Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

will1000 -> Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (21/5/2008 10:50:02 AM)

For some reason I was looking for examples of the shocking CGI in Spiderman 3 and I stumbled across this website!

http://www.moviemistakes.com/

It has a lot of blindingly (and some not so) obvious errors that make you wonder how things like that are allowed to happen (crew members in shot for example).  Some are forgivable, but things like CGI shots shouldn't have continuity mistakes! 

Lazy film making or genuine errors, you decide!

richCie -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (21/5/2008 12:23:57 PM)

on IMDB's profiles for any films they always have a list of mistakes, mainly of the continuity kind.
I always find it amazing how close attention people must be paying. I never notice any of them.

pablohoolio -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 12:33:21 AM)

Moive Mistakes has been oing for aaaaaaaages.

What pisses me off about that site, is they will have a 'mistake' that says 'In Saving Private Ryan, the third soldier from the left on the beach in shot 4 was using a P.665 rifle, when in actual fact his regiment was only given p.644 rifles, until after they had landed on the beach and then they were given P.655's'

Who. Gives. A. Fuck?!?
[:D][:@]

Is that really a mistake to anyone other than someone obsessed with World War 2 rifles??

will1000 -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 8:46:28 AM)

I agree, alot of the stuff on the website does seem petty and most normal people woukdn't notice it...by normal I mean people who don't watch a DVD frame by frame!

Ghidorah -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 9:07:43 AM)

Aliens vs Predator requirem[:@]

pablohoolio -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 12:31:41 PM)

I realise the irony of my posting a rant about Movie Mistakes that also included several terrible spelling errors....
[:D]

Harley Quinn -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 12:40:17 PM)

There's a massive one at the end of Dirty Dancing

Patrick Swayze takes his coat off twice.

AngryDude92 -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 7:16:20 PM)

one of my favourite ones is in Con Air (Watched it very recently) In the scene when the police are assaulting the escaped prisoners via the bone yard (If you've seen it this'll make sence)
When it all happens John Malcavich has an assault rifle, then later he has a shotgun which comes out of nowere this is the changed into another assault rifle then he's running away with a pistole and when he's on the plane the pistole turns into another assault rifle.

I noticed this and i don't usually notice things like this so it must be one of the more obviouse ones(sorry if it sounded a bit pedantic)

pettsy -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 7:20:41 PM)

My favourite one is in Scream 2 when ***SPOILER*** Sarah Michelle Gellar's character gets thrown over the balcony by the killer.  As she goes over some random crew member's head pops up at the side of the screen. [:D]

The best one in Spider-Man 3 is the clear tea.  It was even in the 7 minutes released online - how did no-one involved spot it?

Henry JW -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 8:02:55 PM)

Not sure if this is true but I heard that if you watch closely during the battle scene in Braveheart you can see a white van driving in the background. A good one is in Commando, when Arnie has wrecked Sully's car and then dropped him off a cliff ('You said you were gonna kill me last!' - 'I lied!') and the car is fine after he tips it over from its side.

will1000 -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 8:30:03 PM)

The Spiderman films are just littered with mistakes...some really obvious...makes me wonder if Sam Raimi does it on purpose!

Ghidorah -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (22/5/2008 9:06:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: will1000

The Spiderman films are just littered with mistakes...some really obvious...makes me wonder if Sam Raimi does it on purpose!

Like the hobbit size goblin?[:@]

Fucking awful cgi.

Spengler -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (23/5/2008 12:47:07 AM)

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is in ROTK when Legolas is on top of the Mumakil, he draws his arrows out of the quiver twice.

richCie -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (23/5/2008 10:24:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spengler

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is in ROTK when Legolas is on top of the Mumakil, he draws his arrows out of the quiver twice.

You realise quivers hold a lot of arrows right?

Nah i know what you meant [:D]

Jasper -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (23/5/2008 1:39:01 PM)

Never spotted any mistakes myself except for one in True Lies -- during the horse/motorcycle chase in the hotel, you can see the skid marks from previous takes.

Workshed -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (23/5/2008 4:32:58 PM)

quote:

True there are a lot of mistakes, namely the cheezy, soap opera dialogue, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dusnt.

thedrin -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (24/5/2008 7:40:26 AM)

quote:

Henry JW:
Not sure if this is true but I heard that if you watch closely during the battle scene in Braveheart you can see a white van driving in the background.

Yep, though I don't think that it's during a battle sequence. You can see a tiny white dot moving along the side of a far-off hill. It's not the biggest mistake in the world.

krudler -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (24/5/2008 8:37:27 AM)

the funniest one in Braveheart is Brendan gleesons clearly rubber axe wobbling in the wind when they charge towards the camera in the final shot, always makes me laugh

jonson -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (24/5/2008 11:45:53 AM)

I used to love the bit in Bad Taste when the guy falls off the cliff. He lands between the rocks and you can see a guy with an orange bucket jump up and chuck a load of blood in the air. Probably Peter Jackson actually as he seemed to do everything in that film.
Harsh to pick on such a low budget film but it used to make me howl. [:D]

AngryDude92 -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (24/5/2008 10:42:21 PM)

Never spotted any mistakes myself except for one in True Lies -- during the horse/motorcycle chase in the hotel, you can see the skid marks from previous takes.

He He He (I really am that childish)[:D]

grucl -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (26/5/2008 8:31:27 AM)

My favorite one still is the „magic pit“ in Jurassic Park.

When the T-Rex crashes through the fence there is a lot of jungle behind him. 10 minutes later he pushes the jeep though that very same hole in the fence only now the jungle floor seems to have dropped some 20 meters down.

krudler -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (26/5/2008 10:04:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

My favorite one still is the „magic pit" in Jurassic Park.

When the T-Rex crashes through the fence there is a lot of jungle behind him. 10 minutes later he pushes the jeep though that very same hole in the fence only now the jungle floor seems to have dropped some 20 meters down.

i think this was explained somewhere else where the bit that the car got pushed over is further down the road than where see the first time so there is a drop,it still annoys me though

grucl -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (26/5/2008 11:01:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

My favorite one still is the „magic pit" in Jurassic Park.

i think this was explained somewhere else where the bit that the car got pushed over is further down the road than where see the first time so there is a drop,it still annoys me though

Last time I watched the film I looked at this scene very carefully and the jeep doesn’t move (it can’t move since it’s on rails and the power is out).
It really is the exact same spot.
Easily recognizable too as it’s the only part of the fence that is torn to pieces by the T-Rex (Grant uses one of the torn cables to swing to safety from the falling jeep)!

darkarius -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (26/5/2008 12:15:27 PM)

quote:

I agree, alot of the stuff on the website does seem petty and most normal people woukdn't notice it...by normal I mean people who don't watch a DVD frame by frame!

you dont do that?  Someone please tell me they do this aswell

I cant be arsed to go look, but I'm sure i read somewhere that in gladiator someone is wearing a watch. 

Mr Grady -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (28/5/2008 6:56:47 AM)

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves,

Errors in geography: When Robin and Azeem arrive in Dover, Robin says we will be dining with my father by nightfall. Nottingham is over 170 miles away so it would be impossible to cover this distance in that time.

Errors in geography: Not only do Robin and Azeem manage to travel from Dover to Nottingham (170 miles) in just a few hours, but they also decide to go via Hadrian's Wall which is a good few hundred miles north, on the border of England and Scotland.

[sm=18.gif][sm=08.gif]

grucl -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (28/5/2008 10:12:27 AM)

In Speed Dennis Hopper's character manages to snap his fingers despite the fact that he's missing his thumb. [sm=893confused27-thumb.gif]

Deviation -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (28/5/2008 10:51:40 AM)

There is an Air Malta plane flying over Bard Pitt's head in Troy.

[image]http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/troy-plane-mistake.jpg[/image]

HIM -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (28/5/2008 11:20:54 AM)

I watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade the other night and during the part in Venice in the church/library Indy climbs a circular staircase and finds the giant 'X' on the floor to mark the spot where the knight is buried. When he goes down the stairs to smash through the floor the massive 'X' is gone!

Felix -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (28/5/2008 11:25:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

I watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade the other night and during the part in Venice in the church/library Indy climbs a circular staircase and finds the giant 'X' on the floor to mark the spot where the knight is buried. When he goes down the stairs to smash through the floor the massive 'X' is gone!

[image]http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-FFS-Worf.gif[/image]

HIM -> RE: Continuity Errors and Movie Mistakes! (28/5/2008 11:31:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

[image]http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-FFS-Worf.gif[/image]

[sm=augen14.gif]

Whatchu talkin' 'bout?

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI