Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

CURIOUS_GEORGE -> Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (25/12/2005 10:24:33 AM)

I watched this film for about the 5th time last night, and I forgot how absolutely amazing it actually is. It has the be the best RomCom in History! You opinions?

rachel_york -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (1/1/2006 4:03:48 PM)

Its a classic! Every time I watch it, it seems really fesh and just as funny as the first time I saw it- and so quotable!!

dark crystal -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (1/1/2006 6:51:05 PM)

Good film, although I always felt that Renee Zellwegger was miscast in the role. Kate Winslet would have been perfect.
That said, it was enjoyable, but the book was better.

CURIOUS_GEORGE -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (2/1/2006 11:04:24 AM)

Yes, but Kate Winslet does not have that 'Outcast, loser' aura around her that made Renee's performance so believable. I think Renee was the perfect choice.

CURIOUS_GEORGE -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (2/1/2006 11:05:03 AM)

She would bring too much Hollywood into the film.

Empitomezzo -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (12/1/2006 6:55:15 PM)

It is very enjoyable and cute; one of working Title's best.

Katamarang -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (13/1/2006 1:10:42 AM)

Maybe not the best romantic comedy of all time (I agree that Annie Hall is better) but definitely one my favourites, it always puts me in a good mood.

Hood_Man -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (3/8/2012 9:24:47 PM)

I love this film [:)] So funny, so affectionate, and very British in it's eccentric way. Possibly the last great thing Richard Curtis was involved in... [8|]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (4/8/2012 1:03:03 AM)

And the most impressive thread resurrection goes to......

Seriously though, 6 1/2 years!!

MonsterCat -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (4/8/2012 1:04:55 AM)

I wonder what Snaze and Rawlinson think of Bridget Jones' Diary.

Hood_Man -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (4/8/2012 1:05:37 AM)

I did it for Vad3r [:D]

But he didn't notice.

He never notices me [:(]

vad3r -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (4/8/2012 1:14:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I did it for Vad3r [:D]

But he didn't notice.

He never notices me [:(]

I noticed Hood_Man, I noticed. I was too emotional to respond. It was what I imagine a father must feel like when his son calls him 'dad' for the first time.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (4/8/2012 3:48:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CURIOUS_GEORGE

Yes, but Kate Winslet does not have that 'Outcast, loser' aura around her that made Renee's performance so believable. I think Renee was the perfect choice.

[sm=happy34.gif] Agree on this and maybe on your point about Winslett. Interesting thing is they chose Renee at about the right moment in her career because if that had been now she would have been too much of a hollywood star too. Its a mute point now anyway as you just can't anyone else playing that part.

Jessica_ca_ca_ca -> RE: Bridget Jones's Diary - Opinions? (6/8/2012 11:51:39 AM)

Everyone seemed to have given a thumbs up for Renee playing Bridget Jones', but the highlight for me has got to be Hugh Grant as Daniel - his entrance from the elevator was brilliant [:D] "R E S P E C T"

It's not the greatest rom-com in history, but there's definite laugh-out-loud moments and the material is great.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI