Spielberg To Skip Chicago Seven (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Spielberg To Skip Chicago Seven (12/5/2008 9:14:27 AM)

Post your comments on this article

K0rrupt -> Liam Neeson (12/5/2008 9:14:27 AM)

I thought Liam Neeson was already billed to play Lincoln, hasn't he been researching the part for a year or so?

leroythemasochist -> every mention gets me excited (12/5/2008 9:43:16 AM)

yeah, i know this article is about what he's doing AFTER Indy, but May 22 (or in my case 24) is getting closer by the day.
One thing though... Still not convinced by this motion capture nonsense. I'm not being a luddite, just that everything I've ever seen using it looks... how can I put this. Ah yes, that's it. Flippin Awful.

britesparc -> Shame about Chicago... (12/5/2008 9:50:03 AM)

But I've been REALLY looking forward to Lincoln, so I'm glad he's definitely doing it, and I don't mind waiting till after Tintin (which I'm sure will be good fun, and I'm really intrigued to see how it pans out). And as far as I'm concerned, Neeson's already got the gig; after all, he's been giving interviews about it for ages!

doctorolorinbats1975 -> (12/5/2008 10:23:24 AM)

Yes, Neeson is still attached to play Lincoln, and he has done tremendous research for it. I definitely want to see Lincoln after all its years in development (Spielberg acquired the rights to Doris Kearn Goodwin's biography of the president in 2001!), and of course, the director's collaboration with Peter Jackson and Steven Moffat on the Tintin trilogy makes me very excited.

boove -> RE: (12/5/2008 11:02:32 AM)

so the motion capture, how is it going to look?

is it going to be along the lines of Beowolf?  or will it look like Gollum?  or will it look more cartoony like Appleseed?

either way im not really interested in a Tintin movie as i dont like Tintin.  still interested to know the visual style of it though.

quigonjaf -> Liam neesons Lincoln Research (12/5/2008 12:04:10 PM)

Liam Neeson got the role 3 years ago and he has been lots of research on this since,i have read the book which contrary to its size(which can be a bit daunting at first look) once you get into it you cant put it down,i think you can get it at Amazon its worth a look,Liam will be simply amazing as Lincoln and its nice for him that he has a timeline to aim for now,does anybody know if Sally Field is still attached ?

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: RE: (12/5/2008 2:41:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boove

so the motion capture, how is it going to look?

is it going to be along the lines of Beowolf?  or will it look like Gollum?  or will it look more cartoony like Appleseed?

either way im not really interested in a Tintin movie as i dont like Tintin.  still interested to know the visual style of it though.

Peter Jackson said the look of the film would be Herge's classic style, but with realistic skin, hair, fabric, and so on.

paul.mccluskey -> RE: Spielberg To Skip Chicago Seven (12/5/2008 4:29:19 PM)

Spielberg also plans to direct a Sci-Fi film called Interstellar.  This was announced early last year.

Along with Guillermo del Toro, he is the busiest director at the moment.

britesparc -> RE: Spielberg To Skip Chicago Seven (12/5/2008 5:19:29 PM)

I imagine his schedule will be: finish his collaboration on Tintin this year, then shoot Lincoln next year (release: Xmas 09), do Chicago 7 after that for a mid-to-late-2010 release, then maybe spend a bit of time on Intersellar, for a summer 2012 release...

Of course, that's just me speculating!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
9.277344E-02