Tom Cruise To Enter Presidential Race? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Tom Cruise To Enter Presidential Race? (15/5/2008 8:47:52 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Sub Rosa -> Err ... Helen ... (15/5/2008 8:47:52 AM)

... I don't mean to be demeaning but "Valkyrie" pretty much falls under the category of "thriller". Duh.

Simon124 -> (15/5/2008 9:16:52 AM)

The Goverment being run by a black guy? Let's not bring in the race issue here

batman_begins -> Err.. Helen... part 2 (15/5/2008 10:06:01 AM)

umm, Helen, i read ur review of Tom's Lions for Lambs portrayal. you were behind the guy's back. pushing him for an Oscar victory. But now, you're attacking the actor and even suggesting that no one in his right mind would vote for him for President. im really confused. yeesh. anyway, i just hope that all the people who hates Tom would just get off his back. He's been mellowing down for a year now and come August 08, he's back in a big way. We still believe, Mr. Cruise.

batman_begins -> (15/5/2008 10:07:50 AM)

seriously, get off his back. all these jealous writers and half-wits who wishes they have his charm, good looks, and success. He's back in a big way after a big mellowing down.

AboyNamedSue -> Buuuuuuuuuuuuurn (15/5/2008 11:23:55 AM)

You got served Helen :-) (i think that's what it means)

Helen OHara -> RE: Buuuuuuuuuuuuurn (15/5/2008 12:50:09 PM)

Served nothing. Valkyrie, which we haven't seen yet, is a very different proposition from the films like The Firm, A Few Good Men and The Color of Money that made Cruise's name, what with us knowing the ending and it being positioned as less mainstream and more awardsy (at least until it was pushed back and back). In short, not an "ol' school thriller".

As for slagging off Cruise, I have a very high opinion of him. That doesn't mean I'd want him as a US president - Denzel, on the other hand, seems the stable type that one would want in the job. The world would be a dull place if it were only filled with stable people, but they're definitely the sort I prefer to have with their fingers on the nuclear button. For the record, I still think Cruise's Lions for Lambs performance was Oscar-worthy - in fact I think that he's been overlooked for a deserved Oscar on several occasions now. But I'm not jealous because I emphatically do not want his life, and it's a bit silly to draw so much from a throwaway line in a news story.

The Todge -> RE: (15/5/2008 1:04:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: batman_begins

seriously, get off his back. all these jealous writers and half-wits who wishes they have his charm, good looks, and success. He's back in a big way after a big mellowing down.

I'll get off his back when he realises his god is phony.

spikespiegel -> (15/5/2008 4:55:31 PM)

sorry but it has to be said...OBAMA '08!

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: President Cruise (15/5/2008 8:02:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helen OHara

That doesn't mean I'd want him as a US president - Denzel, on the other hand, seems the stable type that one would want in the job.

Er, they are actors, you know Helen, and the characters they're playing in this film don't necessarily have to correspond with how you imagine these guys would be POTUS in real life. Is Tom Cruise suddenly not a good enough actor to play a stable president?

boredbluekoala -> Mooted comedy project? (15/5/2008 11:40:11 PM)

I thought that it was well known that Cruise has a very well received cameo in Tropic Thunder? bring the funny.And I'm getting kinda bored of the whole Cruise-hate thing out there.

Helen OHara -> RE: President Cruise (16/5/2008 8:31:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

Er, they are actors, you know Helen, and the characters they're playing in this film don't necessarily have to correspond with how you imagine these guys would be POTUS in real life. Is Tom Cruise suddenly not a good enough actor to play a stable president?

Oh god. I didn't say I didn't want him PLAYING a US president. Of course he can PLAY one. I was going for funny but clearly I've run aground on the rocks of confusion. It just struck me as amusing that they were casting the sort of guy you'd want for President in real life as the evil usurper, and the sort of guy who jumps on sofas in real life and cheerleads for a religion that most consider near a cult as the stable, well-adjusted hero who's rightfully elected. That's all. It was a throwaway comment. Can't we all just get past it? I'm quite happy to sign any petition you people have to get Cruise an Oscar. Or to persuade Washington to stand as Obama's running mate.

And koala, I was referring to Hardy Men and Men. Tropic Thunder's not a Cruise project, in the sense that he doesn't star. In fact his cameo was supposed to be a surprise.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: President Cruise (16/5/2008 8:43:56 AM)

Aye, I hadn't heard of his cameo until about 30 seconds ago when I read that post.

Mind you, he did cameo in Goldmember, which was class. [:D]

JoseJones -> Conspiracy Theories... (16/5/2008 5:16:16 PM)

Jump around on your couch when in love!!!! But, if you fall off the couch and smash your head, don't take any prescribed pain killers... I just hope Melvin Gibson will star in this sloppy mess.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI