New Image From Wolverine (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Image From Wolverine (8/7/2008 6:13:57 PM)

Post your comments on this article

fierce-hairdo -> Knife Crime... (8/7/2008 6:13:57 PM)

You have to wonder. With all the horrific knife crime happening in the capital right now doesn't an iconic 'hero' like this send out all the wrong signals? Doesn't an image like this say: "Its cool to carry huge knives round and to dispatch your enemies with them is even cooler"?Or something to that effect. Discuss...

VincentHanna -> RE: Knife Crime... (8/7/2008 6:30:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fierce-hairdo

You have to wonder. With all the horrific knife crime happening in the capital right now doesn't an iconic 'hero' like this send out all the wrong signals?

Just as much as any of the Rambo films and Crocodile Dundee.

quote:

Doesn't an image like this say: "Its cool to carry huge knives round and to dispatch your enemies with them is even cooler"?Or something to that effect. Discuss...

For me personally, no. Maybe someone should also talk to the comics shops that have been selling Wolverine comics for years.

captainrentboy -> RE: Knife Crime... (8/7/2008 6:32:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fierce-hairdo
Doesn't an image like this say: "Its cool to carry huge knives round and to dispatch your enemies with them is even cooler"?

Only if you're a total cunt[:D]

Ricorodrigeuz -> RE:Knife crime (8/7/2008 6:33:47 PM)

What? In a world of being PC, I really think you have taken it a little too far. If anything we should be blaming rappers for their lyrics which involve "Cappin fools" etc which not many people notice.

On a lighter subject, I hope this film cleans up the mess which Bratt Ratner left after Xmen3 (A Ratner film without any racial jokes! Wow).

target -> RE: Knife Crime... (8/7/2008 6:39:20 PM)

Reporting knife crimes has gone up, it's the media's new thing.

The image is cool, but it's a bit like the one we saw ages ago.

Deacon Frost -> Fair comment.. (8/7/2008 6:40:09 PM)

I appreciate what your saying Mr. Hairdo. Wolverine has always been one of the more violent characters out there. I also wondered about The Dark Knight aswell. It would seem that The Joker's weapon of choice is to be a knife and lots of them.

My stance is the following. Heroes and villans have been turfing it out for nearly a hundred years on the big screen, cowboys used guns, as do cops and robbers, now we have an influx of superhero movies in which one "hero" has them inbedded in his forearms and a deranged nutcase simply likes them. Violence was with us long before the silver screen got going. Anyone picking up a knife, intending harm, after watching Wolverine, or the Joker, thinking its cool, is a bit of a numpty who would probably do it with scant encoragement anyway. People use knives as they cannot freely get hold of guns. Crime is prevalent in our cities, there are many causes, drugs, prostitution, race, certainly not Wolverine. Good thread though.

KlausKinski -> Get a grip (8/7/2008 6:47:39 PM)

do you seriously believe some chav is going to attach a set of knives to their fist and go on a stabbing rampage after seeing this?
I tried it with bread knives during Freddy Krueger's heyday, trust me kids it ain't worth it, unless your a sucker for public ridicule.
Anyway the Joker is a much better role model for demonstrating inventive knife play and evil deeds on the street.

mozzy_gal -> Wolverine...knife crime.....err NO! (8/7/2008 7:08:36 PM)

Oh please wolverine or ANY other comic book characters, rappers (yes rappers) has NOTHING to do with knife crime. That's just a stupid misconception and it annoys the hell out of me because it really isn't that black and white to say that rappers are to blame for knife, especially not the ones that have been ocurring so often over the past few weeks. And to put the part of the blame on a comic book character...that's bloody hilarious!

mozzy_gal -> Anyway... (8/7/2008 7:11:10 PM)

Back to the actual point, the photo, that is bloody hot!!

qasx_786 -> confused (8/7/2008 8:03:59 PM)

whats this about cake and lifting heavy stuff....have i missed something

danbo1138 -> old (8/7/2008 9:12:52 PM)

saw that a few week ago...still to tall

jk3555 -> looks ok (8/7/2008 9:13:58 PM)

but the claws look a little too shiny and arent exactly realistic (well as realistic as id imagine knives growing out between your knuckles would look)

kinge247 -> RE: looks ok (8/7/2008 10:59:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jk3555

but the claws look a little too shiny and arent exactly realistic (well as realistic as id imagine knives growing out between your knuckles would look)

Ha ha, not realistic, I have some really shiny knives which I use to prepare food with, anyway they are adamantium which is supposed to be the hardest metal in the world so even after a good stab up they'd be as shiny as the day they were cruelly and viciously inserted under his skin by Strykers weapon X program.   As for chavs and hoodies being inspired by Wolverine or the Joker, no chance there as they are too busy hanging out round shops with bottles of white lightning to read a comic or visit the pictures (not that any of them can read anyway the illiterate scumfucks).

shanewire -> Confused? (9/7/2008 10:26:53 AM)

qasx_786
It was a joke
They were referring to doing some weights.
Keep up or piss off

kdawg -> RE: Confused? (9/7/2008 5:58:37 PM)

Saw a "Blood" interviewed on London tonight with his face blurred to save his identity about knife crime....he said and i quote..."No one wants to lose in a fist fight innit blood".....so there's your answer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI