(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Spidermobile -> (20/7/2008 4:38:48 AM)

With all due respect to Mr. Holmes (and with myself being an old timer and all) Ian Holmes is just a bit long in the tooth to be playing the LEAD ROLE in a PG 13 type movie, CGI wrinkle removal or not. They will give the kids someone they can relate to.

Personally, if it were for me to choose, I think Gary Oldman would be the ideal face to fill the roll as he is a character actor of amazing capabilities, quite a bit along the lines of Mr. Holmes himself. But, he's just a bit older himself.

Possibly, and probably more to the liking of the box office bean counters, would be the superb, highly talented, and totally unappreciated Mr. Alan Cumming - an actor I feel is eventually destined for super-star status, once he and when he achieves the recognition he deserves. (And no, I am not his agent - just a fan!)

If you don't recognize the names of either Gary Oldman or Alan Cumming, then please do a Google search of them. THEN come back and tell me that neither of these two have the credentials or savvy to fill the role established by Ian Holmes.

Spidermobile -> Not ? Holmes ? (20/7/2008 6:10:18 AM)

With all due respect to Mr. Holmes (and with myself being an old timer and all) Ian Holmes is just a bit long in the tooth to be playing the LEAD ROLE in a PG 13 type movie, CGI wrinkle removal or not. They will give the kids someone they can relate to.

Personally, if it were for me to choose, I think Gary Oldman would be the ideal face to fill the roll as he is a character actor of amazing capabilities, quite a bit along the lines of Mr. Holmes himself. But, he's just a bit older himself.

Possibly, and probably more to the liking of the box office bean counters, would be the superb, highly talented, and totally unappreciated Mr. Alan Cumming - an actor I feel is eventually destined for super-star status, once he and when he achieves the recognition he deserves. (And no, I am not his agent - just a fan!)

If you don't recognize the names of either Gary Oldman or Alan Cumming, then please do a Google search of them. THEN come back and tell me that neither of these two have the credentials or savvy to fill the role established by Ian Holmes.

Spidermobile -> (20/7/2008 6:12:30 AM)

Spidermobile -> (20/7/2008 6:13:51 AM)

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.076172E-02