to cancel it.

Invader_Ace -> RE: Left 4 Dead (23/1/2009 3:23:37 PM)

Ha! I just came on to moan about that! 40 pre-owned?! Get Out of Here!

Hooch0959 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (31/1/2009 9:05:14 AM)

Is anybody at a loose end today that fancies a game.  I yet to open my copy and would like to play with folk that are Human, before I venture into the sub-human world strangers on Xbox live

borstal -> RE: Left 4 Dead (31/1/2009 11:46:27 AM)

Playing Left4Dead with a friend online has been one of the greatest game experiences Ive ever had. I didn't feel like I was playing a game more experiencing a zombie outbreak.

I love it

xim123 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (31/1/2009 4:28:32 PM)

My copy has finally been despatched but still have to wait another 5-7 days [:@].  I ordered it weeks ago knowing I had some spare time on my hands but that's no longer the case, hopefully I'll find time to play on it.  I've never really embraced Live but I guess this is the game to do it with.  Looking forward to it...

xim123 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (5/2/2009 12:24:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: xim123

Finally gave in and ordered L4D at full price which means that the price will almost certainly drop everywhere else as soon as my copy is despatched.  

Well not as soon as was it despatched but the day after my first game of full price L4D, ShopTo reduce it to 28 (at least it's out of stock now)

the anomaly -> RE: Left 4 Dead (5/2/2009 11:20:35 AM)

quote:

quote:

Finally gave in and ordered L4D at full price which means that the price will almost certainly drop everywhere else as soon as my copy is despatched.  

Well not as soon as was it despatched but the day after my first game of full price L4D, ShopTo reduce it to 28 (at least it's out of stock now)

Play.com have it for 24.99 now...[&:] So I finnaly ordered it.

Mojo -> RE: Left 4 Dead (5/2/2009 11:53:25 AM)

Does anybody on here play the PC version or ya'll 360 gamers?

Hooch0959 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (6/2/2009 7:37:08 AM)

Anybody fancy a game tonight?

Yeti -> RE: Left 4 Dead (6/2/2009 9:48:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

When I sort out me Gold later today, and get slightly more half-cut, I'll be about.

Hooch0959 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (6/2/2009 10:03:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

quote:

When I sort out me Gold later today, and get slightly more half-cut, I'll be about.

Then sir, you rule!!

DJ Satan -> RE: Left 4 Dead (6/2/2009 10:04:53 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

quote:

Then sir, you rule!!

If the snow is bad (and it's currently looking that way) and prevents me from going to the pub I could be on.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Left 4 Dead (6/2/2009 10:31:12 AM)

quote:

A bit off topic, but I'm probably gonna be picking this up in a week or two once I get back from my holiday, so I'll gladly be up for a few online sessions if you're around.

Hooch0959 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (6/2/2009 10:37:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

A bit off topic, but I'm probably gonna be picking this up in a week or two once I get back from my holiday, so I'll gladly be up for a few online sessions if you're around.

Sound mate, you going anywhere nice?

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Left 4 Dead (6/2/2009 10:41:45 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

Sound mate, you going anywhere nice?

Good stuff, with any luck the game will have come down in price by then, although it is on offer in Game at the moment for 29.99

Nowhere warm unfortunately, but I'm sure I'll enjoy myself all the same, going to Paris and Disneyland with the missus.

BigKovacs -> RE: Left 4 Dead (6/2/2009 12:00:38 PM)

There's some DLC coming in March, the two missing Versus maps and a new mode called Survivor. I'll try and link it up.

James2183 -> RE: Left 4 Dead (7/2/2009 7:25:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Does anybody on here play the PC version or ya'll 360 gamers?

PC player here but have just moved house so don't have it up and running at the moment.

Sleazy -> RE: Left 4 Dead (10/2/2009 12:30:22 PM)

hell yeah.

She Who Must Be obeyed is going to a "spooky night" at her friends pub (mediums, tarot and other such bollocks) leaving me in by myself for some serious 360 time.

To make things better someone at work brought L4D in for me to borrow. Anyone up for some of this later?

BigKovacs -> RE: Left 4 Dead (11/2/2009 12:15:49 PM)

I don't suppose if anyone knows exactly how to get the Cr0wned achievement? (Kill a witch with a head shot). I've seen a few vids online and am catching her as she looks up, before she runs and after she has her head bowed. Believe me I'm clearly making the shot straight in her face... but no cheevie. Does anyone have any ideas?

the anomaly -> RE: Left 4 Dead (11/2/2009 11:44:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

I don't suppose if anyone knows exactly how to get the Cr0wned achievement? (Kill a witch with a head shot). I've seen a few vids online and am catching her as she looks up, before she runs and after she has her head bowed. Believe me I'm clearly making the shot straight in her face... but no cheevie. Does anyone have any ideas?

I am guessing you have to use the sniper rifle/rifle and get a pefect head shot? The game came on Monday but only started playing it yesterday. Loving it so far. I have mainly been doing the first level (the hospital/rooftop escape) with friends and VS mode on the same level. Being the zombies is brilliant if you can pull it off.

Yeti -> RE: Left 4 Dead (12/2/2009 8:15:59 AM)

Piece of piss, just have your light off, sneak up on the Gothic cowbag, blink on your lights, she looks up at you, shotgun to the Face-like. It's all in the sneaking and lights off. Easier with friends, since the AI tends to bumble in and disturb her when you're all creepy creeping.

Think inside the box, people! The box that probably has Schroedingers dead cat in it.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI