THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 3:09:23 PM)

Let's at least try and make this a popular thread eh [:D] Anything you wanna say that is pro slasher movie, you're in the right place! A few top ten's, reasons why you love some of your faves, whatever you like!

For slasher fans i recommend the best slasher site on the net: www.hysteria-lives.co.uk written by a dude who really knows his stuff and his reviews are funny and very well written.

tommyjarvis -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 6:36:58 PM)

Sign me up for this one, please [:D].

As a show of good faith, this is my top 10 favourite slasher movies:

Halloween ['78]
Scream
Saw
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ['74]
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Sleepy Hollow
Switchblade Romance
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Bride of Chucky
Friday the 13th

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 6:54:53 PM)

Awesome thread my friend ok this is gonna be a hard choic but my top 10 slashers would have to be

1) John Carpenter's Halloween- first horror film to watch
2) Rob Zombie's Halloween- first Halloween to see in cinemas
3) Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon- original and outstanding
4) Friday the 13th part 3- 3D- I've met Richard Brooker who played Jason plus its the intro to the hokeymask
5) Sleepaway Camp- Original and one of the best endings ever
6) The Burning- Fantasticly violent, Savini's effects are awesome
7) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)- Raw, graphic but you don't see anything this a snuff movie look
8) Hatchet- Totally over-the-top gore and great fun
9) Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers- My intro to favourite actress Danielle Harris
10) Psycho (1960)- For 1960 WOW, Anthony Perkins is awesome....MOTHER is insain and I love it  

evil bill -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 7:29:36 PM)

1/PSYCHO (1960)
2/TENEBRE (1982)
3/HALLOWEEN (1978)
4/TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)
5/NEW YORK RIPPER (1982)
6/A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (1984)
5/THE BURNING (1981)
7/FRIDAY THE 13TH
8/MY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981)
9/THE FUNHOUSE (1981)
10/CHILDS PLAY (1988)
All slasher movies have two things in common,a psycho,and the slashing of Victim's with blades,usally women.Sex and Violence always sells,but how it's treated on screen,is are safe way of seeing the darkside of life/death on screen.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 7:35:17 PM)

very hard choice but in no particular order:

1. The Burning
2. Friday the 13th part 2
3. Friday the 13th
4. My Bloody Valentine
4. sleepaway Camp
5. Madman
6. Just Before Dawn
7. Humongous
8. Friday the 13th the Final Chapter
9. Rosemary's Killer
10. Halloween

The REAL Bozz -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 7:35:30 PM)

I'll join!!!!! Lets beat the horror movie appreciation thread!!!

However ......you must all join The Friday The13th Fan Club in order to qualify for full membership of this club. (Sorry Kurtwood, but this is a must. Our forces must be strong!!)[:D]

paul.mccluskey -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 7:38:52 PM)

1. Halloween (1978)
  2. Tenebrae
  3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
  4. A Nightmare on Elm Street
  5. Scream
  6. Halloween H2O
  7. Psycho
  8. The Fog (1979)
  9. Halloween II
  10. 30 Days of Night

stuieboy -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 8:42:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halloweenfreak

5) Sleepaway Camp- Original and one of the best endings ever

An okay slasher but agree on the ending, pure genius.

Greatest slasher IMO Carpenter's Halloween closely followed by Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

Recommend Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film, nice documentary about, you guessed it, slasher flicks.

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 9:54:01 PM)

Evil Bill- You have some great films in your list which I haven't included but really like....My Bloody Valentine, Nightmare on elm street, Childs Play, The Funhouse is more of a monster type movie I would say...cause from the cover I thought it was to with a killer clown but sadly no [&o]....I thought the New York Ripper was ok but nothin really interesting.

Kurtwood- you list is awesome....Madman is a classic as well I like that film alot as well...the famous decapitation in the car scene is great.....Rosemary's Killer thats The Prowler right? cause I've got that and think its a good movie.

Paul.mccluskey- you have a wicked list I glad to see Halloween as number 1 [;)] I noticed a few films in your list which I'm not to sure if they are say slasher films like 30 Days of Night is a kinda creature feature type, The Fog is more of fecking brillaint Carpenter classic ghost story...but fecking awesome list H20 & H2 nice one [;)]

Stuieboy- Thanks for agreeing with me on the ending on Sleepaway Camp [;)]
Going to Pieces is awesome....its "the" slasher documentry [:D]

Its awesome to know that you cool guys have great interests in horror and slasher films like myself

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (10/7/2008 11:02:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey
  1. The Fog (1979)
  2. 30 Days of Night

Hmmmmm, i really wouldn't term either of these slasher movies. 30 days of night is vampires and the fog is ghosts!

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 8:32:25 AM)

Yeah I totally agree but they are great horror film still [:D]

Sledge Hammer -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 8:51:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

I'll join!!!!! Lets beat the horror movie appreciation thread!!!

However ......you must all join The Friday The13th Fan Club in order to qualify for full membership of this club. (Sorry Kurtwood, but this is a must. Our forces must be strong!!)[:D]

Never gonna happen...!!!

To be fair, that society was only popular because of Paap28's insane ramblings!

A few 'good' slashers not mentioned:

My bloody valentine
Maniac
Black Christmas (original)

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 9:03:14 AM)

My Bloody Valentine was mentioned a few times at the top.....Maniac is a great, violent film Savini's effects in that are great as well, the headshot of him in the car is amazingly graphic.
The original Black Christmas is what in a way kicked of the idea ofr my favourite film ever Halloween

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 9:49:13 AM)

My collection in all it's glory once again:

[image]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/hi_scorpia/PICT0001.jpg[/image]
[image]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/hi_scorpia/PICT0002.jpg[/image]
[image]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/hi_scorpia/PICT0003.jpg[/image]
[image]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/hi_scorpia/PICT0004.jpg[/image]
[image]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/hi_scorpia/PICT0005.jpg[/image]
[image]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/hi_scorpia/PICT0006.jpg[/image]
[image]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/hi_scorpia/PICT0007.jpg[/image]

Obviously i have a bunch of stuff on DVD but my VHS collection is waaaaay more treasured!

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 9:54:41 AM)

Special mentions should go to:

Prom Night
Final Exam
Curtains
Bodycount
Slumber Part Massacre
Hide and Go Shriek
The Final Terror
Terror Train
Intruder
Graduation Day
Happy Birthday To Me
Tourist Trap
Blood Sisters
Fatal Games
The Scaremaker

and for total cheese value:

Honeymoon Horror
Terror on Tour
The Prey
X-Ray
Unhinged
Beserker

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 11:30:58 AM)

My horror dvd collection

[image]http://a681.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_afb6347da9fb0fd8fa01259d45d3d4e8.jpg[/image]

My Halloween collection

[image]http://a765.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/106/l_d298df36f114b0fb28211393ae876af4.jpg[/image]

paul.mccluskey -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 11:43:01 AM)

Where did you get the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6?!  I can see a UK version there, right before Halloween Resurrection!  Lucky git [;)]!

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 12:06:48 PM)

quote:

My horror dvd collection

[image]http://a681.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_afb6347da9fb0fd8fa01259d45d3d4e8.jpg[/image]

My Halloween collection

[image]http://a765.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/106/l_d298df36f114b0fb28211393ae876af4.jpg[/image]

Cool collection, the weird thing is though that i dont really like other horror movies, just slasher movies!

CORLEONE -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 1:17:42 PM)

Donovan, I notice The Burning in your collection. Is it any good? My mate tells me it was banned for a few years, or maybe still is?

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 1:44:23 PM)

Hey Paul...the Halloween 6- Producers Cut I got from ebay lol for about 10...not to bad the added scenes (quality is shit) but still good to see, special effects are good as well. This version is not to bad I prefer The Curse of Michael Myers.

Donovan- I collect all different types of horror films but I love slasher films more than any other horror genre. Its the slasher genre that I got into and continue to worship and build up my collection even more week after week.

Corleone- The Burning is a classic...very graphic and violent which is why its such a great slasher...better than first Friday the 13th [:D]

But whne it comes to other horror film I'm abig fan of Halloween 3- Season of the Witch which isn't nothing to do with the Michael Myers series but I love this film.....Donovan your slasher collection is awesome man....try get them on dvd that will cost ya alot lol but some you can't even get on dvd yet which sucks [:(]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 2:00:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Donovan, I notice The Burning in your collection. Is it any good? My mate tells me it was banned for a few years, or maybe still is?

It WAS banned and heavily cut after that you can get it uncut on DVD over here now though and yes, it's one of my all time favourite movies!!!

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 2:03:06 PM)

quote:

Donovan- I collect all different types of horror films but I love slasher films more than any other horror genre. Its the slasher genre that I got into and continue to worship and build up my collection even more week after week.

But whne it comes to other horror film I'm abig fan of Halloween 3- Season of the Witch which isn't nothing to do with the Michael Myers series but I love this film.....Donovan your slasher collection is awesome man....try get them on dvd that will cost ya alot lol but some you can't even get on dvd yet which sucks [:(]

Well the thing is that i really love the old VHS cases and packaging,i've got quite a few pre-certs in there including sweet precerts of the burning and friday parts 1 and 2. There's something about that bygone era of movies on VHS. I love the old heavy tapes etc. I even love the grainy way they look!

You're right a high number of them haven't been released on DVD and never will be, so i hold true to my VHS originals!

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 2:15:52 PM)

Thats awesome buddy...before dvd's came out I had alot of VHS's but now I have now VHS's cause all the ones I had I now own on dvd lol but your right about the covers and packaging [:D]

Play.com I've noticed have alot of old horro films on there site now which is great cause I can order lots now [:D] if you wanna read my reviews for some films i'm 'grindhouse' on there I've review Re-Animator, RZ's Halloween, JC's Halloween, Diary of the Dead and so on...I'm on myspace as well as 'luke100%halloweenfreak' [;)]

CORLEONE -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 2:27:05 PM)

The Burning is 29.50 on Play [&:]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 2:27:10 PM)

Cool Luke, i'll add ya [:)]

evil bill -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 2:42:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

The Burning is 29.50 on Play [&:]

[image]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9201/51ta8sxbxlss500hm6.jpg[/image]
4.70 plus postage region 1 Amazon and it's uncut.
Here'a a new slasher from France i've been recomending on Werid/Strange movies fan base thread.
[image]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517PRtZ2u1L._SS500_.jpg[/image]
And yes The Fog and 30 Days of Night are not slashers they belong on Werid/Strange where they belong.[:D]

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 2:45:23 PM)

WOAW Corleone you can get the film much cheaper than that check out Amazon or dvd.co.uk 29.50 I wouldn't pay that less it was a 3-disc collectors edition then perhaps.

Cheers Donovan you'll like my page my friend [;)]

evil bill -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 2:50:38 PM)

Great collections guy's by the way.[;)]I've about 800 dvd's myself 75% horror of the extreme kind there is about half that number again.The amercains call them Splatter movies when there's lots of blood letting.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 3:03:46 PM)

You can get the Vipco uncut Burning over here region 2 well cheap i'm sure.

For me the slasher movie will always only have one definition. It is not any movie that is gory or any movie with a lot of blood letting or grue. A slasher movie is any movie where a group of people is stalked one by one by a killer, masked or not, in a horror sense. So not a murder mystery per se. If it's a killer, offing people one by one, gory or not (a lot of slashers arent even that gruesome) in a horror movie frame work, then it's a slasher. I've heard people call Zombie movies slashers before, it's like WTF!!! Basically use Halloween or Friday the 13th as the archetype, if it veers significantly from that formula, it's not a slasher. In my book at least! Anyone agree/ disagree?

Halloweenfreak -> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB (11/7/2008 3:12:43 PM)

Yeah totally man...with  films like THE DEVILS REJECTS thats to be a serial killer film like BUNDY, ED GEIN but more fucked up, I totally agree with you on the slasher terms like what a slasher film really is and to me thats what I love about you get a group of stpuid teens of the women are hot some are not and a psychopathic killing machine who can or can not die knocking em off with awesome way and I love that shit [:D]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.492188E-02