Brett Ratner Talks Beverly Hills Cop 4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Brett Ratner Talks Beverly Hills Cop 4 (4/6/2008 2:11:49 PM)

Post your comments on this article

cleanbreak films -> Beverly hills cop a PG 13 (4/6/2008 2:11:49 PM)

Was is ever going to be anything else?

jamiestogden -> WTF (4/6/2008 2:13:18 PM)

Beverly Hills Cop a PG? Get the fuck outa here.

punchdrunk -> Fish in a pond... (4/6/2008 2:14:01 PM)

Wasn't the fun of the Original movie that Axel was from a tough precinct moving to Beverly Hills, fish out of water type situations made the first one fun and the effect of his loose cannon policing on his clean cut partners made the sequals bareable as the premise started to streach, I don't think Ratner can kill something that is already dead.

Guchmeister -> RE: Beverly hills cop a PG 13 (4/6/2008 2:14:41 PM)

My expectation level for this has plummeted.

It was 0, its now -1000 [:D]

lukeyboy -> (4/6/2008 2:22:33 PM)

Why is Hollywood actively trying to gang-rape my childhood?...Why?

Moosedog -> Muddy Funster.... (4/6/2008 2:22:34 PM)

Noelg25 -> PG???? Can we shoot Ratner??? (4/6/2008 2:23:50 PM)

I have to admit I didnt watch the Beverly Hills Cop movie til I was about 13/14yrs old...so yeah I guess I was too young...but still it would be wrong to make it PG...much like they did with Die Hard 4.0 (unless u get the DVD that has the unrated version as well the cinematic one). That will just take the movie out of context...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I miss the 90s -> (4/6/2008 2:23:59 PM)

I'm sorry but, I have already lightened my torch and sharpened my pitch fork.
I'm about to stride to Brett Ratner...
He claims that every movie character was his favourite of "all time".
I'd also like to say, the original BHC movies contained a lot of nudity in too...
Their gna have to take the swearing, killing and tits outta the friggin' equation which made this franchise work.
It's a nice thought, trying to introduce the character to kids 10-12 years, but at the same time it's bloody dumb.
I'm seventeen and I was hooked from the first BHC, (3 was pretty awful), just show the originals to 15 years old or above.
He seems to destroy everything he touches.

Mr Underhill -> RE: Beverly hills cop a PG 13 (4/6/2008 2:24:14 PM)

Shocker. [sm=rolleyes10.gif]

waltham1979 -> (4/6/2008 2:29:04 PM)

I hate Ratner ... but I hated him already for X-Men 3, this just makes my hatred more intense - how Empire cannot greet him with same disdain as some one like MCG is beyond me !!!

hitchcock -> Spawn of Satan (4/6/2008 2:33:11 PM)

Ratners a complete CUNT!!! 'nuff said

jjmhm -> (4/6/2008 2:34:34 PM)

usually when i here 'they' are going to make a long awaited sequel i am excited and when it comes out deflated ... (see superman, matrix etc) ... this time i'm just deflated ... third BHC was utter rubbish and the only thing eddie murphy has produced half way decent since god knows when is shrek. .... perhaps they should hedge their bets and make BHC 4 CGI

Greg Andrew -> I'm SHOCKED, sorry no i'm not. (4/6/2008 2:37:02 PM)

This comes as no surprise to me and i fully expected it. i remember watching BHC when i was 10 or 11 on video with my older cousins. The whole excitment was watching something that was a bit to old for me.
This marketing ploy is killing modern cinema, Robocop, Terminator, Die Hard, now Beverly Hills Cop, I can't wait to see the PG-13 Clockwork Orange remake.

skeletonjack -> RE: (4/6/2008 2:37:08 PM)

I was watching the original BHC on TV the other night. It was on around midnight and they were showing an awful TV version with all of the language dubbed, even "shit" became" "shoot". It brought back memories of how awful TV censorship used to be, but also served as a good indicator of what the new movie could be like. Beverly Hills Cop without the swearing and violence, it might as well be called something else and a new franchise created.

sleepwalker -> (4/6/2008 2:38:23 PM)

The 3rd one was garbage, George Lucas was in it. Then he made the Phantom Menace

AboyNamedSue -> Murphy needs to go back to standup (4/6/2008 2:40:30 PM)

He was hilarious! As were the first two BHC movies. He hasn't been funny since Bowfinger.

dragonINC -> Beverley Hills Cop goes Rush Hour!!!!! (4/6/2008 2:43:22 PM)

I know a lot of people prob won't like this, but what the f**k, I'm gonna write it anyway!!! What if Mr.Ratner took the Rush Hour team of Jackie Chan & Chris Tucker to beverley hills where they need the wise cracking Eddie Murphy (Poss with Judge Reinhold) to tackle a great crime of some sort!!! If it was rated 15/18 the comedy possibilities between CT & EM could be great!!! With the added action talents of JC it really could be a great idea!!! Come on I know u like it!!!!!

dahlia79 -> What is the point? (4/6/2008 2:51:21 PM)

As Olly points out, shooting and swearing are an integral part of the BHC experience -what is the point in watering it down for moronic twelve year olds? I remember watching the 3rd one (admittedly pretty dire anyway) on the BBC before the watershed several years back -taking all the swearing out made the script unintelligible (the 'f' word being multipurpose and utilised to its full potential when Murphy gets going). I get that Hollywood thinks that their target audience is mainly prepubescent boys but, y'know, if they made some films for grown ups occasionally I think they'd find that there is an audience out there. Make them, and we will come. Make some tween dream version of BHC and I'll stay at home.

CORLEONE -> RE: What is the point? (4/6/2008 2:52:06 PM)

For f*ck's sake!!!!! I wanna see the old Murphy - swearing and cracking wise (Trading Places, 48 hrs). Brett Ratner should die of gonorrhaea and rot in hell ( possibly a tad harsh).

Speaking of 48 Hrs, Nolte and Murphy should team up for a 3rd - Another F*cking 48 Hours.

dragonINC -> Beverley Hills Cop goes Rush Hour!!!!! (4/6/2008 2:53:50 PM)

I know a lot of people prob won't like this, but what the f**k, I'm gonna write it anyway!!! What if Mr.Ratner took the Rush Hour team of Jackie Chan & Chris Tucker to beverley hills where they need the wise cracking Eddie Murphy (Poss with Judge Reinhold) to tackle a great crime of some sort!!! If it was rated 15/18 the comedy possibilities between CT & EM could be great!!! With the added action talents of JC it really could be a great idea!!! Come on I know u like it!!!!!

punchdrunk -> RE: Beverley Hills Cop goes Rush Hour!!!!! (4/6/2008 2:59:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dragonINC

Come to me with Eddie Murphy and Judge Reinhold and you've got yourself a go picture kid!

aka_sammym -> Oh Dear (4/6/2008 3:15:05 PM)

Hollywood runs out of ideas and goes back to the eighties/seventies for sequels and remakes.

Coming in 2010 : BACK TO THE FUTURE IV - Marty has to track down a time travelling teenage wolf. DIRTY HARRY : CALLAHAN & SON. Harry comes out of retirement to help his son, Barry stop a Urangutang on a killing spree. THE GODFATHER : EXTENDED FAMILY. Starring Al Pacino, James Caan and Luke Wilson reprising his role from Old School as a long lost relative and heir to the Corleone empire.

mlavagna -> (4/6/2008 3:27:13 PM)

I never understood what was so good about this francise. The first one was your average cop movie, the second one was shit and the third was even shitter. I don't get why they want to make another one.

The Jackal -> (4/6/2008 3:29:26 PM)

Oh Christ..

discodave101 -> Oh dear god..... (4/6/2008 3:30:39 PM)

Ratner is a tw@...

thegodfathers -> BHC4 (4/6/2008 3:33:10 PM)

So let me get this straight i've waited over 15 years for Eddie Murphy to swear again to say the immortal line 'Get the Fuck outta here!' and now its turned into a Die Hard 4 oh wait i see PG-13 then the unrated DVD with the swearing put back in very clever.

clarkkent -> (4/6/2008 3:35:24 PM)

and i was so looking forward to this happening....

Leeorami 2.0 -> Get the fuck outta here (4/6/2008 3:38:49 PM)

Well isn't that a surprise. I was waiting for this.
Where have all the film producers testicles gone? GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

Hughezy -> FOOLS! (4/6/2008 3:42:05 PM)

listen, we WANT to hear Eddie Murphy say "fuck" again!

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02