Beck To Release New Album (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile

Olaf -> Beck To Release New Album (6/5/2008 6:33:17 PM)

Clicky!

Nothing confirmed, but there's strong rumours of Beck doing a NIN and releasing his 11th album in "four to six weeks", to be produced by Danger Mouse and featuring "collaborations with a host of artists, including Cat Power". Thoughts?

moontheloon -> RE: Beck To Release New Album? (6/5/2008 6:39:59 PM)

ooooooooooooh. New Beck, Dangermouse, Cat Power. If this does turn out to be true (which is possible) then I am rather excited for it[:D]

bubs -> RE: Beck To Release New Album? (6/5/2008 7:52:17 PM)

Whooooo! I love Beck! i can't wait for this, um, that is if it's true ofcourse.[:D]

pedros -> RE: Beck To Release New Album? (6/5/2008 8:57:47 PM)

Oh excellent, I hope he tours for this album too (if it's true obviously) as he didn't for the Information. I saw him on the Guero tour and it was good.

EDIT: And I just find out that he is playing in Manchester in July, and I can't afford it. Tits.

Rhubarb -> RE: Beck To Release New Album? (7/5/2008 1:56:45 AM)

Any New Beck is alright by me!

Olaf -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (11/5/2008 5:16:15 PM)

It's confirmed: Clicky
Yay! [:)]

Rhubarb -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (12/5/2008 2:54:39 PM)

I love Pitchforks' "So It's A Beck Album"

Brilliant news. Really looking forward to it. He seems more prolific than ever these days.

Olaf -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (13/5/2008 10:29:17 PM)

The new album has a name - Clicky.

He's talking about Modern Guilt having a "1960s British vibe" - I can't wait. [:)]

moontheloon -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (13/5/2008 11:04:02 PM)

quote:

He seems more prolific than ever these days.

Not as much as danger mouse, seriously, everwhere I look new releases are coming out with him as producer, how does he find time[&:]

Olaf -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (20/5/2008 10:03:13 PM)

Beck has placed the song "Chemtrails" from Modern Guilt on his website. He certainly sounds like delivering on his promise of late-60s / early 70s psychedelic rock, if this is anything to go by. Very Floyd...[;)]

moontheloon -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (20/5/2008 11:02:43 PM)

I really like his new song... It reminds me of something other than Floyd, but I can't place what at all.. But I really like it... Bring on the album[:D]

Olaf -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (20/5/2008 11:14:30 PM)

Same here...I'm sounding like a Beck version of Max314...[:D]

Olaf -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (15/6/2008 12:01:26 AM)

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Beck_-_Modern_Guilt.jpg[/image]

Clicky

First impression from Drowned In Sound, release date is July 7th...

Rhubarb -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (15/6/2008 1:01:02 AM)

Bring it on!

petecriss8000 -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (17/6/2008 5:32:02 PM)

I didn't notice the date on here, so it's released on 22nd July[:)]

Coincidental with the first post, NIN's newest is also out that day!

moontheloon -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (17/6/2008 6:14:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: petecriss8000

I didn't notice the date on here, so it's released on 22nd July[:)]

Coincidental with the first post, NIN's newest is also out that day!

Amazon has the UK release date as July 7th. Where have you got the 22nd from? I really hope it is the 7th. I wanna hear this album sooooon[:D]

Filmfan 2 -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (17/6/2008 8:44:15 PM)

Oh yes![:D]

I love Beck, and I'd heard runblings of a new album and I'm thrilled that they're true. I love the sound of Chemtrails - hopefully this album is going to be another classic Beck release.

*Goes off to pre-order*

petecriss8000 -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (20/6/2008 5:00:03 AM)

Pre-sunrise posting is the king.

Does anyone else Beck's last two albums get much worse as they progress. I wouldn't listen past track 10 or so on either. Which is a shame because if the quality was maintained they would be pretty much the best albums ever. I'm glad Modern Guilt only has 10, then I can stop listening at 6, or thereabouts.

Olaf -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (20/6/2008 9:15:25 PM)

Shame on you sir, The Information is one of Beck's finest albums! Though I wasn't a huge fan of Guero, good but not great.

Rhubarb -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (20/6/2008 9:17:54 PM)

As for them getting worse as they go on, I thought No Complaints was the best song The Information.

pedros -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (20/6/2008 9:33:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Shame on you sir, The Information is one of Beck's finest albums! Though I wasn't a huge fan of Guero, good but not great.

Completely agree - Guero is good, but not his best. The Information, however, is awesome. Can't wait for this album.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (28/6/2008 8:30:39 PM)

Four stars from Q Magazine for Modern Guilt, saying it's a return to essential Beck after two lacklustre predecessors:

quote:

Modern Guilt feels satisfyingly coherent: there's no meandering, no drifting, just a dense, precision-honed mesh of sound and ideas. The slacker boy wonder has grown up to be a man on a new mission.  

Filmfan 2 -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (8/7/2008 12:39:11 PM)

My copy dropped through the post yesterday and after a few listens, this is fast becoming one of my favourite Beck albums.

My particular favourites are Orphans, Chemtrails, Replica and Prophecy Prayers. Danger Mouse and Beck make a great team and I'm hoping that they work together on future projects.

Very nice indeed![:D]

FritzlFan -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (24/8/2012 4:28:51 PM)

New Beck album! Should be g-
http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/9/3230008/beck-song-reader-sheet-music

Oh.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: Beck To Release New Album (24/8/2012 10:42:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

Four stars from Q Magazine for Modern Guilt, saying it's a return to essential Beck after two lacklustre predecessors:

quote:

Modern Guilt feels satisfyingly coherent: there's no meandering, no drifting, just a dense, precision-honed mesh of sound and ideas. The slacker boy wonder has grown up to be a man on a new mission.  

Quoting Q Magazine, what the hell Larry...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI